PDA

View Full Version : Any one here work in the financial investment field?

leeaspell
03-29-2011, 02:22 PM
So, The girlfriend is going to edmkonton tonight to do the Canadian Securities Course (CSC) i believe, and she is stressed right out because theres a 2 hour time limit. Just wondering if anyone else has done it recently and if the 2 hours is lots of time for a 100 question test or is it a pretty tight time frame. I know it will be different for everyone but at just a little over a minute per question does not seem to leave much time to think.

gopher
03-29-2011, 03:33 PM
Good luck to her!! I have had a few friends do it they had to upgrade their hi school but did not really have too many problems with it. Everyone I know in that industry makes a good living good luck to you and her if it is multiple choice tell here to pick C worked for me at least a ¼ of the time :test:

geo
03-29-2011, 04:09 PM
I've done CSC... it's not too bad. There is nothing to stress about at this point, the time is up for studying so just make sure she relaxes. That's the key with this stuff. It was far less in depth than I anticipated to be honest, but I wouldn't tell her that just in case there are a few tough questions, don't want to throw anyone off.

There is certainly enough time. I read quick, but was done in less than an hour. Should be no problem.

herc
03-29-2011, 04:28 PM
I did my CSC test about 10 years ago and it was not bad at all. Can't remember how long it took me but i remember having enough time to go over some answers i wasn't 100% on. If she's studied the material she should be fine. Worst thing to do now is stress over time limit. The more she worries about time the less she'll be able to concentrate on the material.

If she's stressed about the CSC then wait till the PFP, Options or Futures tests..... (but don't tell her this last part till she's done) :)