PDA

View Full Version : Buck lake south.

duffy4
03-23-2011, 10:18 AM
Buck lake south, has anyone been fishing it muck this winter?

Buck Lake Bathymetric Survey
in Township 46, Range 06 West of the Fifth Meridian

/Users/Duffy/Desktop/BuckLake.pdf

shorthair ptr.
03-24-2011, 10:34 PM
went here on Sunday, out from the PP. Never had a bite nore did I mark anything on my flasher. Still new fishing this lake, I like the looks of it but WHERE ARE THE FISH?:angry3:

greywolffan
03-25-2011, 07:58 AM
Was there back in January. Was one of the worst lakes I have fished all winter. There is nothing in there. MAybe a few small perch which is not worth the trip no matter what lake. You would have more action at Gull lake.

Dust1n
03-25-2011, 09:06 AM
gull lake has been slow this year too

Hunter Trav
03-25-2011, 09:22 AM
Was there back in January. Was one of the worst lakes I have fished all winter. There is nothing in there. MAybe a few small perch which is not worth the trip no matter what lake. You would have more action at Gull lake.

Yes, there are no fish there, do not go back, I will go there and catch those dinky perch for you...

Dust1n
03-25-2011, 09:24 AM
hunter is it just a hit and miss lake or is it just more of a experance kind of lake?

perchie15
03-26-2011, 12:49 PM
Well in the winter time I know few spots to go. But summer is wayyy better to fish that lake!!!

slimjim
03-26-2011, 02:30 PM
On the lake two weeks ago, and saw lots of spawning ling, and caught 4. Saw one small pike, no perch, no walleye, and no whites. Real hard to get around on Buck, as it has overflooded, you should only use a ski-doo, or such. When you drill a hole, the water keeps on comming up, like all day. Buck is still one of my favorite lakes, for summer fishing.

Dust1n
03-26-2011, 03:13 PM
i think duffy got suspended for givin away info lol

Hunter Trav
03-28-2011, 10:18 AM
hunter is it just a hit and miss lake or is it just more of a experance kind of lake?

I've only fished it a couple times in the winter, and never had great luck. Summer time for me has been way better, but its still kinda hit or miss it seems...

Dust1n
03-28-2011, 05:40 PM
i fished it in summer and had lots of walleye and big pike! but also seemed to get a chunky perch fly fishn for em in the cannel using a leech for the walleye

-JR-
03-28-2011, 05:43 PM
the cannel by the north camp ground or under the bridge

Dust1n
03-28-2011, 05:58 PM
the big pike and fat walleye were at a differnt place around the lake but the perch was tooken under that bridge on a 4wt fly rod and just pullled it right down but didnt realy run.

Speckle55
03-28-2011, 06:09 PM
Is Buck lake still netted .. where do they put nets .. how deep etc .. whitefish.. hmmmm ok buy one..white fish
hhhmmmm what in stomach
hhhmmm get camera
hhhmmm match whats in stomach and fish whites

Good luck guys

in every lake there are anglers that know ask .. Shorten the learning curve i did:)

Dust1n
03-28-2011, 06:34 PM
illave u guys some trouble when we bought a white from em. there all big/fat too we open up there stomach and it had a bunch of decaying minnows in it. lots of em so i guess bouncing a minnow off the bottom would be key.

great white whaler
03-31-2011, 11:09 PM
was out there with a fishing buddy on monday past,he had the aqua view ' set up , seen lots of perch 'maybe `12 or 15 small perch ,no bites.I blame it on the big pike that came to visit,,didn't see a perch after that ,that pike came back like three times that afternoon,i tried to catch the bugger to get him out of the way 'but he busted my line.