PDA

View Full Version : Any RC Enthusiasts out there??

young gunz
03-20-2011, 08:48 PM
Hi me and my Dad have been playing around with Remote Controll cars and trucks for about 3 years and are enjoying it very much:sHa_shakeshout:. Now we are getting into hellicopters:).So i was wondering if anyone else is indurested in this kind of thing??? if so,post some pics:)

thankyou

lilsundance
03-20-2011, 09:01 PM
a guy I work with bought a RC helicopter at the sportsman show. He got home plugged it in to charge while he read the book. 20 minutes later he figured that was long enough to giver a try. 15 minutes after that his house was declared a no fly zone.:thinking-006: :scared0015:
:innocent:

young gunz
03-20-2011, 09:09 PM
a guy I work with bought a RC helicopter at the sportsman show. He got home plugged it in to charge while he read the book. 20 minutes later he figured that was long enough to giver a try. 15 minutes after that his house was declared a no fly zone.:thinking-006: :scared0015:
:innocent:

haha one of my frends got the same one and he is already buying parts:)

Danorn
03-20-2011, 09:17 PM
I have been flying r/c helis, planks and blimps for about 15 yrs or so. I fly mostly glow helis and gas planks 50cc stuff Yaks and Gee Bees. The helis are Raptor 50Se with OS Hypers. I don't do a lot of 3d style flying, I just go out to have fun. If your gonna fly, there are two types of heli pilots. "Those that have crashed and those that are gonna"

Hunter65
03-20-2011, 09:26 PM
I got into r/c planes in the early 80's, got out of it in the mid 90's. I am contemplating getting back into it again, probably electrics. No muss, no fuss. Had a gas Schluter, pre-gyro era, 60" rotors. Got so I could hover it sort of, but eventually smashed it up. No such thing as minor damage when a chopper bites it. Had plenty of planes, could wring 'em out hard core. I think it actually got somewhat boring which is why I got out of it. Thinking about an electric sailplane, something I can take camping, easy to set up and fly. It's an awesome hobby for sure, you will enjoy it. The sky's really the limit!!

KegRiver
03-20-2011, 09:32 PM
I've been a RC aircraft fanatic since the early 70s.

I lost my collection of photos in the divorce and haven't taken any new ones.
Right now I have two co-axial Helicopters. I am saving for a 1/4 scale Airplane.
I have my eye on a 120" wingspan Piper Cub.
Rest assured I'll have photos if when I get it. It is only a matter of time.

sparky660
03-20-2011, 09:37 PM
I tried a plane once and thought that it would be to expensive for me. I decided to get into RC cars instead. I have a revo 3.3 done to the nuts race track ready and am looking at maybe getting the Xray truggie.

Hunter65
03-20-2011, 09:43 PM
I tried a plane once and thought that it would be to expensive for me. I decided to get into RC cars instead. I have a revo 3.3 done to the nuts race track ready and am looking at maybe getting the Xray truggie.

I used to tell people that it's only expensive when you crash.

sparky660
03-20-2011, 09:47 PM
I crashed the guys plane, so me being the stand up guy, it cost me $150 buck to fix it. He should have known better but I couldn't leave him hanging. My pocket book and inability to not push things to the limits make RC cars a better choice for me.:sign0161:

young gunz
03-20-2011, 09:51 PM

i had 2 tmaxx 3.3 s and i hated them for fixing:angry3:

roger
03-20-2011, 09:52 PM
i got one of these. me and the 3 year old grankid get a real charge out of filling his grammas boots with lego blocks.
when that gets boring him and me go get in the real one and move snow

http://www.bobcatstore.com/images/view.image.do?groupId=26925&fileImageResolutionId=HIGH

i bought it for the little guy, oh sure!!!

sparky660
03-20-2011, 09:55 PM
i had 2 tmaxx 3.3 s and i hated them for fixing:angry3:
If you're not breaking parts your not driving it hard enough!!! My revo is damn near bullet proof but it also has a lot of after market parts that replace the weakness of the stock setup.

sparky660
03-20-2011, 09:56 PM
i got one of these. me and the 3 year old grankid get a real charge out of filling his grammas boots with lego blocks.

http://www.bobcatstore.com/images/view.image.do?groupId=26925&fileImageResolutionId=HIGH

Where did you get that roger? That thing looks cool.

Grouse Assassin
03-20-2011, 10:00 PM
I have a blade Cx3 i thought i would love flying it and i do but just have nowhere to really let her rip was considering selling or trading it for something it maybe has 10 flights on it paid $250 for it i dunno maybe if i joined an RC club it mught be more fun its an indoor heli but its pretty big when its whirling outa control at ya lol:sSc_hiding:

Slannesh
03-20-2011, 10:05 PM
I've had a few over the years... only one I have these days is my Savage X truck, unfortunately it's not in working order as I lent it to a 'friend' who decided to run it till it broke then didn't bother to fix it. One day i'll find the time to get it up and running again.

young gunz
03-20-2011, 10:10 PM

im shure that was only for the little one;)

Ruger1022
03-20-2011, 10:20 PM
I am a Traxxas Slash Guru aswell as RC Surfer!!
Good Times

Ken07AOVette
03-20-2011, 11:25 PM
I used to manage Hobby Lobby Edmonton on 118 ave, then moved to the one on 75/75 for a while when we shut down the 118 store. I have been in the hobby for 35+ years.
I am down to 1 new elec helicopter, fully 3d capable, a huge Kavan Jet ranger, 1083 kit that has never been completed, and a F15 Eagle jet that I need to sell. I would sell them all if I got a good offer.

badger
03-21-2011, 06:00 AM
I have been into RC gliders for 35 years. Some of my composite construction techniques have become standards in the hobby. Here is my webpage:

http://www.badger.rchomepage.com

podman
03-21-2011, 09:13 AM
I have been doing it for about 6 years now. I have a T-maxx, mini LST2, and my kid has a summit.;) I keep looking at helicopters but it is so windy down here in the south I am not sure when I would ever get to fly it haha.

DAVE
03-21-2011, 09:21 AM
Been in it for about 6 years have a Nextar plane Revo,T-Max and a E-max trucks.Really enjoy it.

roger
03-21-2011, 12:48 PM
Where did you get that roger? That thing looks cool.
any bobcat store will have them, about 115-130$. considerably cheaper than the 50,000 real one.
its slow and doesnt do much.

youtube 'bobcat rc' and check out what others are doing with it.

sirmike68
03-21-2011, 02:20 PM
I bought one of those little ones from radio shack for my boy on his birthday. I decide to try it out and managed to lose control and fly it in great grandma's hair. The result was a broken hip for her and a "no fly zone" implimented for me. OOPS

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
03-21-2011, 06:30 PM
I got one of them Nitro cars , pretty sweet thing and the thing is fast . But busted the rear diff and cant figure how to get it apart , think I lose a few ball bearings when that happened . But the whole front 3/4 is made from alluminum now . Its defenetly alot of fun . But expensive . I had always wanted one think ive had my fun with it almost tempted to sell it and buy a new scope or money go towards a new rifle .

Id like to get one of them boats could be lots of fun .

Ken07AOVette
03-21-2011, 06:48 PM
I got one of them Nitro cars , pretty sweet thing and the thing is fast . But busted the rear diff and cant figure how to get it apart , think I lose a few ball bearings when that happened . But the whole front 3/4 is made from alluminum now . Its defenetly alot of fun . But expensive . I had always wanted one think ive had my fun with it almost tempted to sell it and buy a new scope or money go towards a new rifle .

Id like to get one of them boats could be lots of fun .

Send it to me and I will fix it for you.

ducky_hunter
03-21-2011, 07:18 PM
i have 2 nito trucks that broke good thing i bought 2 of them used one as a parts truck. ken you want to look at my broken trucks

Ken07AOVette
03-21-2011, 07:33 PM
i have 2 nito trucks that broke good thing i bought 2 of them used one as a parts truck. ken you want to look at my broken trucks

Sure, send them over too.

I used to build/fix/mod hundreds of them.

young gunz
03-21-2011, 09:12 PM
I used to manage Hobby Lobby Edmonton on 118 ave, then moved to the one on 75/75 for a while when we shut down the 118 store. I have been in the hobby for 35+ years.
I am down to 1 new elec helicopter, fully 3d capable, a huge Kavan Jet ranger, 1083 kit that has never been completed, and a F15 Eagle jet that I need to sell. I would sell them all if I got a good offer.

i used to go to hobby lobby to get my trucks fixed:)

Ken07AOVette
03-21-2011, 09:38 PM
i used to go to hobby lobby to get my trucks fixed:)

that's cool!

I bet though, if you are the one in the picture, I was done working there before you were born.....:(

I worked there 1986-88