PDA

View Full Version : GoPro camera on bow

PoorTurtle
03-28-2011, 09:34 AM
Anyone use a GoPro camara on their bow for hunting? I just picked up this sweet camera and can't wait to try it out. It does full HD, water proof to 180ft deep, super wide angle.
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/picture.php?albumid=765&pictureid=2814

pseelk
03-28-2011, 01:46 PM
Cool whats that puppy worth and who sells them?

sheephunter
03-28-2011, 02:17 PM
We just picked up a couple of them...pretty cool technology. Not sure you'd see much at 20 yards but up close the video is unreal.

PoorTurtle
03-28-2011, 02:25 PM
best buy has them. two to pick from 960hd is $200, 1080hd is $350

Big Bull
03-28-2011, 02:25 PM
Cool whats that puppy worth and who sells them?

Picked mine up locally for $350 and also got the LCD backpack(a must in my opinion, as the camera has no viewfinder). I ordered the LCD direct from GoPro in California because they weren't available in Canada yet, but might be by now. Vistek, Best Buy, Future Shop, Jasper Motorcycle Tours, etc. are selling them. I've been reading quite a bit on a GoPro forum, which seems to be more informative than the GoPro site. Updated the firmware on mine and got it to work after a few tries. Now I just need a big dump of snow so I can film some powder skiing!

pseelk
03-28-2011, 02:33 PM
Thanks guys.

High_N_Wide
03-28-2011, 02:46 PM
I have had one for a year or 2 on my helmet snowmobiling and they are very good. I have never seen that mount, where did you get it. I have looked at ways to incorporate it into my bow, but that mount is the ticket!

sheephunter
03-28-2011, 02:51 PM
I have had one for a year or 2 on my helmet snowmobiling and they are very good. I have never seen that mount, where did you get it. I have looked at ways to incorporate it into my bow, but that mount is the ticket!

Check out the gopro site...they offer tons of different mounts.

PoorTurtle
03-28-2011, 02:59 PM
got that mount at best buy $24. its the handle bar mount.

High_N_Wide
03-28-2011, 03:00 PM
Perfect thanks guys, I will practicing with one next time I pull my bow out.

theduke
03-28-2011, 03:04 PM
Using one this Yesr for goose hunting for a different angel while we film gunna be mounted right on the front gunrest bar should be fun

Rockymtnx
03-28-2011, 03:24 PM
We just picked up a couple of them...pretty cool technology. Not sure you'd see much at 20 yards but up close the video is unreal.

I actually have seen some over decoy video and its pretty good. I wouldn't expect its more than 50 yards out though. I know I will be wearing one for all my bird hunts this fall.

Ruko
03-28-2011, 06:40 PM
I have one on my bow as well... I just used one of the stick on mounts and put it on the riser. It works ok but mine is an older camera, not the HD. I have used it when target shooting and you can see the target just fine but it is not clear enough to make out the arrow. I'm sure the HD would give a much better picture. I have never actually got any animal footage with it yet. Every time I have had an animal within bow range I forget all about turning it on :sign0161:

archercurt
03-28-2011, 08:39 PM
Red deer powersports sells them too

209x50
03-29-2011, 11:07 AM
Not on a bow but fun with a GoPro camera. GoPro Vid (http://www.youtube.com/user/OutdoorQuestTV?feature=mhum)

Rockymtnx
03-29-2011, 04:30 PM
Not on a bow but fun with a GoPro camera. GoPro Vid (http://www.youtube.com/user/OutdoorQuestTV?feature=mhum)

Bunch of Hillbillys! ;)

Stinky Coyote
03-29-2011, 04:38 PM
i was just lookin at those after talking with a buddy, i would use the headband mount, i have video of shooting deer and targets with a bow mount and almost hd video camera and you lose things with the vibration at the shot then you have to chase things around with your bow aiming all the time...i think the headband mount would be the way to go for bowhunting

JohnB
04-07-2011, 03:05 PM
I picked my HD 1080p model in Maui last week; $299US and with our dollar a little better my VISA bill was a few dollars less in CND funds. I checked last night at a sports store in GP and they sell for $370. I will also be using mine for spring bear hunting and will use the head band. Sould work great for bird hunting this fall as well.

PoorTurtle
04-08-2011, 09:10 AM
I haven't tried shooting my bow with the head strap mount yet, but I think you will caulk your head to the side to much. I seen video from a I-Kam glasses and it didn't turn out good.

JohnB
04-08-2011, 01:34 PM
I haven't tried shooting my bow with the head strap mount yet, but I think you will caulk your head to the side to much. I seen video from a I-Kam glasses and it didn't turn out good.

Do you mean turn your head to one side or tilt your head (shouldn't be tilting your head to shoot a bow)? Any way you can move the head strap to adjust for both movements. I will have to try this out at the bow range.

Stinky Coyote
04-08-2011, 05:57 PM
i got one now and a bud getting one so will play the gopro game on our hunts too, seen them mounted on guns while searching youtube, a dove hunter with what i'm guess was suction cup mount to side of stock on his nice over under and it was great clip...i'm testing mine all the time, helmet on quad so far, just picked up chest mount also so giving that a shot soon, but i could see having some fun with the handle bar mount on gun barrels...will test it out and see....could be a riot on the semi-auto for certain clips if a guy gets multiple cameras anyhow....one mount i saw a guy make was a skier who had 3 cams on him, one on his ski tip pointed to him, then i think a chest or helmet mount then he had one on a pole he rigged up in a back pack so it was 3' over his head angled down perfectly and the video put together from all three cams over the same run was spectacular....i could see guys getting addicted to these little things.....one might not be enough ;)

the most impressive angles from the ski clip came from the backpack pole mounted camera imo followed by the ski tip mounted cam....the whole gopro thing sure looks like lots of fun though

jayb22
04-11-2011, 08:05 PM
I tested mine out for hunting this year. It seems like it will work good for shots around 15 yards. Here is my sample video I took at the end of one of my hunts. I was shooting at a little tree at the top of the little hill in front of me That hill was 12 yards.

The quality kind of sucks due to photobucket compressing it so much. It also speeds the video up a little bit.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v238/futball22/th_GOPR0008.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v238/futball22/?action=view&current=GOPR0008.mp4)