PDA

View Full Version : Volunteer Firefighter Tax Credit

HunterDave
03-22-2011, 05:12 PM
I just received an email from my Member of Parliament with an update about the federal budget, etc and I found something in his email that I know some members of AO will be very interested in. Good stuff! :)

"Our government is also recognizing the hard work and sacrifices of our volunteer firefighters by introducing a Volunteer Firefighters Tax Credit."

FishingMOM
03-22-2011, 05:38 PM
The opposition has said they will NOT support this budget.
So who knows what we will get out of the budget once they are done their fighting.

MountainTi
03-22-2011, 05:46 PM
$3000 tax credit I do believe

MountainTi
03-22-2011, 05:46 PM
The opposition has said they will NOT support this budget.
So who knows what we will get out of the budget once they are done their fighting.

Most likely an election

Ken07AOVette
03-22-2011, 05:52 PM
Most likely an election

In May 2011

FishingMOM
03-22-2011, 06:17 PM
$3000 tax credit I do believe

Giving a nod to rural Canadians, the budget includes a tax credit for volunteer firefighters. Again, it's worth 15 per cent of an amount of $3,000, for firefighters who perform at least 200 hours of service per year. The fine print on this measure, however, says that firefighters who currently get a tax exemption on honoraria for their services must choose between that tax exemption and the tax credit. They can't take advantage of both measures.

hal53
03-22-2011, 06:52 PM
Will be a very interesting campaign, Harper is crazy like a fox...well done Stephen...well done!!!

Grizzly Adams
03-22-2011, 08:02 PM
Will be a very interesting campaign, Harper is crazy like a fox...well done Stephen...well done!!!

Bye bye Iggi.:lol: As someone said, good budget to fight an election on. Liked the part of forgiving part of the student loans for doctors, willing to practice in rural areas. Tax credits for renovations might put a few bucks in my pocket.

Grizz

FishingMOM
03-23-2011, 01:50 AM
Bye bye Iggi.:lol: As someone said, good budget to fight an election on. Liked the part of forgiving part of the student loans for doctors, willing to practice in rural areas. Tax credits for renovations might put a few bucks in my pocket.

Grizz

This might get people spending again.

citori
03-23-2011, 08:24 AM

Grizz

Is there any information on the tax credits for renovations?

HunterDave
03-23-2011, 10:15 AM

I looked for it last night but I couldn't find anything. We have to wait to see if the budget is voted down and an election is held anyway.

hillbillyreefer
03-23-2011, 10:26 AM
The Commie Coalition is going to bring down the government, none of these programs are going to happen anytime soon.

MountainTi
03-23-2011, 10:45 AM

All I caught was something about a $300ish credit on installation of high effeciency hot water tank and $700ish on a furnace.

citori
03-23-2011, 01:54 PM
All I caught was something about a $300ish credit on installation of high effeciency hot water tank and $700ish on a furnace.

Thanks!

Unfortunately that won't help me :(