PDA

View Full Version : Salty Salty Tubes

Daceminnow
03-22-2011, 07:02 PM
picked up a few different tubes to try today and some are of the salted variety. are the fish in our part of the country attracted to the salt or is this just a bass thing? i'm looking to rig some up with tube jigheads and throw them in a box but it looks to be a messy deal. what about the salt rusting the hooks? i bought enough i'm thinking of rinsing some clean. is the salt not gonna be done with the first drowning? also i'm guess salted plastic is going to fall under "scented baits, power baits and all additives that scent or flavour artificial baits and lures." thus making them not legal were there's a bait ban. any experienced salty dawg fisherman out there with any insight?

Dace

chubbdarter
03-22-2011, 07:04 PM
that salt is nasty!!!!!!!!!!!!
the theory is Blood is salty so salt is thought to be a stimulant

Freedom55
03-23-2011, 07:13 AM
I have always kept my salted baits in a SALT ONLY container. Rusted hooks are not on a fishes menu plus the iron oxide weakens the metal.
I searched everywhere for a Berkley "bio-salt" bubbling plastic bait as I have seen walleye chase them right to the boat. I swear by them as the go-to bait. I could not find them anywhere until last week when I stopped in a little shop that sold tackle and giftware. They had them on clearance prices so I bought them all!
Remember. Keep them separated.