PDA

View Full Version : Nakamun Today

Jwood 456
03-27-2011, 05:39 PM
Fished Nakamun lake today and fished off of the south side boat launch. Fished there for 2 hours and the action was non stop. The perch were small though it was still fun to catch them. The perch also seemed to be biting 5ft under the ice in 20 fow. PS I hope that doesn't mean the lake is ready to winterkill. I also set up a pike trap with a 6'' herring, though unfortunately no pike hit. Due to circumstances, I could only bring a car so I couldn't bring my hard floor tent or a heater. After two hours of freezing in the wind, I couldn't take it anymore and took off.:scared0018:

Overall, not a bad day IMO.

alodar
03-27-2011, 08:17 PM
Good job buddy did u get any big ones there are a couple In there if you have a tent you can have a better chance of the larger ones

Jwood 456
03-27-2011, 09:27 PM
Well, didn't get any over 6'' though if It wasn't for that crazy cold wind, I may have been able to stay long enough to get a good one or like you said if I had a tent. I should definitely look into getting one of those portable fold a tents for when I can't bring the truck along.

alodar
03-27-2011, 09:29 PM
Well, didn't get any over 6'' though if It wasn't for that crazy cold wind, I may have been able to stay long enough to get a good one or like you said if I had a tent. I should definitely look into getting one of those portable fold a tents for when I can't bring the truck along.

There's a few 1 man quick pop tents for sale on the buy n sell forum they're hella handy I tell ya if u don't have a camera the tent helps millions

Speckle55
03-27-2011, 09:35 PM
yep i have 5 suit case models very nice,, coleman heater if hole is at feet ..put in front.. use your kids sled to get out on ice with auger.. perch fun fun.. fits in car trunk i have older model with seat.. David:)

Jwood 456
03-27-2011, 09:42 PM
That's for sure that the tents make things easier. I remeber fishing Pegasus lake near whitecourt and trying to look down an ice fishing hole and all I could see was pitch black. Then when I got the tent set up, I could see the bottom of the lake 15ft down clearly and could see clouds of whitefish circling my copper wireworm.

BTW thanks for the tips guys. I will definitely look into getting one of those pop up tents.