PDA

View Full Version : Bottle return.

mooseknuckle
03-27-2011, 05:04 PM
Any one out there belong to any organizations that still do bottle runs? My count today stopped at 40 bags!! I'm sure there is at least $200 in empties here. And yes I'm far too lazy to take them in. So if any one wants them send me a pm and I'll help load them up. Probably 3-4 half ton loads.

Stumpslayer
03-27-2011, 05:08 PM
Donate to Scouts or Cancer Research< where are you at?

Fish Feathers Game
03-27-2011, 05:11 PM
PM sent

mooseknuckle
03-27-2011, 05:11 PM
Sorry folks I'm in west Edmonton about 3 minutes from the big mall!!

Donating sounds great I just want them out of here it reminds me of just how much I drank this winter and it's giving me the shakes.

New Hunter Okotoks
03-27-2011, 05:12 PM
Donate to Scouts or Cancer Research< where are you at?

I think he is trying to donate them and just wants an organization or kids sports team to pick them up.

Very generous of you Mooseknuckle, some organization will be more than happy to get the help.

mooseknuckle
03-27-2011, 05:15 PM
I think he is trying to donate them and just wants an organization or kids sports team to pick them up.

Very generous of you Mooseknuckle, some organization will be more than happy to get the help.

Yeah that's it!! I was thinking more of "he's a lazy drunk" and has very little motivation.

But yeah last year I believe some girl guides came by but I haven't seen any flyers or had any groups come by asking.

CaberTosser
03-27-2011, 05:31 PM
These days I find it a waste of my time to take them in, the $$ payback is so low for the time invested ( compared to what I'd make at work I the same time frame). Never mind the fact I hate the smelly depot's and the weirdos in them. I don't want the substance abusers trolling the alleys to get them from the recycle bin either, it just continues their cycle. Once I find a kids organization or team coming around; they get 'em.

mooseknuckle
03-27-2011, 05:36 PM
These days I find it a waste of my time to take them in, the $$ payback is so low for the time invested ( compared to what I'd make at work I the same time frame). Never mind the fact I hate the smelly depot's and the weirdos in them. I don't want the substance abusers trolling the alleys to get them from the recycle bin either, it just continues their cycle. Once I find a kids organization or team coming around; they get 'em.

X2 I just don't have the time or energy, but thinking someone could use them. Oh yeah there are 2 empty kegs too!! $30 each so the sticker says. I was thinking of making stools out of them but it's doubtful I ever will. So at the very least it's gas money for someone.

7mm08
03-27-2011, 05:45 PM
Well, we do bottle drives a couple times a year for the army cadets. I know you can take your bottles in any time of the year and choose the recipient for the funds if you dont want them yourself. The cancer society, heart and stroke, or any local charity usually register at local bottle depots.
Just my 2 cents worth

Grizzly Adams
03-27-2011, 05:52 PM

You don't like dealing with Real People ? :lol: I always look on it as an adventure to be savored, like a ride on the C train. My wife bags em and piles them outside our garage access. When I can't get out any more, I know it's time to hit the bottle depot.:lol: Not productive in terms, compared to working, but it funds my little projects, I'd rather not discuss with the wife.:lol: Sizable deposit on bottles is one of those things that helps keep our environment pristine. I gather some places don't have that and suffer accordingly.

Donate them to Scouts ,Girl guides, or Cadets

Grizz

mooseknuckle
03-27-2011, 06:01 PM
You don't like dealing with Real People ? :lol: I always look on it as an adventure to be savored, like a ride on the C train. My wife bags em and piles them outside our garage access. When I can't get out any more, I know it's time to hit the bottle depot.:lol: Not productive in terms, compared to working, but it funds my little projects, I'd rather not discuss with the wife.:lol: Sizable deposit on bottles is one of those things that helps keep our environment pristine. I gather some places don't have that and suffer accordingly.

Donate them to Scouts ,Girl guides, or Cadets

Grizz

Thats the plan Grizz, can't get ahold of anyone today being sunday so I thought I would check with the good folks of AOF!! If I were in Calgary I would be in the driveway loading them up for someone right now. When I lived in Van I would just toss them in the yard and the next morning they were gone.

ghostguy6
03-27-2011, 07:23 PM
Id be happy to take the kegs off your hands. I would love to airbrush something on those :)

mooseknuckle
03-27-2011, 07:31 PM
Id be happy to take the kegs off your hands. I would love to airbrush something on those :)

I think someone is going to take them. If it doesnt pan out I'll let you know. And don't worry the next kegger is April 9th so I'll definately save that one for you. We usually have 6-8 keggers per summer so there will be plenty.

mudbug
03-27-2011, 07:36 PM
if no one takes them send me a pm and my nephews scout group will pick them up :)

Jamie
03-27-2011, 08:29 PM
If you were down here, my kids would be all over them.

They are master bottle pickers.
LOLOLOL

Jamie