PDA

View Full Version : Community Sport Leagues

fallen1817
03-27-2011, 05:16 PM
Hey Everyone,

Just wondering if anyone knows of some Community Leagues/Beer Leagues in the south/south east edmonton area. I'm looking for hockey that doesn't require full padding, or soccer/basketball/football/rugby or whatever. Want to get into something like this, I have never been too serious about sports, so I dont think the True "League" stuff is for me, as I find them really competitive. I love sports, and I'm in pretty good shape and have a good understanding of the rules of most sports, but again, I don't want anything that's too competitive, and won't break the bank.

What kind of league are some of you folks in?

Thanks for the input.

-Jeff

fishnamed
03-27-2011, 08:40 PM
I took up masters lacrosse ten years ago and it is a riot. I am in calgary but i know there is a league in Edmonton, it can get serious, but nothing outrageous, you get the alpha males in any sport but the majority of the guys are just there for the fun. Try looking in the sun as well there is a section in the classifieds ads, good luck.....

Shaggy
03-28-2011, 10:39 AM
Go onto Kijiji on the Communities /groups sections. There are always a lot of postings for teams looking for players.

I know softball teams are getting going right now. Usually just for fun teams that only take the beer drinking seriously. That's what I would look into.

Stay fit and have fun. :sHa_shakeshout: