PDA

View Full Version : Election time

fishnut9
03-26-2011, 04:29 AM
Another thought provoking question for you guys to discuss. Dont worry its not me whining.
What do you believe is worse. An uneducated voter or someone that doesnt vote at all. IMO i think the uneducated voter causes more damage. At least with the none voter the polls are still at 0-0. If it was the uneducated voter he could randomly pick out ndp. Even i know that's national suicide right there.

rugatika
03-26-2011, 05:39 AM
An uneducated voter is the worst. I get so tired of hearing people say..."Get out and vote." or "everyone should vote". Fact of the matter is, there are a lot of people that pay attention to politics once every 4 years or so. They should just stay home and do everyone a favor. But then the libs and dippers would hardly get any votes.

fishnut9
03-26-2011, 06:00 AM
An uneducated voter is the worst. I get so tired of hearing people say..."Get out and vote." or "everyone should vote". Fact of the matter is, there are a lot of people that pay attention to politics once every 4 years or so. They should just stay home and do everyone a favor. But then the libs and dippers would hardly get any votes.
I get that vote its your duty crud all the time. Why should I vote when I don't know anything about the parties.it causes more harm.

rugatika
03-26-2011, 06:06 AM
I get that vote its your duty crud all the time. Why should I vote when I don't know anything about the parties.it causes more harm.

Anyone that does vote has a moral duty to their country to be familiar with the pros and cons of different political ideologies and their history and economics etc.

Soreneck Racing
03-26-2011, 08:51 AM
One of my teenagers is turning 18 pretty soon. Already excited about the opportunity to vote. Now the job of parents is to ensure that they have the chance to get to a couple of forums and hear the candidates weave their stories.

My wife and I dont always agree on politics, so my teenager will not necessarily vote the same as one of us. And thats okay.

We will have a crash course in federal politics over the next few weeks, get to visit the party websites and talk to the main three politicians running in our area. On May 2nd, we will make our mark.

No matter the outcome of the vote, it is a right of passage into adulthood and I'm kinda looking forward to it.

IR_mike
03-26-2011, 09:28 AM
"The biggest argument against democracy is to have a conversation with your average voter."

Winston Churchill

eastcoast
03-26-2011, 10:08 AM
everybody has the right to vote weather you agree or disagree with them, if you try and cast someone out because they don't agree with you be prepared to be cast out yourself.1 person 1 vote it's a simple system.

fishnut9
03-26-2011, 10:11 AM
everybody has the right to vote weather you agree or disagree with them, if you try and cast someone out because they don't agree with you be prepared to be cast out yourself.1 person 1 vote it's a simple system.

that has nothing to do with the question. The problem isnt who they vote for its why they voted for them. If everyone went enie meenie minee moe then who knows what party would be in power.

fishnut9
03-26-2011, 10:12 AM
Let me rephrase the question. What do you guys find more irritating someone who doesnt vote or someone who votes but is just totally random.

eastcoast
03-26-2011, 10:13 AM
that has nothing to do with the question. The problem isnt who they vote for its why they voted for them. If everyone went enie meenie minee moe then who knows what party would be in power.

people have the right to vote for whoever they wish, should certain parties be banned because people disagree with them, doesn't seem very democratic to me, if the people vote for the ndp and they get a majority then that's the way it is.

fishnut9
03-26-2011, 10:21 AM
people have the right to vote for whoever they wish, should certain parties be banned because people disagree with them, doesn't seem very democratic to me, if the people vote for the ndp and they get a majority then that's the way it is. just answer the question. See this is why threads get closed. People like you go off topic and just refuse to answer the original question. So thanks for your.02 but its not on topic.

220swifty
03-26-2011, 10:24 AM
Here we go again.:thinking-006:

eastcoast
03-26-2011, 10:26 AM
just answer the question. See this is why threads get closed. People like you go off topic and just refuse to answer the original question. So thanks for your.02 but its not on topic.

I don't even know what you are asking, but I have things to do today I am going to oyen in about 10 minutes so I will have to debate the non question some other time.

220swifty
03-26-2011, 10:35 AM
Only he knows what he wants to hear, and he will argue with you until you guess right, or until the thread gets locked.

Come to think of it, it is funny you have all these politics questions lately, seeing as you kind of act like a politician. For example, last week you promised to leave the site, and never did.

Redfrog
03-26-2011, 10:45 AM
Tough question, no correct answer.
If you were sentenced to death which would you choose? Getting your head cut off or be burned at the stake?

I watched interviews with the 'man in the street' when the U.S. election was on.
A 'bama' t shirt wearer was asked who he was voting for. "Obama". When asked about "O''s running mate Sarah Palin the voter said he was happy with her and thought she was a great choice for VP:thinking-006:

My wife isn't a real political animal, but watching the leaders speak on the TV last night had her nearly bleeding through her eyes listening to the spin.:)

I would rather have someone voting because it is their duty. At least the campaigning may have some effect. Hopefully an honest person will be able to see the spin and vote accordingly.

Excellent platforms, promises and policies mean squat if the people we hire to implement them are stealing diesel from the rig.:scared:

The Bloc should be banned from the Canadian parliament. They are not a national party. They are a party who have no interest in Canada, but are a bunch of thieves and extortionists, leaches and bloodsuckers who exist only through the stupidity of Federal gov't paying them.

What would parliament look like with them gone?

I could even accept the greenies or communists. They just want to trash the country, The Bloc wants to keep the host alive while the parasitic lot of them suck the blood out of the country.

With a CPC majority I'd expect to see the registry gone, the pay per vote gone, some reasonable laws re: sentencing, and at least an attempt at a triple E senate.

Oh yeah I'd rather be burned at the stake.

I always figured a hot steak was better than a cold chop.

Jimboy
03-26-2011, 10:46 AM

Working people and welfare recipatents, union members or old pensioners voting for conservatives , now thats what l call real uneducated voting , wrong party girls , l see lots of them here too.

Redfrog
03-26-2011, 10:48 AM
I don't even know what you are asking, but I have things to do today I am going to oyen in about 10 minutes so I will have to debate the non question some other time.

You may want to reconsider Oyen today. My brother is plowing snow down there.
I just spoke with him. His grader is stuck in a 6 foot drift on a north/south road. He just plowed it out last night. #9 is all ice. and drifting snow.

Redfrog
03-26-2011, 10:49 AM
Working people and welfare recipatents, union members or old pensioners voting for conservatives , now thats what l call real uneducated voting , wrong party girls , l see lots of them here too.

Care to elaborate?

GeoTrekr
03-26-2011, 11:06 AM

Not sure why a working person would be unwise to vote Conservative, unless that person is happy to work to pay the government $2 to get $1 back...

The NDP would spend the country into the toilet if they ever had any kind of power (unlikely, thankfully). Just check out their track record in the provinces they've governed.

The Liberals also enjoy their spending, but even worse is their arrogant "we know better than thou, do as we say, not as we do" social-engineering attitude. Cap that off with their lust for taking our personal freedoms, and they just aren't a viable option for me.

The government is like a row boat. Too many people paddling on the left or the right for any amount of time just results in going in circles. It's about time we get some action from the right after years of liberal reign to get us back on course. I know the Conservatives have been 'in power' for a number of the last few years, but the reality is that nothing could really be accomplished with the ne'er-do-wells screaming and screeching and playing politics on the other side in the current minority configuration (they couldn't support the budget? Give me a break, they just have a hard-on for an election, and this is the first opportunity they've had to force one, and be somewhat able to hide their true power-hungry intentions under the rug).

Once C-68 has been abolished, we'll be off to a good start, but I won't count my chickens before they've hatched. Lets see what the first week of May brings first.

The Conservatives certainly aren't the be all and end all, but overall I am very fearful of the damage the other parties could do to our economy and country when they once again come into power (How many semi's do you own? How about handguns? Don't get too attached, as the Liberals are convinced you're better off without them. The NDP will support their rural gun-owning constituents by fighting the Libs' tyranny with a wet noodle when this comes to pass.).

KegRiver
03-26-2011, 11:34 AM
I would say, "Neither"

The worst is a lazy voter. One who can't be bothered to find out what IS TRUE.

They pay no attention all year and then listen to a couple of news reports and a few political adds, most often, attack adds, and from that decide they know everything there is to know about ALL of the candidates.
They don't even bother to check what others try to tell them, to see if any of it is true.

Those are the people politicians like Iggy love. It make it possible for people like him to win elections. Thanks to such voters, all it takes to win an election is a few lies.

KegRiver
03-26-2011, 11:37 AM
Not sure why a working person would be unwise to vote Conservative, unless that person is happy to work to pay the government $2 to get $1 back...

The NDP would spend the country into the toilet if they ever had any kind of power (unlikely, thankfully). Just check out their track record in the provinces they've governed.

The Liberals also enjoy their spending, but even worse is their arrogant "we know better than thou, do as we say, not as we do" social-engineering attitude. Cap that off with their lust for taking our personal freedoms, and they just aren't a viable option for me.

The government is like a row boat. Too many people paddling on the left or the right for any amount of time just results in going in circles. It's about time we get some action from the right after years of liberal reign to get us back on course. I know the Conservatives have been 'in power' for a number of the last few years, but the reality is that nothing could really be accomplished with the ne'er-do-wells screaming and screeching and playing politics on the other side in the current minority configuration (they couldn't support the budget? Give me a break, they just have a hard-on for an election, and this is the first opportunity they've had to force one, and be somewhat able to hide their true power-hungry intentions under the rug).

Once C-68 has been abolished, we'll be off to a good start, but I won't count my chickens before they've hatched. Lets see what the first week of May brings first.

The Conservatives certainly aren't the be all and end all, but overall I am very fearful of the damage the other parties could do to our economy and country when they once again come into power (How many semi's do you own? How about handguns? Don't get too attached, as the Liberals are convinced you're better off without them. The NDP will support their rural gun-owning constituents by fighting the Libs' tyranny with a wet noodle when this comes to pass.).

Agree, 100%

huntinstuff
03-26-2011, 03:32 PM
Marking an X on the ballot for the NDP is a waste.

You would be better served to save that paper ballot, put it in your backpack, and use it to wipe yer arse on a hunting trip

fishnut9
03-26-2011, 03:53 PM
Only he knows what he wants to hear, and he will argue with you until you guess right, or until the thread gets locked.

Come to think of it, it is funny you have all these politics questions lately, seeing as you kind of act like a politician. For example, last week you promised to leave the site, and never did.

It's funny how only you and one other guy think that way. Notice everyone else actually took the time to read the question.why don't you try that.

fishnut9
03-26-2011, 03:55 PM

So I didn't ask a question I guess these answers are just for an imaginary question then.how about read the question before coming here and trying to start a fight

hal53
03-26-2011, 04:01 PM
Heard on talk radio yesterday that a pollster said outside of the GTA, his polls prove the liars are in trouble...and in Rural Northern Ontario,traditionally Liberal,...the people are PO'd big time over the gun registry flip flop. Interesting times for sure...we have to remind everyone we know...who voted for and more importantly against abolishing the registry. Ralph Goodale is already taking huge heat for this in Sk. from what I hear from people there...keep it rolling!!!!!

220swifty
03-26-2011, 05:04 PM
It's funny how only you and one other guy think that way. Notice everyone else actually took the time to read the question.why don't you try that.

Why don't you look into how a discussion will often progress and learn to live with it rather than turning into a whiner, and throwing insults at other members.

If you want to get a firm result out of a question that only has two possible answers, learn to use the poll option, but don't get wound up when the discussion surrounding the question evolves into something else.

220swifty
03-26-2011, 05:32 PM
:)

Lefty-Canuck
03-26-2011, 05:41 PM
Let me rephrase the question. What do you guys find more irritating someone who doesnt vote or someone who votes but is just totally random.

The thing I find most irritating is someone who keeps posting a general question on the forums and then is never happy with any of the responses...."Don't ask a question if you aren't prepared to deal with an answer that you don't agree with"

Then to top it all off resorts to insulting the people who actually took a minute to respond to the OP.

In all his efforts to seem non-confrontational he throws out all these passive aggressive responses.....honestly its quite laughable and likely the only reason I read any post by the OP.

Lefty

fishnut9
03-26-2011, 05:48 PM
The thing I find most irritating is someone who keeps posting a general question on the forums and then is never happy with any of the responses...."Don't ask a question if you aren't prepared to deal with an answer that you don't agree with"

Then to top it all off resorts to insulting the people who actually took a minute to respond to the OP.

In all his efforts to seem non-confrontational he throws out all these passive aggressive responses.....honestly its quite laughable and likely the only reason I read any post by the OP.

Leftywhat I find really irritating are people who come to my threads talking about off topic stuff like this.Believe me if I could I would not be making passive aggressive responses. I would out right insult you but I can't do that.

densa44
03-26-2011, 05:48 PM
Our system of government has a lot of short comings that is for sure but when asked about democracy Churchill said mentioned most of the complaints found in this post, he went on to say ... in fact the only thing that recommends it is that it is better than anything else we have tried!

Every other form seems to end up with a dictator worse than any elected government.

Remember Hitler won an election.

Lefty-Canuck
03-26-2011, 05:51 PM
what I find really irritating are people who come to my threads talking about off topic stuff like this.Believe me if I could I would not be making passive aggressive responses. I would out right insult you but I can't do that.

The best part is all your posts end up like this....and then what I have said actually becomes the topic! :)

I am thick skinned I can take about any insult you could hurl, but I fear if you did insult it would just serve to re-enforce my original point.

Unicorns and rainbows :) , after 2012 this won't matter anyway right? :)

Lefty

fishnut9
03-26-2011, 05:54 PM
The best part is all your posts end up like this....and then what I have said actually becomes the topic! :)

I am thick skinned I can take about any insult you could hurl, but I fear if you did insult it would just serve to re-enforce my original point.

Unicorns and rainbows :) , after 2012 this won't matter anyway right? :)

LeftyI'm just gonna ignore you now

Lefty-Canuck
03-26-2011, 05:59 PM
I'm just gonna ignore you now

Deal!

Lefty :)

DanJ
03-26-2011, 06:31 PM
Getting back to the original question, I would much prefer that people who don't take the trouble to keep up with current events just abstain from voting. Yes they have the right to vote but in my opinion they shouldn't use it.

Problem is, who is to say whether a person is sufficiently educated or not? In my opinion, far too many people love to blurt out something stupid like "They are all crooks" or "Ah, they're all just in it for themselves" instead of reading a newspaper.

mooseknuckle
03-26-2011, 07:44 PM
Getting back to the original question, I would much prefer that people who don't take the trouble to keep up with current events just abstain from voting. Yes they have the right to vote but in my opinion they shouldn't use it.

Problem is, who is to say whether a person is sufficiently educated or not? In my opinion, far too many people love to blurt out something stupid like "They are all crooks" or "Ah, they're all just in it for themselves" instead of reading a newspaper.

Read the newspaper? Is that where you get your political insight? Not much better.

uglyelk
03-26-2011, 07:45 PM
just answer the question.

If everyone went enie meenie minee moe then who knows what party would be in power.

The brazil nut party?

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ1BzE5OclV08xEfkJoYyn8CeFa_ld1P YKNIXBYWcNciZmIuPfD6Q

http://www.hort.purdue.edu/ext/senior/fruits/images/large/brazilnut.jpg

lilsundance
03-26-2011, 10:51 PM
Sorry folks, all this bickering about a simple question is enough to drive a mod to drinking.:mad0030: Thread closed.