PDA

View Full Version : Help! I need to get a handle on my pathfinder

BitFox
03-20-2011, 10:00 PM
I have a truck part question to ask you guys, I'll admit I am coming to this post with a little bit of frustration, never have I been so ticked by Calgary's silly weather changes until now.

Long story short my '91 pathfinder's front AND Passenger door handles have been RIPPED Off due to the plastic breaking in the cold, I'm very disappointed in my little truck:sign0161:, I wanted to ask if any of you guys have had this problem and know if I need entirely new doors or can I just get new handles? I'll call pick your part tomorrow, but I'd figured I'd ask anywhere I could.

FishingMOM
03-20-2011, 10:05 PM
you can replace the handle brackets.
Can be finicky.
I know we did it on a couple of the work trucks.

GOOD LUCK

coreya3212
03-21-2011, 10:04 AM
bot sure where you are from, but I had a door hinge issue on a 98 cherokee. I went to Pick and Pull in calgary and ended up finding the whole door, proper paint color and even matching pin stripe. Pull ed the door off and 45 bucks later, bobs your uncle. You might get lucky, seems the older the vehicle the better your chance of dinding a couple donors in thos type places. Good luck.

bukwild
03-21-2011, 11:05 AM
I owned the same vehicle for six tears and loved it! I did however have one of the plastic hinges on the rear window break due to a rusting hinge pin expanding but I replaced both hinges from the wrecker for $5. That truck was a smooth riding beast and parts were cheap and readily available.