PDA

View Full Version : Ever have one of those days?

bruceba
03-21-2011, 01:20 PM
I woke up the other day to what I thought would be just another day in paradise. Backing out of the garage I'm thinking something just doesn't feel right as I'm backing into the snow/ slush on the driveway. I stop get out and find the passenger side rear tire flatter than water on a plate. Ok slowly pull the 8 feet back into the garage to get out of the elements and change the tire. Drop the tire off to be repaired and sure enough just a small cut in the sidewall that killed that repair. Not even 10 thou on the tire. Now work was
a pain with slow computor links to our parent company and every task seemed as if you had to double your efforts just to be semi productive. Ah the end of the day and just let me go home and veg for the rest of the day. I get home and my friend calls saying my # 1 horse is down and having a difficult time. Out to the horse and call a vet. The horse is up but in lots of stress. The vet does his thing gives the horse some pain killers and we play the waiting game for a couple hours until the pain killers start to wear off. Now the horse is really not doing good so it was time to call the vet back and put him down. Some days just seem to suck from sun up to sun down.
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a145/b6extreme/lightning4.jpg

Redfrog
03-21-2011, 01:24 PM
Sorry to hear about your horse Bruce. Dogs and horses tend to get close to a guy.

What was the problem? How old was the horse?

bruceba
03-21-2011, 01:39 PM
Yeah he humbled the tough guy in me. Lightning some how got twisted up inside and impacted beyond what treatment the vet could supply. Lightning was only 11 and him and I were just starting to jell after 3 years of riding. Sucks big time when you loose the go to guy. I've got a couple other's I could ride but they just don't do it for me. My pack horse is now at horsey boot camp for a month and I will put a few miles on her but I'm missing that click even before I give her a chance.

Redfrog
03-21-2011, 01:48 PM
Tough break. I hunted with a guy who had more than his share of bad luck with horses, including a problem like yours. It is indeed humbling.

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
03-21-2011, 02:13 PM
That was like 2 years ago November 29 2009 . I woke up to phone ringing at 3 in the am , found out my grandpa had passed away , then wake up at 600 to go start the truck and FLAT TIRE , big 6 inch slash someone cut my tire over night . Ugh what a crappy day that was . :cry::cry::cry: .

Sorry to hear about your Horse there Bruce .

TreeGuy
03-21-2011, 05:21 PM
That does suck, Bruce. Real sorry to hear about Lightning. I always enjoyed all the pics from the adventures you guys shared.

MountainTi
03-21-2011, 05:25 PM
That is a tough one losing your number one mount. Twisted gut is a hard thing to watch a horse suffer through.

Albertadiver
03-21-2011, 05:30 PM
Sorry to hear this, never a good time to lose a companion.

Ken07AOVette
03-21-2011, 05:44 PM
Sorry about your buddy Bruce. For many people a pet is like family, and a working horse that you have that long is like your best buddy I would guess.

:(

theycallmeNoah
03-21-2011, 05:52 PM
Sorry for your loss. He sure was beautiful.