PDA

View Full Version : Jasper this spring

Dak1138
03-24-2011, 07:28 AM
After fishing in Jasper last July and September I was hoping to try fishing this spring a little earlier (may long weekend preferably ), only problem is I have no idea if anything will be ice free enough to cast a line into.
Does anyone have a logical guess when the ice will melt there?
I will be fishing from shore , so I do not have to worry about recreating the titanic.
Thanks in advance.

SNAPFisher
03-24-2011, 08:00 AM
Lower elevations you should be okay but we will need some warm weather...eventually. Higher up like Maligne, no way. Last year it was the first weekend in June. This year I'm putting money on 2nd weekend.

huntin'fool
03-24-2011, 10:34 AM
Shore fishing...hmmm. What lakes/rivers do you have in mind?

The big Lake (Maligne) will likely not be ice free until sometime between the 2nd and 3rd week of June...unless we have a major warm April/May with rain and wind (which is what I'm hoping for!!)

Patricia should be doable by first week of June I would assume...perhaps not as early as May long, but who knows.

McLeod
03-24-2011, 10:54 AM
Shore fishing...hmmm. What lakes/rivers do you have in mind?

The big Lake (Maligne) will likely not be ice free until sometime between the 2nd and 3rd week of June...unless we have a major warm April/May with rain and wind (which is what I'm hoping for!!)

Patricia should be doable by first week of June I would assume...perhaps not as early as May long, but who knows.

But then again Patricia doesn't open until JULY 1ST , so maybe pass on that and avoid THE BIG FINES.. I know honest mistake...LOL..

But Pyramid is open....

huntin'fool
03-24-2011, 11:12 AM
Oops. Never fished there. Just assumed it would be the same as Maligne. Listen to McLeod, not me. LOL. Thanks McLeod.

Dak1138
03-24-2011, 11:34 AM
i was thinking of pyramid . i did not think there were too many fish in patricia. maybe i will try the first or second weekend in june. if i am too early i guess i try the rivers.

dragon
03-24-2011, 02:49 PM

Last year the ice left Pigeon lake thursday before the long weekend... enless there is a heat wave...