Fario
03-24-2011, 12:00 PM
Hi!
What are your favourite braids? In Poland very popular are:

Power Pro
Spiderwire Stealth
Stren Sonic / Super Braid
P-Line

What do you thing about them? Maybe other braids works better for you?
Of course I am talking about freshwater fishing.

alodar
03-24-2011, 12:10 PM
Toughline Is ok too and they sell large spools so if your sturgeon fishing you dont need 2 spools to fill your reel

Fario
03-24-2011, 12:45 PM
And what about Barkley?

We don't like them much.

chubbdarter
03-24-2011, 12:50 PM
Favorite fusion line is Fireline
Favorite braid is Suffix 832
Favorite mono is Trilene xl and xt for different presentations
Favorite flouro is Vanish

tacklerunner
03-24-2011, 01:48 PM
Power Pro is my favorite & very popular out here.

WayneChristie
03-24-2011, 06:31 PM
I like power pro, and some very light monofilaments

huntsfurfish
03-24-2011, 06:40 PM
I like Spiderwire and Power pro and Berkley Fireline

for mono I like Tectan

fluoro I like Seagar.

Teamprotz
03-24-2011, 07:31 PM
Powerpro lasts forever , great investment.

Jwood 456
03-24-2011, 07:53 PM
I used fireline, stren super braid and spider wire. Once I tried power pro, from there on that is the only line I spool my reels with when avaliable.:sHa_shakeshout:

Power pro I think is the smoothest casting most shock, and abrassion resistant braid I have used so far. Power pro also has some of the best knot strength IMO.

I honestly find that the bigger spools of power pro can be pricy compared to the cheaper competitors, selling the same size spools of braid. I think the powerpro is still well worth the tad extra higher percent price though.

Fario
03-25-2011, 06:59 AM
Thanks for your opinions!
I am a spiderwire fan, but i use Power Pro too. They never failed me.

horsetrader
03-25-2011, 07:50 AM
I like spiderwire stealth

Geezle
03-25-2011, 08:35 AM
Power Pro is my first choice, and from now on any time I need to load up on line, that's what I'll be using.

That being said, I've got Spiderwire Stealth on a couple reels and it seems like pretty okay stuff...nice and limp and easy to handle.

I've also got Fireline on a couple spools. I don't mind the stuff, but it seems to discolor an frays a lot sooner than the other braids I've used. Fireline Crystal seems to hold up a touch better.

Dust1n
03-25-2011, 09:02 AM
braid i like powerpro with a flouro leader PLIne

Jwood 456
03-25-2011, 11:44 AM
Power Pro is my first choice, and from now on any time I need to load up on line, that's what I'll be using.

That being said, I've got Spiderwire Stealth on a couple reels and it seems like pretty okay stuff...nice and limp and easy to handle.

I've also got Fireline on a couple spools. I don't mind the stuff, but it seems to discolor an frays a lot sooner than the other braids I've used. Fireline Crystal seems to hold up a touch better.

Didn't read the post clear enough and erased my comment. :sign0007: :o

RapStaff
03-25-2011, 05:23 PM
I use Suffix fused and braid, great product great value.

-JR-
03-25-2011, 07:26 PM
Just switched to power pro this winter ,seems ok .
Just wondering for those that attach a flo-carbon line at the end for a leader.
Do you tie it directly to your braided line or do you keep a swivel between the two.

Geezle
03-25-2011, 07:59 PM
Just switched to power pro this winter ,seems ok .
Just wondering for those that attach a flo-carbon line at the end for a leader.
Do you tie it directly to your braided line or do you keep a swivel between the two.

I'm lazy, so I have a snap swivel on the end of my main line, then I tie my fluoro leader with a loop on the end to attatch to the snap :)

Dust1n
03-25-2011, 08:00 PM
i dont put a swivil in it. i just tie a double clinch knot i dont know any other knots to tie em both tothgher.

Erik
03-25-2011, 08:06 PM
I love PowerPro!

All my life I was a mono guy, but now I enjoy using this on my spinning rods. I love how PowerPro floats on the surface tension and I find it to be tough as nails without affecting the feel of my fishing experience.

On the mono side I love Suffix, but I've not used their braid so I don't have a comparison there. I don't particularly care for Stren or Spiderwire.

alodar
03-25-2011, 08:09 PM
I love PowerPro!

All my life I was a mono guy, but now I enjoy using this on my spinning rods. I love how PowerPro floats on the surface tension and I find it to be tough as nails without affecting the feel of my fishing experience.

On the mono side I love Suffix, but I've not used their braid so I don't have a comparison there. I don't particularly care for Stren or Spiderwire.

I used to use spider wire but found it sub par to other brands

Mike_W
03-25-2011, 08:13 PM
Power pro all the way!

Fario
03-26-2011, 01:56 PM
So Power Pro is the winner i think :)
I tie fluorocarbon to braid with a knot from power pro "little book" called - tying braid to large diameter mono.

Jwood 456
03-26-2011, 03:27 PM
I used to use spider wire but found it sub par to other brands

Agree X2. I remeber using that stuff and when I snagged something, I would just do a lite twitch to unsnag the lure and the line would break like nothing. I also frequently had knots break when trying to tie the line to a lure, where with other brands the knot wouldn't break at all.

FlYiNGuY
03-27-2011, 06:58 AM
I'll throw in a vote for Sufix 832, that stuff is strong!!

Winch101
03-27-2011, 09:31 AM
I see can tire has suffix on ssale for 14 bucks for large spool is that good .

I havent used braid for 50 yrs ....we called it trolling line .....I am going to load it on the baitcasters this year ....so I am open to suggestion Thanks W101...

FlYiNGuY
03-29-2011, 02:27 AM
I see can tire has suffix on ssale for 14 bucks for large spool is that good .

I havent used braid for 50 yrs ....we called it trolling line .....I am going to load it on the baitcasters this year ....so I am open to suggestion Thanks W101...

That's a great deal, only catch I saw was the the spools they carry (at the one I went to) were only 150yd. Plenty good for around here!