PDA

View Full Version : Gull Lake Gong Show

mulecrazy
03-29-2011, 11:40 AM
Was anyone else out there last weekend? We were at Brownlows on saturday. Fishing was slow but at least we were entertained by everyone getting stuck. I couldn't believe how many people were trying to push the boundaries constantly. Anyone we talked to was either skunked or caught 1 or 2 whitefish. We managed just 1 pike (6lb 11oz), it was a tasty buggar for sure.

JJMorrocco
03-29-2011, 12:33 PM
Was on Gull Friday and everyone walked out. Saturday the heros came out and it was some good watching thats for sure. Everyone worries about getting out and forgets that you have to get back in too, after every other person has rutted or wrecked the trail out.

Oh and just becuase it says 4x4 on your truck doesn't mean you can go everywhere - you need tires to go with it! On my WALK back in one guy with slicks was stuck on the road, I did lend a hand to push once, but they had a bunch more digging to do after that.

cavindish72
03-29-2011, 01:18 PM
we were out on sunday and monday to gull, my daughter and i caught one pike and 1 whitefish, used all sorts of stratagies and depths, seem the barametrical pressure was fluctuating, thats my excuse.We did talk with a fella from calgary and his buddy and himself limitted out on whites sat, and 6 or 7 on sunday using wetaskewans and yellow wire worms, not bated in 6 to 8 fow at brownlows. this was our first trip to Gull and will most likely be back.The access is no doubt poor and in two days it won't matter.