PDA

View Full Version : I hate Telus

dumoulin
03-28-2011, 10:22 AM
I hate telus. I hope that one day that another company take them down an they burn in hell.:mad0030:

fish_e_o
03-28-2011, 10:25 AM
I hate telus. I hope that one day that another company take them down an they burn in hell.:mad0030:

what happened.. what does the world owe you?

bruceba
03-28-2011, 10:31 AM
Wow a little bitter are we? How's your Monday so far? :)

Alberta Bigbore
03-28-2011, 12:04 PM
I hate Telus Mobility... I'm with Bell now... Loving it....... I hate Shaw for TV and internet.... I like Telus for that.

Grouse Assassin
03-28-2011, 12:06 PM
ive had rogers,bell and now with telus theyre all equally evil why do the americans pay a fraction of what we do for cell service?
im on the road alot and man they just rape me on long distance

fordtruckin
03-28-2011, 12:47 PM
ive had rogers,bell and now with telus theyre all equally evil why do the americans pay a fraction of what we do for cell service?
im on the road alot and man they just rape me on long distance

Cause Canadians will keep paying. It makes no sense to me, When I had Bell, they screwed me, When my wife had Telus they screwed her, when my wife had Rogers they screwed her. Since I've lived in Washington and Montana and have Verizon I don't get any long distance or roaming charges, I can call anyone in the network for free. The only time I get charged big is if I go to Canada, and then I can change my plan and for 60$ more have unlimited in Canada as well. Things could be worse I guess. Imagine paying the prices for fuel they do in Europe. 1$ a Litre sucks enough, some places they are 2 or 3$+.

dumoulin
03-28-2011, 01:12 PM
what happened.. what does the world owe you?

The world doesn't owe me anything, but telus does! I have had so many problems with their service and custumer support...not even funny anymore.

For one, the iPhone I have been using drops calls and takes a long time to connect a call. I miss calls, texts and emails. They keep blaming it on apple software but it's my second phone with the same connection problems. They also blame the sim-chip. They have replaced it twice and reset it as well. When ever I call them to fix the problem they keep brushing me off. If I were in the middle of nowhere, I could see why I would have problems, but I am in the middle of town the antenna is just a few miles away. I plan on getting them to give me a retroactive break on my bill. I doubt they will do anything...

It was explained to me that when a tower is overloaded your call, text, messages are rerouted to another tower, and so on. This makes sense and would explain why I go from full bars to no bars staning still.

Anyhow, I don't see why I have to pay for sh*t service and waist my time jumping through through hoops because they don't want to admit their provided service suck the big one...:mad3:

Rackmastr
03-28-2011, 01:13 PM
I hate Telus Mobility... I'm with Bell now... Loving it....... I hate Shaw for TV and internet.... I like Telus for that.

I am considering making the switch to Bell Mobility from Telus....or at least I'm going to shop both of them to see which is better. My biggest thing will be if I can keep my phone number as I've got several people who know it from years past.

What was the biggest difference you noticed that makes you like Bell so much more?

TrollGRG
03-28-2011, 02:24 PM
"My biggest thing will be if I can keep my phone number"

Yes you can - just be sure to mention it when you close your account and they will hold the number till you get it activated with the new company.

I just switched over to Rogers (I couldn't resist the plan) and the guy from Telus told me he would hold it and why. The first nice thing I can say about Telus.

Big Bull
03-28-2011, 02:52 PM
For one, the iPhone I have been using drops calls and takes a long time to connect a call. I miss calls, texts and emails. They keep blaming it on apple software but it's my second phone with the same connection problems. They also blame the sim-chip. They have replaced it twice and reset it as well. When ever I call them to fix the problem they keep brushing me off. If I were in the middle of nowhere, I could see why I would have problems, but I am in the middle of town the antenna is just a few miles away. I plan on getting them to give me a retroactive break on my bill. I doubt they will do anything...

I went through this with them for over six months - I was loosing my mind wasting all that time on the phone with them. I finally took a picture of my phone with the tower in the background and "No Service" showing on the display. Then one day I saw some guys working on the tower, and since then my phone has been more reliable. I did mention to Telus that they weren't fulfilling their part of the contract, and they gave me 50% for 2 months at a time. But, overall, THEY SUCK!

TreeGuy
03-28-2011, 03:08 PM
Yep, another Telus hater here too. Our landline has been with Rogers for 7 years now, but were informed that this Primus gang was taking over. During the transistion, I called home and got the voice mail saying, "The Telus customer you are trying to reach.....".

Called Shaw 10 minutes later for an increased package for half the cost. They took care of everything. Couldn't be happier.

Kanonfodder
03-28-2011, 03:30 PM
FYI Bell uses telus as their carrier

Badgerbadger
03-28-2011, 04:51 PM
I actually found customer service really helpful today! Must have been a new guy. Name was Steve, I think.

Grouse Assassin
03-28-2011, 05:06 PM
i switched from bell years ago after recieving my telus phone i pulled my rig over placed the bell phone under the tire of my 63,500kg super B and drove over it laughed and took pics with my telus phone. i dont know if bell has improved in the last 4 years or so but thier phones sucked and dropped calls constantly ........i heard a rumor that shaw is going to be getting into the cell service game kinda would be interesting to see how that plays out anybody else hear of this aswell?

xpmarksman
03-28-2011, 05:15 PM
alot of the times its not always the cell phone compagnys its the idiots answering the calls for them

Cattle Dog
03-28-2011, 06:36 PM
Bell is the most arogant of the lot.
Never, ever, as long as i live, do i intend to subscribe to anything with Bell.
Think you guys are making a mistake to go to bell.

My cousin heard a rumor that a person can subscribe to a usa carrier while in northern Montana, and get good coverage in southern alberta: ???

sewerrat
03-28-2011, 08:52 PM
I am considering making the switch to Bell Mobility from Telus....or at least I'm going to shop both of them to see which is better. My biggest thing will be if I can keep my phone number as I've got several people who know it from years past.

What was the biggest difference you noticed that makes you like Bell so much more?

Bell isn't much different either, my work phone is with bell , and everyday I have a few dropped calls, my personal is with Telus and I don't have as much trouble.

fishnut9
03-28-2011, 08:57 PM
I hate telus. I hope that one day that another company take them down an they burn in hell.:mad0030:at least my rants are more in depth than that

chubbdarter
03-28-2011, 09:08 PM
you guys are in trouble when Stang gets back from hawaii

Alberta Bigbore
03-28-2011, 09:39 PM

-Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay less dropped calls

-i havent been getting duplicated incoming text messages

-my applications and GPS on the phone actually work after i cross into Saskatchewan

-Customer service seems a bit better

-Connections seem alot faster.

I have the LG C900B Windows 7 phone.... its great......takes time to get used too....... So glad i didnt go with an iPhone.

Alberta Bigbore
03-28-2011, 09:44 PM
.....forgot to add.....

i was able to keep my number from telus... but i chose to get a new one.

HunterRed
03-28-2011, 10:21 PM
Shaw is in fact going to try and move into the mobile market but we havent heard what platform yet. Bell mobility does use the telus mobility system in parts of Alberta buthave their own equipment as well. Also there are more people in the states paying for the infrastructure which is a big part of why it costs less. If you want a lower bill are you willing to give up what you consider poor service on the highways and country for none?

Mountain Guy
03-29-2011, 10:30 AM
I went through this with them for over six months - I was loosing my mind wasting all that time on the phone with them. I finally took a picture of my phone with the tower in the background and "No Service" showing on the display. Then one day I saw some guys working on the tower, and since then my phone has been more reliable. I did mention to Telus that they weren't fulfilling their part of the contract, and they gave me 50% for 2 months at a time. But, overall, THEY SUCK!

BB, you live in a bad hood. Maybe you should move to the other side of town where there's better cell coverage. :)

Mountain Guy
03-29-2011, 10:31 AM

Go a round or 10 with Bell Xpressview and you'll find Telus to be modern day Saints...

Rackmastr
03-29-2011, 11:10 AM
-Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay less dropped calls

-i havent been getting duplicated incoming text messages

-my applications and GPS on the phone actually work after i cross into Saskatchewan

-Customer service seems a bit better

-Connections seem alot faster.

I have the LG C900B Windows 7 phone.... its great......takes time to get used too....... So glad i didnt go with an iPhone.

Thanks man. I'm going to go in today or tomorrow and shop Telus against Bell and see which I can work out a better deal with. Myself and wife will most likely go the Iphone route. I've got a Mac computer and it seems like everyone who has the Iphone loves it so far. Seems like a good choice. I'd like to ability to use a video phone to communicate with my daughter when I'm travelling for work....gotta look into that.

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
03-29-2011, 12:11 PM
Its to bad you dont like Telus . I use to be with bell when they first came to Alberta . What a joke that was . Bills never came monthly and would offen get a bill 3 or 4 months later for 6 or 700 dollars .

Anyway Today I received a 658 .58 phone bill , Im nearly crapping myself . After saying a few beautiful words , I look at the bill shows I have 460 mb data , im like wtf is that . So I phone them and talk to the nice young lady . She says please wait let me look into this . She comes back and says your phone doesnt have a data plan and what not , so she explained to me a few things . And I told her I had subscription to check my emails as I spend alot of time away from home , and being a business owner you need that contact . So whatever she says let me speak to my supervisor , and she came back they agreed to Credit my phone bill 580 dollars or something , I was off the hook for these Data charges . I had gotten a new phone last month and the lady at the Telus store didnt tell me that my plan was now invalid . So whatever dealt with problem fixed . She also credited my account for this month to as I used my email whenever never worried about it .

So After getting this all squared away and she says lets change your plan , she spent I bet 45 minutes with me to help me out . So ive now got unlimited long distance 600 daytime minutes free texting , call display , larger voicemail box , something about a gigibyte of data , and so on . Sweet , im thinking oh great 150 dollars a month , nope 30 dollars cheeper then my bill before . I tell you I could of nearly kissed the woman .

I thanked her got her name and called back to speak to a manager and told the manager of what great help she went overy and beyond to help me out .

I can honestly say im a very happy Telus customer 11 years and counting now . Since 2000 .

whitetail Junkie
03-29-2011, 12:15 PM

x2,they got me for another 2 years\10 months:scared:

Ken07AOVette
03-29-2011, 12:31 PM
you guys are in trouble when Stang gets back from hawaii

Spoken like a true puddlehead :sHa_sarcasticlol:

sheephunter
03-29-2011, 12:36 PM
I just switched from Bell to Telus on my cell phone and I've actually been very pleased with their service and coverage and cost.

chubbdarter
03-29-2011, 12:48 PM
Spoken like a true puddlehead :sHa_sarcasticlol:

hahahahhahahaahhhhhaahha PUDDLES!!!!

p.s. i moved from Bell to Telus
Bell had too many dead spots near and around Cowtown....dropped calls drove me nuts.
With a 3 year plan the family got 3 blackberrys at no charge...ya i know it hardly free
unlimited usage for connections between family members, long dstance, local , texts and bbm.
unlimited texts
full data plan
250 minutes long distance
300 local minutes
i dont know if thats a good deal...but unless we are under a overpass we dont have dropped calls.
When i went into Telus to buy a new Otter they offered to upgrade my Curve to a new Torch for no charge or plan extension. I would of gone for it but im tech challenged and after a year i just sorta learned how to use the curve. Young lady typed in to their computer that the offer is standing anytime i decide to take them up on it.

3 family members.....1 a gossipy university girl
Total bill for 3 phones....165.00....im ok with that

whitetail Junkie
03-29-2011, 02:31 PM
I just switched from Bell to Telus on my cell phone and I've actually been very pleased with their service and coverage and cost.

I guess the grass aint greener at Bell!!!

I just think that we all hate paying phone bills espicially when I know that my friend in North Dakota has unlimited everything, anytime long distance,call China for 5 hours every day if you want ,and she pays only $40.00 a month no more,no less:mad3:

So Jelous!!

JohninAB
03-29-2011, 04:10 PM
I am with Telus, have been for a long time. Thot of switching to Bell this spring but after dealing with Bell ExpressVu and the Bell mobility people on the phone I stayed with telus. For $125 a month I get unlimited long distance (Canada and US), text messaging, emails, 1 GB of data, 600 anytime minutes.

Works for me.