PDA

View Full Version : Little orange terror!

Geezle
03-21-2011, 07:43 AM
http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii181/GeezleHerps/S6304741.jpg

I hate to even think it, but I may have to get rid of the little furball I found last week.

For the most part he's a well behaved little kitten, but being a kitten he's full of energy and always wants to play, but my other two cats, which are are a few years older...not so much. Pretty much any time the little guy sees one of them he wants to play and attacks them, and my poor older cats are just being terrorized. There's growling and hissing going on quite often around here.

Now really I'd like to keep the little guy, but I'm starting to feel real bad for my other two cats, and so is the wife.

Does anybody have any ideas what I could do before it comes to giving him away or (hopefully not) taking him to the humane society? :(

Alberta Bigbore
03-21-2011, 07:58 AM
Kijiji !!!

I betcha some old farmers might need a good mouser for thier barn!!

horsetrader
03-21-2011, 08:10 AM
give it a little more time pecking order will take over one of the older cats will give the younger one a slap and put it in it's place...not unlike on here...lol....
good luck

FishingMOM
03-21-2011, 08:15 AM
Why not find it something to help occupy his time?
A special toy?

http://vitaminsea.typepad.com/vitaminsea/images/2008/01/05/cattoys_1978_33678400.jpg

Remember animals are like kids and can resent intruders in their domain. Give him a bit of time he will settle down.

Geezle
03-21-2011, 09:35 PM
Anybody want him? Wifey says he has to go :(

redranger15
03-21-2011, 09:41 PM
The other ones will get over it, trust me. We have had a few new ones come into the pack, at first they are pizzed but soon they will all be just fine. Relax.

Taco
03-21-2011, 09:44 PM
The peckin' order bein' estabished, takes time...

Kanonfodder
03-21-2011, 10:38 PM
Anybody want him? Wifey says he has to go :(

Seems to me the pecking order is established.........:fighting0030:

SonnyJ
03-21-2011, 10:45 PM
Seems to me the pecking order is established.........:fighting0030:

lol.....no chit...:)

lilsundance
03-21-2011, 11:09 PM
Nothing wrong with the humane society Here in Edmonton. It is now a non euthenasia facility. No animal is put down unless it is medicaly necessary. Take it in as a found stray and it won't cost you anything. They give it a complete check up, shots etc and find it a good home.

Geezle
03-22-2011, 08:07 AM
Thanks guys...I really want to keep him, but the cats hissing and growling and being generally stressed is really getting to the wife, and that in turn is getting to me.

I got a PM from one member who *might* take him this weekend...if that doesn't pan out, I guess he's going to the Humane Society. Thanks lilsundance for letting me know it's a non euthanasia facility...that makes me feel a little better :o

Jwood 456
03-22-2011, 08:16 AM
When my familly and I adopted kittens we had this grumpy male adult cat that kept on attacking the kittens when they wanted to play with him. We would punish the adult cat by giving him a lite twack on the nose. After about two months he didn't attack the kittens anymore.

Kramsky
03-22-2011, 09:18 AM
A couple of years back we had gotten a kitten and our old cat who was 10 at the time hid in the basement for a month from the kitten. But as time grew on they worked it out. Now she's gone and the kitten now 4 or 5 hides in the basement from the kids:)

Jwood 456
03-22-2011, 11:50 AM
When my familly and I adopted kittens we had this grumpy male adult cat that kept on attacking the kittens when they wanted to play with him. We would punish the adult cat by giving him a lite twack on the nose. After about two months he didn't attack the kittens anymore.

Too add to that, I think that orange kitten will evetually start taming down quite a bit as it gets older. After about 4 months of owning mine and my familly's kittens, I noticed the kittens tamed down quite a bit and the kittens would sometimes snuggle up to the adult cat without any issues.:)

FishBrain
03-22-2011, 12:03 PM
It took our old man a long time to get over the fact there was another cat in the house, there was hissing and growling and fighting, the kids were worried that the old man would hurt the kitten, turns out a few months later they are good friends. Keep the little guy, and before you know it you will have 3 happy cats

The Fisherman Guy
03-22-2011, 01:31 PM
30 Caliber cure Geezle! I need more bear bait! ;)

Jokes aside, Kijiji is your best bet. Throw up a post on FB as well, and he'll find a happy home.

Mrsjts1
03-22-2011, 02:53 PM
Has he found a new home yet? If you are absolutely stuck we would be able to take him.

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
03-22-2011, 04:44 PM
Has he found a new home yet? If you are absolutely stuck we would be able to take him.

Way to step up . id offer but *****wussy cat would become dog food .
now i can just picture Jeff sitting in his pontoon boat with barbie rod in one hand and his new found fishing buddy in the other .

jts1
03-22-2011, 06:03 PM
I will call him 48% as it looks like thats whats left of its tail. "IF" we get him. And I dont have the pink rod anymore Mr BBJ. I have passes that tittle on to Tony. I am back on the blue team once again.

ex811
03-22-2011, 07:42 PM
Did you try to find the owner at all?

Geezle
03-23-2011, 07:58 AM
Thanks everybody! Especially Mrsjts1/Jeff :)

I've been talking with chopperman through PM for the past day or so, and his family decided that they will take the little guy in. They're out on an acreage which will be good for the little guy, and they have a little girl who is almost 5 who I'm sure will love him :)

Mrsjts1
03-23-2011, 08:34 AM
Glad to hear you have found a home and a new family for him. If for some reason it does not work out please keep us in mind :)

chopperman
03-28-2011, 07:16 PM
Well "The Little Orange Terror" now newly dubbed "Tiger" is at his new home on a acreage north of Sexsmith. Last night he was curled up sleeping beside my 5 year old like he was meant to be there....it was his first night here. I think he will fit in just fine here.

Thanks Geezle for the gift.
Todd

jts1
03-28-2011, 07:58 PM
Good to hear...

Geezle
03-28-2011, 08:35 PM
Well "The Little Orange Terror" now newly dubbed "Tiger" is at his new home on a acreage north of Sexsmith. Last night he was curled up sleeping beside my 5 year old like he was meant to be there....it was his first night here. I think he will fit in just fine here.

Thanks Geezle for the gift.
Todd

Ha! I was calling him "little tiger" while he was here :)

Thanks for the update Todd...it really makes me happy to know that he's gone to a good home, and I'm especially glad that he's taken a liking to your daughter, and her to him...she did seem pretty happy when she got her surprise kitty :)

Honestly I got quite attached to the little guy and I was kind of choked up when I had to let him go, but it sounds like this situation is going to work out great for everybody :) Thanks again Todd :wave:

chopperman
03-28-2011, 08:49 PM
I will post some pictures when I get a chance.....thanks again he'll be well taken care of here.

Geezle
04-15-2011, 08:55 AM
I will post some pictures when I get a chance.....thanks again he'll be well taken care of here.

Wifey was curious if there's any pics and how the little guy is doing out there with ya :)