PDA

View Full Version : Shimano Telescopic Rods

jacenbeers
03-28-2011, 02:49 PM
I was just wondering who else uses these? I broke my rod and reel the other day when I slipped on a rock so I decided to buy one of the telescopic rods that Shimano makes. It is really nice and it comes with a nice case that it fits in. I can put it in a backpack and hike with it quite easily. I asked the salesmen if there are ever problems with them and he said that a few people find that the last piece gets stuck sometimes but I dont think that will be a problem.

ORV
03-28-2011, 03:13 PM
have not seen the shimano one yet.
i used to use them years ago. (not shimano) not the greatest quality but
they were handy when walking a ways thats for sure.
if there,s a tree to ram my rod into i will hit it.lol

orv.

p.s. where did you pick it up?

Okotokian
03-28-2011, 03:19 PM
I've always used multi-piece travel rods. Been a little leery of the telescoping ones, so I've never used one. Maybe it's OK if good quality. Good luck. Give us a review after you've used it a season.

Dust1n
03-28-2011, 05:38 PM
most telescoping rods are crap and i say that with a pasiion because of there lack of structure and most often times there quality. there a great back packing rod though.when space is an issue.

jacenbeers
03-28-2011, 06:24 PM
have not seen the shimano one yet.
i used to use them years ago. (not shimano) not the greatest quality but
they were handy when walking a ways thats for sure.
if there,s a tree to ram my rod into i will hit it.lol

orv.

p.s. where did you pick it up?

I picked it up at Wholesale Sports. I got it for half price with a new reel because that was their deal for the last few days.

It was really awesome when I was using it yesterday. The nice thing is that I can also use it for ice fishing if I only pull out one of the ends.

honda450
03-28-2011, 06:43 PM
OK here is my set up. Dang don't laugh to hard. Always in my quad box with a few flys just in case your quading and see that perfect spot. And in 7 or so years have caught a few nice fish with it and it takes a beating in the quad box. Don't worry I have a good full set up too.

http://i831.photobucket.com/albums/zz234/honda450990/100_0164.jpg

Dust1n
03-28-2011, 07:16 PM
nice spey rod haha i got the same setup bassicly too just not orange lol and its a 5wt