PDA

View Full Version : Newell

WayneChristie
03-24-2011, 07:24 AM
Anyone fish Newell lately and how was the access?

tacklerunner
03-24-2011, 01:54 PM
We expect you to know the answer to this question. I know you know I know that you know I know fishing is good there. As far as access you will find a way. Just have a tow truck on standby.

baz
03-24-2011, 03:00 PM
Not sure if this is current enough but Mar 19th weekend we were out there. Reddelback was impassable, pp was ok from the parking lot but not at the boat launch. South of pp was good enough that I could pull a trailer on the ice and once there no issue driving around. Fishing was slow.
Baz

Wes_G
03-24-2011, 05:36 PM
Would definately like to know as well as I am going to fish it saturday. How much snow did Brooks get this last week and hows access? Any more recent info would be great!

chubbdarter
03-24-2011, 05:52 PM
whats your go to lure now that the bait ban is in effect?

WayneChristie
03-24-2011, 06:19 PM
we got another 6 inches of snow this week, at least in my hood. today it didnt melt at all, but theres a lot of mud around. I do have a couple places I can park and walk a short way to get on so they will be my backup if I cant drive on at the PP. Chub last spring I caught pike on wireworms, but you know how that goes. Id like to land some this time, I am thinking once they get a bit more aggressive I will go to pike flies, should be good for walleyes too Id guess. Maybe some wildeyes, and especially my mutants may draw in a few slower ones. Definitely going to give some jigheads with different rubber grubs a shot too. Maybe smaller wabblers with or without a rubber grub or maybe even a bucktail hook on them.
I caught one in about 12 inches of water last spring, just a hammerhandle, I dont think the pike I caught in December would have been able to swim in that close.
Im lucky to have a few lakes to chose from in my area that dont close.