PDA

View Full Version : The Grande Scheme

Arn?Narn.
03-21-2011, 09:11 AM
After reading over a few threads this morning and searching for stuff, I have read quite a lot of posts... some good, some useless and some that were just petty...some of my own.

Nothing puts things in perspective any more than when someone good is taken before their time...

In the Grande scheme of things, life is too short to spend 3 hours a day on a computer arguing with people you barely know....

In the spirit of being avid outdoorsman who hold themselves to a higher account (at least a lot of us do as in gentlemanly conduct lol) lets all start today with a clean slate, or at least allow mine to be clean with anyone I have quarreled over foolishness with...

A cup of coffee,my wife safe in bed, two kids sat beside me (one eating cereal, the other a bottle),.... life is good.

Mike_W
03-21-2011, 09:15 AM
Life is good and sometimes it is taken for granted and not respected enjoy what you have well you have it because tomorrow it might be gone.

rottie
03-21-2011, 09:43 AM
Good post we all take ourselfs too seriously at times and forget the stuff that is real important. That would be living life to the fullest and enjoying every minute you can. I lost a sister at age 51 this time last year, nothing can replace the moments with her and her kids. Although not enough those memories are far more important than anything else I have

827rotax
03-21-2011, 10:45 AM
Very much could not agree more Arn. this year has been a battle for me as a few before that were also. I am looking a life so differently these last few weeks and I tell I have never felt more blessed than I do now. Life has given me so much and i took it all for granted. I had tears as I read trollers story, life is to short. Enjoy all life has to offer and forgive those who do not see it as that. Thanks to all here that had a hand in helping me see the blessing before me.

duffy4
03-21-2011, 12:31 PM
Good thread!

Most of what we "yak" about on here is not really very important. I don't know why we get all wound up over some of it.

Most often I try not to post something "in reply" right away but wait and think about what I want to say and try to make it useful and constructive.

However I often look back at what I posted and think, "wow I really shouldn't have said that".
:):):):):):):):):)

waylow
03-21-2011, 12:35 PM
Life is too short that's for sure. I've been contemplating lately a job change. I would really like to do what I want, rather than just for a paycheck. These 12 hour days with very little to no weekends off is getting tiresome. Seems like whenever there is something going on the wife and kids want to do, I'm working, so off they go without dad. Really sucks. Plus I really want to coach youth sports, and maybe do some officiating, can't do it with my schedule. But, the money is excellent what I'm doing, so...what does a guy do.
You said it, life is too short.

Jwood 456
03-21-2011, 08:09 PM
I agree that many people should be grateful about life. I know some peers that complain "my life is so boring" and "my life sucks". Then when I start feeling ungrateful, I just remind myself that I am able bodied, have a roof over my head, have easy access to lots of good food to eat, clean water and I have alot of luxuries that people in third world countrys wished they could have and don't have. After thinking about that, I am just grateful to have what I have as of now. BTW getting time in the outdoors is icing on the cake IMO.;)

Dacotensis
03-21-2011, 10:10 PM
Holy Cr@%%oly
You know Red Frog, This is a good thing.

I've adopted the Live and Let live approach.
Why not?
Sometimes life happens to us and things get put into perspective.
It could be a death, divorce, job loss/change.
Who here can imagine a RCMp commng to your door to bring you bad news?
Imagine that! imagine that RC who has to tell you the news.
Whatever the reason things make us change

Sometimes we turn into Charlie Sheens's and go bonkers, get 5 children before we know it, have a wife and and a gf:fighting0030:

I think maybe I'm beat down over a bunch of issues, take penned hunting for example. Didn't we have this fight allready? I'm tired!!

So..
Laugh, learn and live!
Give a hand up, not a hand out!
Take time for a coffee with friends or strangers!
And the last!
Go hunting every chance you have!
Ps. I sold those camper stake pocket tie downs you pm'd me about.
Don't send me any hate mail or I will bring in the mods!:sHa_sarcasticlol: