PDA

View Full Version : Policy vs someones great idea

Dacotensis
03-23-2011, 11:40 PM
Yep, I think the words "it's our policy" or "it's not our policy" get thrown around a little too much these days.

I can't recall a time in recent memory when someone has told me "it's our policy", has been able to back that up with a handbook full of policy indicating where it's written.(YOu can bet I put it to them):)
I think it's a simple way out for people who have a little bit of power, to not have to go the extra mile to make something happen when they have the ability to make it happen.Easy!
"Nope, sorry it's our policy not to do that".
What a bunch of shat.
LAZY! Prove it. If it's policy, SHOW ME!
This thread is not directed at anything or anyone on this AO forum.
It's directed to the day to day interactions we all encounter.
My rant only.
Thanks

Plummerbutt
03-24-2011, 12:26 AM
Amen Brother! Ive called a few company's on their so called policies. Credit Card Co are notorious for this, as well as Banks. Learn to not play by their rules and it puts more power into your own. Im not saying to not pay your bills, just saying that more often then not, our debts can be payed under our terms and not theirs. They dont know what to say when I start talking about my own policies and there are no other options.

zero_eight
03-24-2011, 02:23 AM
I agree!!

Another one that I hear all too frequently:

"Well NORMALLY we don't do (insert whatever you just asked them about)"

I don't give a crap what you do NORMALLY, what are you going to do for me, today?

eastcoast
03-24-2011, 02:24 AM
it's usually a way for business to say no without having to explain it to you.

hunted
03-24-2011, 07:56 AM
My father in law sums this situation the best. He is a farmer in small town sask and has dealt with a lot of different bankers over the years. He says "The policy never changes the people do!" He gets a good one sets up the deal a good way for him. Then a new person comes in and says we can't do it that way:angry3: