PDA

View Full Version : Stupid Stunts

FishingMOM
03-22-2011, 09:02 AM
By Todays standards we should all be dead for things we did as kids.

What are some of the dumbest things you did as a kid.

Iceburg hopped on the great lakes.
Swam across the detroit river.

reelhooker
03-22-2011, 09:10 AM
hitting .22 shells with a hammer,
Throwing poisonous sea snakes at each other in Fiji
Shopping cart riding on Hospital hill.(brother's idea) me in the cart.
Skateboard luge(sp) on 14th st between John Laurier and Northmount drive.
Skiing-was a better Jumper than lander- numerous visits and a frequent fracture plan at Mineral springs hossy,
more will come back to me.

rottie
03-22-2011, 09:18 AM
trying to stay on the hood of a buddies car while he roared down the beach,swerving to try and dump you. We timed it to see who could stay on the longes.

Kinda like beach rodeo, same bud cutting the roof ,windsheild off his car then ripping down the highway at warp speed

Fun but dumb

plinker
03-22-2011, 09:23 AM
Ice burg hopped St. Lawrence Seaway

Drove our 10 speeds off a high diving board (Dear God that hurt, face first when you hit):scared0015:

Bumper hitched on city buses

Lawn dart chicken. Thats when you throw a huge lawn dart into the air at each other and if you move, your the chicken.

Tie a skateboard to a bike and each of you try to hang on. Seperation of the family jewels and bleeding knees always seemed to be the end result of that game.

Joust with 2x4's while riding your 10 speeds. That one ended in stiches for both of us.

Horsepoop fights every spring at Mount Royal Park. Rules of engagement are no fresh stuff. That only lasts till one guy gets his clocked cleaned by a hard chunk, then it's anything you can hold. Then go home on the subway smelling like cowboys. :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Drop 2 inch firecrackers into empty railway car tankers because the boom is neat, and realize years later when you are working for Shell Canada that tankers hold things like gasoline, Aviation fuel and the likes.:scared0018:

Put all your hockey gear on and have a buddy pull you on a rope at 40 mph on frozen Chestermere Lake.:snapoutofit:

This is why my moniker says "Seemed like a good idea at the time":sHa_shakeshout:

huntinstuff
03-22-2011, 09:31 AM
This

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zl_TvSH4Xo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

sprinklerdog
03-22-2011, 09:32 AM
Rock fights in summer (like snowballs in winter)
Haunted house tour where you put your (victims) finger into light socket with no bulb but has power.
Riding inside tractor tire down steep hill on edge of town. That part of the highway way long and straight. There was a park that was being built at the top of the hill and we would ride the tires down the hill at night and next day they were all magically back at the top until one day they were set in concrete as climbers.
Sliding down the road sand/salt stockpiles pyramids that were covered with plastic tarps. Better after rainy days because it was faster!
Bicycle stunts, jumping from tree to tree while 30 plus feet off the ground, train bridge jumping into river, riding over 3 tier river dam, swinging from tree rope in back yard over concrete pad.......it keeps going.

Good thing my girls don't read this stuff!!

Geo

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
03-22-2011, 09:54 AM
Cast Iron frying pan wars - use to hit each other with cast iron frying pans not allowed to hit in the face but I always cheated .
Light the wheel barrow on fire with a gallon of gas - Learnt that filling a wheel barrow full of gas lighting it on fire was very dangerious and the water hose doesnt put it out .
Turn sisters tree house into football practice hitting dummy - Got many scars from this adventure
Gt snowracer towbehind - use to sit on gt snow racer being pulled behind snowmobile or car on range roads south of town .
Tire intertube pull over -We would have a tire intertube I assume from a tractor or something put 5 or 6 guys on it and pull it behind a tractor then down across the creek.Thought I broke my neck several times but only knocked the wind outta myself .
Thunderstorm baseball - use to put a hard hat on and in thunder storm play baseball with the soft ball sized hail . That was just a few years ago
Firecracker hot potato . Toss the fire cracker around until it hopefully didnt blow up in your hand .

Many many many more .

albertadeer
03-22-2011, 12:22 PM
Throwing acetylene balloons in random peoples campfires camping.....

Sooner
03-22-2011, 12:58 PM
Lawn Darts...ha ha, stuck a flat knife in a toaster when I was 14, was trying to heat it up so it would go through hard butter. Touched the red element and went to my knees pretty fast. Got back up and instantly said to self, dont ever do that again idiot. Before microwaves.

Big Red 250
03-22-2011, 01:10 PM
I'm pretty sure I invented the first frizzbee back when we would throw frozen cow pies to see who could get it to go the furthest and that always turned into a fight.
Rock fights, BB gun fights, shooting at rocks with a .22.
Clamping a .22 shell in vise, then hitting base with a hammer.
Bumper shinning.

Albertadiver
03-22-2011, 01:17 PM
Shopping cart riding on Hospital hill.(brother's idea) me in the cart.

We did the same, between 16th ave and the bottom of the hill by SAIT. Took turns. This was on 'Dave's' nights when we would walk to Dave's liquor store from SAIT.

We also jumped off the 16th ave overpass into the trees along 14th street.

Rock fights in summer (like snowballs in winter)

Done it, and survey stick fights too. I only learned later how important those stakes were. If the surveyors would have caught us, we'd have been dead!

Gt snowracer towbehind - use to sit on gt snow racer being pulled behind snowmobile or car on range roads south of town .

Tire intertube pull over -We would have a tire intertube I assume from a tractor or something put 5 or 6 guys on it and pull it behind a tractor then down across the creek.Thought I broke my neck several times but only knocked the wind outta myself .

Did both of those as well. Scariest was being pulled behind a dirtbike on Pine Lake on a year with no snow. Bike had studded tires, and they would get real scarey if the guy on the bike slowed down.

We used to boot ski on the snow packed streets on 17th Ave by sait. Hold onto a truck bumper and see how fast they can go. If you let go you're toast. If you hit a dry patch of pavement you're toast.

We also used to play with electric fencers and potato cannons on the farm.

Gasoline and gopher holes was a fun past-time.

We used to make our very own luge track in the ravine next to a buddy's house. Slope the sides and build a ramp at the bottom to jump the creek. We'd have 6 garden hoses stretched across the road and park to ice it down like a zamboni.

My cousins used to dress me up in full hockey goalie gear with a full face mask skidoo helmet and shoot me with BB guns as I ran between cars on the farm. I thought it was cool because I got to play with my older cousins.

chewydog
03-22-2011, 02:15 PM
Knife games during a fly in fishing trip!

After drinking alot we were cleaning fish and one of the guy's took the knife, layed his hand flat and started poking the knife between his fingers!! He went faster and faster till he jammed it through the meaty part between his thumb and finger!!

The fun stopped, when we had to sew him up. I'm not got at sewing but I did and ok job!!! Hurt like hell after he sobered up!!!

TheLegend
03-22-2011, 02:50 PM
Type in on youtube "stupid stunts" I get a kick out of watching them.

jts1
03-22-2011, 03:01 PM
:sHa_sarcasticlol:

Cast Iron frying pan wars - use to hit each other with cast iron frying pans not allowed to hit in the face but I always cheated .

Quote of the year.... Bravo...

Dacotensis
03-22-2011, 03:30 PM
Rode on the bottom of a shopping cart. I grabbed hold of one of those ribbon ties that are used to bundle news papers. It got stuck under the castor of the cart, I never let go. Ended up donating my finger nail to the asphalt that day. 28 yrs ago and I still have a scar.

We used to go out near where the clover bar dump is now. We would pull each other around on a pallet behind the truck on Gravel roads. The goggles never lasted long.

Hand stands on the handle bars of the quad.Ended up going over when the front tire caught a tree.

When we were kids the grandparents had a 6' diameter culvert on the property. All us kids would get inside, get it rolling around the 1/4 section. We came close to rolling down the hill into the mountain water fed dug out,(Near Edson)
I ended up getting one of my fingers caught in the seam and almost went all the way around.

And Finally!
When I was 2, I tried to climb in the back of a station wagon-the old school one's with the truck style fold down tailgate.
The car rolled backwards , pinned me btwn the tailgate and a power pole.
Yes, the unthinkable happened and I lost both my legs above the knees.
But I'm still here!
So.... there's something alot of you never would have guessed after all these years together.

Yes, I've lived a life of trial and erorr.

Ok, just thinking of it all; I'm off to the Chiropractor.

artie
03-22-2011, 04:04 PM
There was an abandoned coal mine near our town. They had a huge wooden tank that they had used to store water in. My young buddy and I tied a rope on the top of the tank and slid down into the tank. We thought we would be able to climb back up the rope. But at ten years old you are not that strong. Try as we might we could not climb back up that rope. We knew no one would ever find us in that tank. Finally my buddy stood on my head to gain all the height he could and was then able to climb the rest of the way to the top of the tank. He then found an old ladder that he threw down to me. It only went half way up the tank so I still had a hard time to get out. After that we were more careful about what we did. Luckily they tore down all the old buildiings so other young guys could not get into trouble.

pikergolf
03-22-2011, 05:12 PM
When we were visiting friends on their small farm once we came up with this great idea to scare the crap out of they're 3 dairy cows. The cows where grazing along the side of an irrigation ditch, which greatly enhanced our ability to get close without being seen. We climbed into the ditch and floated down to the precise place the cows were, and then scaled the small bank to peak out, perfect about 20 feet away. We let out our best war howls and charged the cattle, they made a beeline for the fence and crashed through and into the neighbors waist high wheat field. After calling a hasty meeting we decided that the best course of action was to gently herd them back into the pasture and repair the fence. They of course wanted nothing to do with us and it turned into wind sprints chasing cows. We didn't notice the field being trampled down till the neighbor showed up, I don't remember ever seeing a man as worked up as he was, I remember the spittle flying as he spoke. As for punishment, you know, I don't even remember. But I dreamt about that farmer for years.

Tony_S
03-22-2011, 05:49 PM
Many, MANY stupid things....funny someone mentioned lawn dart chicken...was about 8 years old and a buddy and me were playing....Till he nailed his foot to the deck...we both got our arses kicked pretty good for that one.

Stupidest thing we ever did??? Make various types of....uhhhm....bombs, and blew gophers up. I used to steal shotgun and rifle shells from my Dad and my buddy would go to the co-op hardware store and steal 1/4" and 3/8" brass pipe fittings and we'd make mini pipe bombs. Some of em were pretty crazy LOL! Lucky we didn't kill ourselves. Gophers never knew what hit em....

Match heads, ping pong balls and about 4 rolls of electrical tape was a pretty nasty recipe as well....nothing like the pipe bombs though.:scared0015:

When I was about 7....I found a case of warm Pilsner my Dad had left in the garage....pounded back about 4 of em. Went in the house 5 minutes later and puked all over the kitchen floor...in front of my dad. Add another arse kickin to the list.

Jwood 456
03-22-2011, 06:18 PM
Well, I have a few juicy ones to explain.

I remember when I was 15 I was driving this 250cc black dune buggy and I decided to jump this drive way at full throttle. The next thing you know, the buggy is 6ft straight up in the air and the front end smashes the ground when it lands. The guys that were there with me and I myself thought I was going to flip upside down from the front. I remeber one of the guys shouting "that was ****** insane!"

When I was 16 I was drilling through the side of a plastic container with a large hunting knife with my hand right on the other side. PS I think you already know whats going to happen. The knife stabs through one side of the container then right through the other side into my hand.:sign0068: For a moment there I thought I was dead. I wound up with 4 stiches in my hand.:sign0176:

Also when I was 16, I was driving this 800cc ATV at full throttle down an ATV trail.:sHa_shakeshout: Even though I knew the trail well, I had to back off of the throttle at 100km/h.:scared0015: That was total stupid insanity driving like that in one of those vehicles especially when it was not on pavement.:o

gatorhunter
03-22-2011, 06:51 PM
Joust with 2x4's while riding your 10 speeds. That one ended in stiches for both of us.

Not even in my most drunken, mid-teen, bullet proof moments would I have thought about jousting with 2 x 4s while riding bikes!

The epitome of thinking outside the box!

Pure GENIUS! You SIR are ROYALTY! :cheers:

Grizzly Adams
03-22-2011, 08:07 PM
Later in my adolescence, experimented with making most high explosives known to Man, in my basement lab. :lol: One in particular, involved dissolving some of my mother's silverware in nitric acid, to extract the silver. Silver Fulminate. Google that.:lol:

Grizz

bowhunter1
03-22-2011, 08:19 PM
:thinking-006:
packin 7mm bullets then shootin them with a pellet gun from two feet away. Now that I think about it i'm lucky i'm alive.....I got hit once

New Hunter Okotoks
03-22-2011, 08:56 PM
Showing off impressive lean angles in tight "S" turn for the buddies at the gas station while riding 900 Ninja.

Hanging onto hood of truck at night while everyone including the driver were drunk.

White water rafting with a square stern canoe.

Playing "Haymaker" with the tough guy on the high school hockey team.( Haymaker was what we called hitting a guy as hard as you could with a hockey glove on while he still wears his helmet. Reciprocate and repeat until someone gives up.)

drifter
03-22-2011, 09:01 PM
:thinking-006:
packin 7mm bullets then shootin them with a pellet gun from two feet away. Now that I think about it i'm lucky i'm alive.....I got hit once

Did the same thing but with shotgun shells.
And I just bet we aren't the only ones that did it.

albertadeer
03-22-2011, 09:31 PM
Did the same thing but with shotgun shells.
And I just bet we aren't the only ones that did it.

hahaha, ever tape a BB to a shotshell primer and throw it in the air??? we used to empty the shot out and throw them at grain bins....

Alberta Bigbore
03-22-2011, 09:53 PM
There is too many to list... im suprised Im alive lol.

Used to fish off the train bridge and when a train came by we would stand in the little pullout that had barrels in them.

Used to climb under that very bridge and shoot pigeons from underneath it, i cringe thinking about how many times me and my friends almost fell.

While visiting family.. me and a cousin climbed into an abandoned Cement truck mixer... and couldnt get out. I got such a beating once the families found us 15 hours later, lol

A friend and I grabbed his dads old vintage target bows, stood about 80 yards apart id say.. and would try and see how close we could stick and arrow in the ground at each other... bows were so old...you could really see the rainbow.

Rode a snowboard off the house

.....list could go on.

alacringa
03-22-2011, 10:17 PM
Not even in my most drunken, mid-teen, bullet proof moments would I have thought about jousting with 2 x 4s while riding bikes!

The epitome of thinking outside the box!

Pure GENIUS! You SIR are ROYALTY! :cheers:

Yeah...we used broomsticks...2x4s would have been better. As long as I had the 2x4, and not my brother.

At about 8 or 9, we were racing our bikes around the neighbourhood, and I tried to pass a friend. Didn't notice the lamp post. Over handlebars, head first (had never heard of a bike helmet). 4 stitches on the inside of my mouth.

Burned my hand, and almost the backyard, when a leaf that I was burning with a magnifying glass suddenly burst into flames.

At 12, I jumped off a very high snow hill in our subdivision, and landed on my chest. Winded me for a while & fractured a rib.

Fell through ice, and into very cold water, up to my armpits, a couple of times, in the spring, going places I shouldn't have.

etc....

Cowtown guy
03-22-2011, 10:47 PM
This

Jeebus Randy where did you find that? I dam near fainted just watching it. My stomach was literally churning.:scared:

TreeGuy
03-22-2011, 11:31 PM
^^^^ X2!

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=Vo0Cazxj_yc&vq=medium#t=34

I simply cannot type 'em all out right now, but shall share one.....

Remember 'snapping the towel' in the locker room?

Well, sometimes during the slower periods on the stream, we'd snip the leaders off of our flyfishing rigs and try and whip each other with 'em.

Good Lord!! :sign0068:

I nailed my bud one time so hard with 50' of line out that it cut both him and his jeans. Sortta ended that game. :sEm_oops2:

slough shark
03-22-2011, 11:58 PM
So many stunts so many potential ways of hurting each other, luckily enough my friends and my self surprisingly are relatively unharmed. A few of the more memorable ones and fun...
Cowboys and indians with our homemade bows and bb guns (the bows were half decent for homemade)
homemade makeshift pipe bombs with inadequate short fuses lucky we never lost any fingers or set ourselves on fire
roman candle/bottle rocket wars

SonnyJ
03-23-2011, 01:28 AM
What are some of the dumbest things you did as a kid.

Got married...lol

Jwood 456
03-23-2011, 09:36 AM
I should mention the good one I did when I was 12.

I was building this fort out of an old 5ft high wooden canoe rack. When it came to me building a roof I put logs on top to temporarilly keep the rubber roof in place. One day, I decided to nail down the roof and as I was doing that, I was standing on one of the logs. One moment I felt the log starting to roll under me, then the other moment I was falling flat on to my back with this 8lb log hitting right square on the chest.:1041: For about a minute I couln't speak. When I think back about it today, I still LMAO.

BlackHeart
03-23-2011, 11:30 AM
Building a 20ft high tree house floor out of old 1x4 boards.....one momment the three of us are pounding away, the next momment we are on the ground stunned, dazed with our the wind knocked out of us and our butts and backs hurting....we all slowly limped away from that project.

Bike racing down a very steep hill throught the trees....hard on the knuckles and the fence at the bottom catches you just like those nets on the aircraft carriers.

Jumping the dugout with dirtbikes.

Homemade darts from bike spokes,etc....you can throw them like a baseball a hundred yards...and you need a vise grips to pull them out....

The mother of all slingshots....wired to a post...required two guys to pull each other and it back....could fire a baseball size rock across the yard towards the other buildings and equipment.......

Gasoline fire trails.....

To name a few.

Redfrog
03-23-2011, 11:57 AM
Beat me to it Sonny J:)

yukon300RUM
03-23-2011, 01:02 PM
GOlfing with shotgun shells
swimming across glacial lakes leading to near hypothermia
Motocross- says all it needs to
jumping snowmobiles in excess of 150-200 feet ten miles from the road, 100 miles from the hospital
pellet gun tag
beer darts
highway racing
salmon fishing with big, big bears
just a few....

coorslight
03-23-2011, 01:26 PM
hit a flat bed trailer at 110 on my dirt bike

beer bottle full of gas and a lite rag whip it a rocks

whip each other with copper wire til one person gave up lots of bleeding invloved

Gunslinger257
03-23-2011, 04:01 PM
When I was about 12 a friend and I took 5 gallons of gas to the top of a hill on a local highway that was dished out from the heavy trucks. We poured the gas in the rut so it ran down the hill for about 1/2 a mile or so then when the headlights came the flames would race the car down the hill!:scared0018:

Cal
03-23-2011, 05:51 PM
I had a 30 lb recurve bow, when I was six I was shooting at a target I had made from a box. The wind kept blowing the box over so I suggested that my younger brother hold it up. Then I accidently shot him square in the crotch, a six year old can only draw a bow back so far and he was wearing jeans so there was no penetration, thank goodness he was not wearing sweatpants.

Another stupid thing we would do when there was a group of us was shoot arrows straight into the air, sort of a russian roulet game. It was all fun and games as long as you could see the arrow but the pure fear and suspense that we felt while we waited with our hearts in our throats for an arrow we had lost sight of to land...

slab
03-23-2011, 06:25 PM
My brother and i had lots of fun we chased after each other with knifes , lit those tiny bbq and put bit over our heads and marched around well did a lot of things with fire lets leave it there just amazed we never burnt down anything, when i was 5 all the kids in complexed and i would play a game to see who could keep there hand with a glove on in burn hot tar the longest, we would tie sheets to our bed and climb out the window 4 storys up was awsome till sheets rip. We also folded our selves in to hid a beds and lots more i swear we were in the hospital atleast once a week, they knew us by name

bowhunter9841
03-23-2011, 06:40 PM
I once went down a mountain road on roller blades, no brake on my blades, woke up in the hospital with a pretty good concussion!
And a couple years back, I was doing some work on a condo complex, and rather than, move the ladder to the second house to go check out the roof, I just jumped from roof to roof! Only about 8 feet apart, but it was still pretty crazy!

murphy
03-23-2011, 07:49 PM
This

holy sheeeiiiiittt. I honestly felt the fear that he should have felt!

Vanden
03-23-2011, 08:16 PM
Parasailing behind a vehicle? Bought just the chute from gi joes. Bought 200' of just 1/4" rope. Ran it from every eyelit on the chute to a caribeaner. Hooked the caribeaner to another rope, then ran another 150' rope to the the hitch of my truck. The worst part about it all was the landing. Trucks dont stop right away, and you got dragged the 10-15ft on the ground once you land, and in a stubble field, its brutalllll.
http://i55.tinypic.com/ic8g9f.jpg

6" Tractor tire and 300' steeep hill with partner on the other side inside. The first 2 revolutions were good, after that, it got wayyyyy to fast, and started bouncing. Which eventually led to one big bounce with us two getting pile driven into the ground and getting minor concussions.

FishingMOM
03-24-2011, 03:41 PM
And Finally!
When I was 2, I tried to climb in the back of a station wagon-the old school one's with the truck style fold down tailgate.
The car rolled backwards , pinned me btwn the tailgate and a power pole.
Yes, the unthinkable happened and I lost both my legs above the knees.
But I'm still here!
So.... there's something alot of you never would have guessed after all these years together.

Yes, I've lived a life of trial and erorr.

Ok, just thinking of it all; I'm off to the Chiropractor.

I think this one takes the cake.

plinker
03-24-2011, 04:46 PM
A couple more I thought of.

Entertainment for a whole day or until you got kicked out. Put 10 cents in dryer at the laundromat and spin around till you were ready to barf. Then the next guy goes in.

The old style pop cans were made heavy duty (1970's) You cut the ends off and duck taped the cans together usually about 4 cans, cut a small hole close to the end (which you kept sealed) and poured some gasoline into it. Then you put a tennis ball into the homemade bazooka you now had and dropped a match into the small hole. Flaming tennis ball. LMAO

Jumped off a car bridge in Montreal that took 9 seconds to hit the water. That hurt, so every year we would try to invent a better way and would get trashed every time.

I hate to say this but after reading this thread I'm thinking there are a lot of us on this board that were trying out for the Darwin Awards.:grouphugg::1041::47b20s0:

tommyguitar
03-24-2011, 05:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuL6244NSeM
Don't know how to imbed. This is something me and my friends did, not long ago it seems.

Browning
03-24-2011, 06:24 PM
Travelled with a friend to Africa to film him shooting a man killing elephant with a bow.... and made it back home!!!!

sparky660
03-24-2011, 08:14 PM
Starting a fire, throw in an either, paint or cleaner can and shoot it with a .22.

If any of you are familiar with antique threshing machines you will know that the straw pile would be quite high. One summer a friend of mine and myself thought that is would be a good idea to smoke on top of this straw pile in the middle of summer. Needless to say the straw pile didn't survive the night. You could see the flames from a couple of miles away.

I game where one guy rode his 80 cc honda motorbike and we would try and throw hockey sticks in his front or rear spokes to stop him. It was all fun and games until we actually got a successful spear through the front spokes. The guy flipped the bike end for end and broke his arm.:(

tommyguitar
03-24-2011, 08:17 PM
I game where one guy rode his 80 cc honda motorbike and we would try and throw hockey sticks in his front or rear spokes to stop him. It was all fun and games until we actually got a successful spear through the front spokes. The guy flipped the bike end for end and broke his arm.:(

Haha!

lone wolf
03-24-2011, 08:36 PM
Buddies & I wondered what would happen if you dropped a match into the gas tank of a vehicle. Three fire trucks, two cop cars & a change of underwear later ...... we had the answer !!! I can still remember standing behind mom & dads house watching the smoke plume rise into the air, and realizing that I was destined to be grounded for a long, long time.

Jamie Black R/T
03-25-2011, 10:54 AM
Cast Iron frying pan wars - use to hit each other with cast iron frying pans not allowed to hit in the face but I always cheated

This seriously made me LMAO :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Ive rode my new 10 speed down a steep hill at the end of our alley that i KNEW led directly, and blindly i might add, into traffic at about 50km/hr.....not proud to say i did that more than once. Usually when a girl was watching.

Get bored playing street hockey so my buddy would lob golfball sized rocks in the air and id pick em outta the air with my old easton in a happy gilmore style swing hoping to never find out where they landed. Again not proud LOL

More times than i can count shot at things around the farm that could bounce a pellet back at you faster than you could react. Always would just shrug and laugh saying "that was close!" Ralphie did alright...figured id survive haha

Trying to keep with a buddies dirt bike on an old beat up yamaha atv and forget to take it outta 4x4.....those things dont like to corner at 45km/hr in 4x4....up on two wheels, steer it back onto two wheels and the resulting suspension slam sends all 100lbs of me off into the trees and the quad roaring down the trail unmanned for about a 100 yards. First time wearing my new helmet and there is still lumber embedded in it. I keep it around to show the kids what CAN happen. helmet saved my skin no doubt. Still ended up with a concussion. Skinned my chin on some bark and still have a nasty scar i keep a beard to cover. Broke my hand and bit both sides of my tongue off (about 1/8" each side).

I could go on all day but those are some of the most memorable ones for me.

Redfrog
03-25-2011, 11:22 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaxvDp0PUYw

hockeydad
03-25-2011, 01:29 PM
Some friends were moving across town with a car, they put the bed on the roof of the car and did'nt have any rope, so buddy lies on top the the bed thats on top the roof of the car and hangs on to each window frame and off they go. It was fine at slow speed but once they got on to the highway and up to the speed limit, the bed wanted to fly off and buddy had a very hard time hanging on. I sure laughed when they told me that one.

dodger
03-25-2011, 07:43 PM
I had a 30 lb recurve bow, when I was six I was shooting at a target I had made from a box. The wind kept blowing the box over so I suggested that my younger brother hold it up. Then I accidently shot him square in the crotch, a six year old can only draw a bow back so far and he was wearing jeans so there was no penetration, thank goodness he was not wearing sweatpants.

Another stupid thing we would do when there was a group of us was shoot arrows straight into the air, sort of a russian roulet game. It was all fun and games as long as you could see the arrow but the pure fear and suspense that we felt while we waited with our hearts in our throats for an arrow we had lost sight of to land...

Funny as he#$, my buddy and I played russian roulet with our Bows !! Same thing, fire it in the air and whoever let the arrow land the closest would win. :sign0161:

Dodger.

Kodiak
03-25-2011, 08:14 PM
We all were nuts I see......

Pellet gun fights

Tractor tubes in stubble fields - behind skidoos and 4 x 4's - 5 guys fighting to throw someone in the hole (ever get stubble rash - hurts like hell )

Doubling and wheelying down Big Lake Road on a YZ 250 for 8 miles meeting traffic

Doubling and wheelying down a cutline on a YZ 250 while the passenger has two armfulls of tent pegs under his arms ( just got reminded of this after 30 years )

Fire extinguisher fight in Dad's garage, still hearing about that one

Pulling a 5wheel ( plastic ) with a 50 ft rope behind dirt bike ( all was ok until the puller cut a short corner at 40 MPH around trees, I was the frikkin rider )

Tying up the block heater cord after school to the emblem on the hood of an old dodge rambler at 70 MPH on HWY 37...out of the passenger seat from the window.

And it could go on, but I'm getting twitchey........:scared:

So Nova *!%
03-25-2011, 10:42 PM
standing on the top stair of my saddle tank to take a leak, at 110 K/h with 5 sets of duelies behind that could run over me, my swamper loved it.
climbed out the passenger window on the 1 ton flatbed onto the deck going on the moyie pass ( cause I hadda take aleak) at 90 K/h
( Some will know !!) tank to tank transfer of propane with a lit cigarette some frostbite never a fire!

sparky660
03-25-2011, 10:49 PM
My Grandfather had one of those Aluminum hoppers for the bottom of the grain auger. You want to go crazy fast down a river hill this is your ride. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation saucer had nothing on our hopper. All fun and games until someone darn near lost an eye and busted his glasses. After that Grandpa was no longer in charge of the toboggan parties.

mikestuart
03-25-2011, 10:49 PM
throwing lawn darts straight up in the air and then laying down. last guy to move won.

So Nova *!%
03-26-2011, 11:04 PM
throwing lawn darts straight up in the air and then laying down. last guy to move won.

:sign0068: :kap: definitely the way into the Darwins

Albertadiver
03-26-2011, 11:37 PM
I once bench pressed a garden gnome filled with mojito juices.

TreeGuy
03-26-2011, 11:55 PM
Ex ski bum here.....

We'd do full tuck 'Chinese Downhills' 20 strong on an unlit black diamond. The sparks cast from rocks meeting edges lit the way. Still undefeated....... ;)

81critter
03-27-2011, 12:12 AM
I was riding my street bike when i lost control on some grit. I hit a power pole. Broke my back in 5 places, a few ribs, road rash. spent the winter in the hospital doing rehab and getting better. My foots paralysed now. Im sooo lucky tho coulda lost my life.

jensen
03-27-2011, 01:50 AM
when I was 9 or so me and a couple friends were out wandering in the forest in early spring. we came across a small "cave" and decided to investigate so climbed down this 2 foot diameter hole until I was about 4feet deep or so, when some thing opened its eyes. I was so close I could feel its breath on my face. a little spooked I climbed out and told my friend about the the dog I saw in the cave. we tried calling it out for a minute or so and when that didn't work we decided that we would try and stir it out by poking it with sticks after a while we gave up on that to. we were standing there trying to figure out what to do now when that big old black bear come crawling out of his den stood up on two feet and let out a Howell we were so scared all we could do is stand there screaming witch lucky spooked him off. needles to say we weren't aloud to ply in the forest any more.

FishingMOM
08-24-2011, 09:21 AM
Bringing it back for Omega.

omega50
08-24-2011, 09:36 AM
Thanks FM
Lived next to the railway tracks in Whip-an-egg in the late 60's.
Took a percussion track bomb I found/stole from the marshalling yard to a school dance and put it under
a chair leg on a dare and waited for the fat girl to sit on the chair.

For this I am deeply sorry. Thankfully a teacher found it before anyone sat on it and the dance was evacuated and the police where called.

I was 10 years old and never caught.

Years later I realize that someone could have lost a limb or worse.

TBark
08-24-2011, 11:11 AM
Those red rolls of caps for cap guns, they came in tubes and you could break off 3 rolls I think. We'd stand one of those rolls up on edge, and just smack it with a hammer, man it would blow that hammer right back over your head, the trick was to hang on to it. Most of the time the hammer would shoot out of your hand and sky-bound.

TBark

TheKi
08-24-2011, 01:44 PM
set my leg of fire, straddled a bull bear back crashed a quad fell out a tree crashed my bike going 40mph down center street because(all this year).

Redfrog
08-24-2011, 03:42 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v50/Redfrog/kidwithskateboard.jpg

winger7mm
08-24-2011, 08:20 PM
Geez I thought that attaching a bunch of bungee cords together with one wrapped around the waste and jumping out of a tree to "bungee" jump was dumb but after reading a few of these, its no wonder kids these days are babied

Lefty-Canuck
08-24-2011, 08:24 PM
Those red rolls of caps for cap guns, they came in tubes and you could break off 3 rolls I think. We'd stand one of those rolls up on edge, and just smack it with a hammer, man it would blow that hammer right back over your head, the trick was to hang on to it. Most of the time the hammer would shoot out of your hand and sky-bound.

TBark

Haha...too funny.... my brother did that in the back yard on a cement block and the hammer came back and the claws smoked him in the forehead....

LC

32-40win
08-25-2011, 12:35 AM
Went down a hill in New Westminster and the brakes on my bicycle wouldn't stop me, one of the front caliper rubbers had fallen out. Went across 2 major road intersections without getting splattered.
Went down a hill in Burnaby and t-boned a little gray Epic on my bicycle, landed on the guy's hood.
Went down Fraser St. in Vcr and a fella stepped out from in front of a parked van, That one hurt both of us, him worse. Had to give his hat a pull to start him up again.
Got chased by angry drivers every summer when the crabapples came out in the orchard along Marine Dr.. Sawdust haulers and Motorways vans were favorite targets.

jim 1367
08-26-2011, 12:53 PM
This is a Canadian site, Right? Cause you all sound like a bunch of good old boys from down south. You know the ones where their famous last words were "Hey Ya'll, pass me another beer and then Ya'll watch this" I thought getting towed behind a snowmobile at 50mph on ice skates would rank up there but now I see I have lead a very boring life.

FishingMOM
08-26-2011, 01:09 PM
This is a Canadian site, Right? Cause you all sound like a bunch of good old boys from down south. You know the ones where their famous last words were "Hey Ya'll, pass me another beer and then Ya'll watch this" I thought getting towed behind a snowmobile at 50mph on ice skates would rank up there but now I see I have lead a very boring life.

Yes this is Canadian.
We have more wide open spaces to explore and get into trouble in.

Arn?Narn.
08-26-2011, 01:18 PM
I recall heading out on the north atalntic in a dingy with plastic paddles...
the wind came up and with 2 minutes I had carcked off both paddles and the air in the dingy was compressing...

Scaling cliffs with rocks coming out from above and noting but ocean and rocks below (my sister actually fell fromone and had be rescued with ropes, and stretcher and gear,...she lost her sense of smell and spent along time in the hospital)

I once tried to swim from a government wharf to a beach accross the cove.... got cramps half way...

Shot a sea duck once and was on my belly on a big slanted rock trying to reach him with my finger tips...swooooop...right into the ocean, mid february and in the dark...

Stupidest thing was once watching a buddy try and prove himself by chugging a flask of london dock...

it was funny for about 15 minutes...

Then he fell, split his head, had a little seizure and we all freaked the fak out!!!!!!

Did som crazy stuff when I lived in Jasper... one invloved a weapons drawn approach from multiple officers...

I remeber one time, we were at a college bar when a hockey team when arrived,...they were half drunk and pretty rowdy... one bumbed into me and put his cigarette through my new shirt... I told him to appologize,..and then he fell a step to the side and stepped on my grilfriends leg,...I asked to appologize to both of us...

he said I will be right back, and he returned with what must have been 12 guys and 3 or 4 were pretty good sized.

The big fellow said, "what's your problem"...I told him about my shirt and his buddy.... he told me "he did you a favor, your shirt is *** shirt" as his buddies laughed and puched in on me.

I said fine... I head butt him and managed to throw 5 or 6 of the best connecting punches I have ever thrown...must have been 4 guys on the floor and a couple golding their noses....

A full on brawl ensued, lights all turned on in the bar, music turned off, 5 ot 600 people drinking and running like crazy while about 50 or 60 were on the dancefloor going crazy,..chicks and all.

How no one was killed, I will never know.. I remember watching a guy fall backwards down the 20 step flight of stairs and then hit his head on the exit door....

Just some crazy stuff...

Watched a buddy hang a guy out the 3rd story window of the Chateau Jasper ready to drop him...

I have often wondered how I ever managed to make it...

thinking back, and this what scares me as I now have my own kids,...
I din't see the danger it,... never a second thought...

You go out and fight with guy and that's that,..but what he falls backwards and hits his head, or you getcharged with assault,.etc. etc.

What if you do fall off the cliff, or go through the ice on the sled,...etc etc.

I find myself talking more and more like Dad all the time...lol

Loki610
08-26-2011, 02:05 PM
Helping dad clear out beaver dams on irrigation ditches during a thunderstorm.

At age 6 playing in a field close to the treeline and 100 yards from the house, building castles in the slush, didn't notice the cougar sneaking behind me until the next door neighbour who had been watching from the window sent a 30-06 bullet whizzing downrange and close past me to stop the cougar 20 yards behind me! still have the skin and it doesn't have much of a face anymore!

Drunken boxing at beerfest in edmonton

Getting into a fight without realizing that the one guy has a knife! and its not a pocket knife! (400 stitches and staples)

Riding the GT down a steep hill and hitting the barbwire fence at the bottom.

having sword fights with dried out canada thistle or fresh stinging nettle.

pulling the bullets out of .22lr shells and using the powder as a fuse to light off the primer and firing the casing across the basement.

riding bikes down steep hills and using the speed to do jumps off the curbs, and the one time hitting a telephone pole while still in the air! Destroyed the front end of the bike and shattered a knuckle!

Toirtis
08-26-2011, 04:51 PM
Later in my adolescence, experimented with making most high explosives known to Man, in my basement lab. :lol: One in particular, involved dissolving some of my mother's silverware in nitric acid, to extract the silver. Silver Fulminate. Google that.:lol:

Grizz

Sounds all too familiar. I remember a particular afternoon when I realised that making a half liter of nitroglycerine is much more easy than disposing of it...

Spidey
08-26-2011, 06:12 PM
- x3 for pellet gun tag (I had the crack barrel and loved it when the guys with the CO2s ran out of air!)

- x3 for lawn dart chicken

- driving golf balls down main street late a night

- playing the "get-the-big-mutherin-Charlet-bull-to-charge-you-and-first-one-to-move-loses" game.

- dressing up as ninjas in College dorms and opening any door that was left unlocked at 2am and proceeding to whale on unsuspecting sleeping freshmen with pillows (I'm probably going to hell for that one....) I think some foreign students withdrew after that incident

- bumper surfing at 50kms/hour in winter

- Taking a creative writing class at U of A and walking around 97th Street on a friday night at 1:00am looking for "inspiration" - thankfully a prostitute took pity on us and escorted us the heck out of there (pardon the pun)

jpietrzak1979
08-26-2011, 07:40 PM
Well god knows I should have died ages ago lol....

Hit in the head with a baseball bat (accidental)
Kicked in the head by a horse
Cliff diving in unknown areas and just missing the rocks
Riding a disingigrating raft of seaweed and logs being taken out to see on a rip tide lol
jumped from window A to balcony B three stories up over top of a power line
ditched my motorcycle near a cliff in the mountains... then recovered it and drove myself to the hospital while in shock
ice fishing with wet feet lol.... i didn't get frost bite on ALL my toes

errr... well not all of these are from when i was a kid but you get a feeling of a recurring pattern here...

nanuk-O-dah-Nort
08-27-2011, 08:49 AM
had a skanky crack-ore walk by me in my car and ask me for a light.

I said I only had the lighter in the ashtray. So she got in....

we had unprotected sex right there.

good thing I was medicated with ample alcohol, or I probably would have contracted a deadly form of STD

(I no longer drink and drive, and got married since, so don't do those other things anymore!)