PDA

View Full Version : Mercury 150HP OptiMax Pro XS Propeller

sapper3
03-22-2011, 03:23 PM
First boat purchase-I am new to the boating family purchased the 2011 Crestliner Super Hawk 1800 with the 150HP Opti Max Pro XS I also put the Mercury 9.9 HP ProKicker on it. Can anyone tell me what prop comes on the Mercury 150HP Opti Max Pro XS and has anyone ran an Opti Max Pro XS motor . I was leaning toward 4 Stroke but Sales man mentioned this would be the best set up for fishing and taking the kids tubing. Thanks

Shmag
03-22-2011, 07:01 PM
You will love the opti...i think my 200hp came with a 4 blade quick silver. I beleive the merc website has a prop calculator that you enter in details of the boat and it will tell you the right fit for your boat. Its always good to have a spare prop so if you feel the stock one is not the right fit you can buy what you want. Or just google prop calculator...there should be several site's that can help you out.

sapper3
03-22-2011, 07:12 PM
Thanks for the input. Spare prop never thought of that!

gramps73
03-22-2011, 08:24 PM
First of all welcome to the Crestliner family, you will love it. I had the same thoughts about the motor but I did go with the 150 Verado and love it.
When it came to a second prop I went with the tempist Merc prop and gained about 5 MP GPS very happy with it.
Good luck and enjoy your boat.
g73

thenaturalwoodsman
03-23-2011, 07:11 AM
First boat purchase-I am new to the boating family purchased the 2011 Crestliner Super Hawk 1800 with the 150HP Opti Max Pro XS I also put the Mercury 9.9 HP ProKicker on it. Can anyone tell me what prop comes on the Mercury 150HP Opti Max Pro XS and has anyone ran an Opti Max Pro XS motor . I was leaning toward 4 Stroke but Sales man mentioned this would be the best set up for fishing and taking the kids tubing. Thanks

It will likely have a 19P tempest plus SS prop

troyfitt
03-25-2011, 06:46 PM
go to walleye centrals form you will find a thred for motors and props just weed through it it can get like here with 40 guys jumping on your post but you will probly find someone with the same rig,I know it helped me with proping my ranger when I got a new motor for her