PDA

View Full Version : Jts1 jr

jts1
03-29-2011, 09:24 PM
Well it looks like there will be a little jts1 runing around soon. Dude Im a big kid myself as some of you may know. Guess its time to put the big boy pants on. Any advice for a nervous soon to be father?

chubbdarter
03-29-2011, 09:27 PM
Well it looks like there will be a little jts1 runing around soon. Dude Im a big kid myself as some of you may know. Guess its time to put the big boy pants on. Any advice for a nervous soon to be father?

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!
only advice i can give is GET FIXED before it happens again....kidding..i like some of my kids

hal53
03-29-2011, 09:31 PM
Holy Moly!!!!!....best you can hope for is the baby is happy and healthy....takes after your wife in the looks department...and after you with the work ethic!!!!...other than ....enjoy....you'll learn as you go along...once agin...congrats!!!....special time...
H.

bushnell
03-29-2011, 09:33 PM
Congrats,now sit back relax and enjoy. One more thing don't blink to often because you will miss the little moments.

calgarygringo
03-29-2011, 09:37 PM
I guess you will know how it feels to be on the other side of the fence, "Dad".
and
I guess you will have to get momma comfortable for the summer camping trips.
Fun times are on the way......

Morbius131
03-29-2011, 09:37 PM
Hey JTS1,

Well being a father for 21 days now I have a pretty good idea what you are feeling. I am assuming that it is pretty early in the pregnancy for you and your significant other. You are likely thinking, what have I done :)...Don't worry as you get closer to the birth date things will become more real but you truely won't have any idea or understand how great it is until you get to hold your brand new son or daughter. You are going to have BAD days but you will also have really good ones.

Now for the advice...have your house ready for the baby about a month before the due date. When you have the young one there is no time to finish up house prep. Also have a good weeks worth of dinners and such frozen for easy prep. Other than that get ready and strengthen up your patience because your significant other and child are going to need and test it.

If you need a sounding board let me know.

Congrats!

Morb

flyguyd
03-29-2011, 09:40 PM
Congrats man , strap in and hold on , its a hell of a ride.

Ken07AOVette
03-29-2011, 09:42 PM
You know, if you were home more often I wouldn't have to go keep an eye on your wif.....err I mean

Congratulations buddy!!! :sHa_shakeshout:

chubbdarter
03-29-2011, 09:43 PM
You know, if you were home more often I wouldn't have to go keep an eye on your wif.....err I mean

You been jumping fences again....PUDDLES!!!!!!!!!!!

TreeGuy
03-29-2011, 09:52 PM
Congrats Jts1 and Morb. :)

J, if this is your guys' first, then she's probably more nervous than you are. Be her 'rock' man. It's an amazing, amazing experience. Also, don't say no to the drugs....epis WORK! Good luck.

AB2506
03-29-2011, 09:57 PM
Congratulations! Just imagine all the fun buying guns for when "He/She" is old enough to use them. Great!

CaberTosser
03-29-2011, 10:01 PM
Congrats JTS1!

I'll echo what Morb said, the trick is to make sure Mom is well cared for and healthy as possible. You may encounter a woman you've not met before residing in your wifes body during the pregnancy, so be patient and supportive. Some women breeze through pregnancy normally, with others the hormones can wreak havoc. Some may get angry and emotional; my wife was different, but mostly just sad/weepy/worried and a tad irrational. It goes away; and really we fellows don't have a pile to complain about; we don't have a large foreign object kicking us in the spleen from the inside.

After Jr is born, you're gonna have seemingly endless errands to run. You'll find some things you bought for baby supplies remain unused. Make sure to set some boundaries and time for the 3 of you when baby arrives, there will be lots of people eager to meet the little one; and it can be overwhelming.

That being said; it's awesome! You're gonna become a pregnancy expert and then a Dad. Whittle away at that name list, it can be quite a chore selecting.

For a boy, I suggest Stuart ;)

Regards, Stuart

dumoulin
03-29-2011, 10:01 PM
Hey! Congrats!!! BTW, enjoy full nights sleep before the baby is born. You will never get one again...you think I'm kidding! Hahahaha.... :scared:

horsetrader
03-29-2011, 10:05 PM

Congrates and buy some more tackle start him or her early

Geezle
03-29-2011, 10:23 PM
Wooooooo!! Congrats jts1 and mrsjts1! :sHa_shakeshout:

curteck
03-29-2011, 10:47 PM
cograts from what I have seen and heard on this forum I beleive that the new addition will be in great hands as for pointers...try never to miss a minute with them they grow way to fast...enjoy

CaberTosser
03-29-2011, 10:55 PM

If your Mrs needs an epidural just to get by passing juniors hands, Ken has some 'splainin to do:sHa_sarcasticlol:

Erik
03-29-2011, 11:04 PM
Congrats!

Just had one myself. Either take paternity leave or bank some holidays and use them for the first six weeks. Rest is sparse and your wife will need support most critically in those weeks.

jts1
03-29-2011, 11:07 PM

Huh.... I need to do somre sighting in soon.. Wana come hold some targets for me....:fighting0030:

Congrats Jts1 and Morb. :)

J, if this is your guys' first, then she's probably more nervous than you are. Be her 'rock' man. It's an amazing, amazing experience. Also, don't say no to the drugs....epis WORK! Good luck.

Do you realy think they will give me one?? :scared0015:

Thanx everyone I really dont have a clue what to do. BUT I do know what not to do... So thats a start I guess. And not to worry this little guy will be outfishing all of us in no time...

jts1
03-29-2011, 11:08 PM
Congrats!

Just had one myself. Either take paternity leave or bank some holidays and use them for the first six weeks. Rest is sparse and your wife will need support most critically in those weeks.

I work 5 on 5 off then 4 on and 4 off so lots of time. Got to love plant operators....

lucky_magic_stick
03-29-2011, 11:45 PM
Congrats to the jts's Jeff you'll be a great dad I'm sure,when is the due date ??? Cheers Andy

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
03-29-2011, 11:46 PM
Jeff and Lindsey Congratulations to you both , Jeff remind me I owe ya a cigar my other brother from another mother . If there's any doubt in my mind you'll be a great Father Jeff .

Alberta Bigbore
03-30-2011, 12:05 AM
Congrats ! they get easier by the fifth one!

jts1
03-30-2011, 12:08 AM
THE 5TH ONE !!!! :snapoutofit:

Grouse Assassin
03-30-2011, 12:15 AM
Hey! Congrats!!! BTW, enjoy full nights sleep before the baby is born. You will never get one again...you think I'm kidding! Hahahaha.... :scared:

Congrats!!!!! and he speaks the truth!!!!!! hahaha

pottymouth
03-30-2011, 12:15 AM
Congrats, greatest feeling ever ! Enjoy it. Don't stress, when the time comes you'll know exactly what to do !

Ruger1022
03-30-2011, 12:26 AM
I work 5 on 5 off then 4 on and 4 off so lots of time. Got to love plant operators....

Hey Jts1

The best thing that has ever happend to my hands down are my lil munckins, there love for their daddy is unmatched!!

I have two girls ages 3 and 0, I work 5 on 5 off and man you will save alot of money daycare if you require it!! It really would help if you have help Grandmas and Grandpas. For me and the wife its not an option as both grandparents are out of province.Lucky for me I work for an airline and my three year old just got back two days ago from the outlaws. It was her 66th plane ride!! lucky her..lol

That being said, its a big life changer,..!! but in all honesty I still do most of the stuff I used to do but the girls tag along!! for instance Friday I am going Snowboarding, I am going to norquay because you can pay by the hour so the three year old will come out with me till she gets tired. The she will go in the lodge with mom for an hour or two while dad goes and shreads!!

soon you will start some threads like mine

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=58738

Also if your in the Calgary area feel free to shoot me a PM if you need anything, or just to get the kids outside. It way better if there are more kids!!
That goes for anyone with kids on here!!

Anyway goodluck,

-Ron-

Kingfisher
03-30-2011, 12:52 AM
Congratulations to you both.

Hmmmmmm lets see how long ago were we fishing at Spray? Well at least we know where the kid was concieved. :shake2::cheers:

Jts1
Thanx everyone I really dont have a clue what to do. BUT I do know what not to do... So thats a start I guess. And not to worry this little guy will be outfishing all of us in no time...

First of all buddy. I think you've done enough already. Your hard part is over. :sHa_shakeshout: Pun intended.

Actually the real fun part starts when she's about at the 7 month time. She will want nothing to do with you. Nothing do do with the kid. She will just want it over with. Then when the kid is born you both will be a little shell shot. You will get more advice than you ever imagined from people you have never imagined. Most of it will be genuine and honest. So listen to the people around you. Even your parents and inlaws. Ya believe it or not they just may know a thing or two about raising a kid. You don't always have to do what people say. After all it is your kid. BUT certainly do listen to the advice.

First of all go to Chapters tomorrow and get the book What To Expect When Your Expecting. That will be a great start.

http://img.amazon.ca/images/I/5156XAF3Y4L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Congrats again you 2.

Rob

flygirrl
03-30-2011, 07:02 AM
Congrats Jeff and Lindsay, You both will make great parents....

Krista
03-30-2011, 07:16 AM
Here is another good book..Not so much the medical side..Fun to read :)

http://ebooks-imgs.connect.com/product/400/000/000/000/000/050/046/400000000000000050046_s4.jpg

iliketrout
03-30-2011, 08:21 AM
Congrats Jeff and Lyndsey! Just don't tell my wife :scared0018:

Kingfisher's choice of emoticon was priceless! Sounds like it fits the bill:

:shake2:

mooseknuckle
03-30-2011, 09:18 AM
Congrats JTS thats awesome!! I would say the most important thing I've learned (6yr old girl, 2yr old twin boys) is patience.

The cool part for me is the 3 fishing partners I've gained, I've yet to hear NO from the wife when I say I'm going to take the kids out to the lake for the day why don't you stay home or go to the spa and relax.

Al the best to your gal, I hope everything goes smooth for her, just do as she says and you'll get out in one piece.

Again congrats

The Fisherman Guy
03-30-2011, 09:19 AM
Jeff: Great job man!! Lindsay: Can you say blackmail? Didn't you want a new Audi?? ;)

Congratulations to you both!

nicemustang
03-30-2011, 01:11 PM
Congrats jts family...now joining the cool club. Adam, you aren't far behind :)

iliketrout
03-30-2011, 01:25 PM

Ughh, don't say that. Not ready yet:scared0015:

u_cant_rope_the_wind
03-30-2011, 01:31 PM
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!
only advice i can give is GET FIXED before it happens again....kidding..i like some of my kids

X2
find a DR with a sharp knife and a bottle of kreoline:sHa_shakeshout:

fishstix
03-30-2011, 03:47 PM
pre cook some meals...you'll have no time after the baby comes. The first bit is like a whirlwind.

BobLoblaw
03-30-2011, 05:20 PM
Congrats man , strap in and hold on , its a hell of a ride.

I believe that's what got Jeff into this sitchy-ation in the first place...:)

WayneChristie
03-30-2011, 05:32 PM
Congratulations Jeff and Lyndsay!!!! and since you filmed me landing my big fish this winter, I think I should repay the favour and be there with you guys so I can film you landing yours :sHa_sarcasticlol: please dont reach as far down the hole as I had to tho!!!!!:scared0018:

jts1
03-30-2011, 05:42 PM
Wayne Wayne Wayne. You just sad cause I use BIGGER bait than you do

mulecrazy
03-30-2011, 06:03 PM
Congrats man!!! If you guys are pretty early in the pregnancy it looks like you did the same thing as me last year.... My first was born Nov 1st last fall:sign0161: I always said I never wanted a hunting season baby, I just didn't think it could happen that fast. Like it was already mentioned, get the room ready a month in advance. When the baby comes it will be crazy for about the first month, constant visitors. Don't be scared to tell visiting family to make their own meal or bring something with them. The last thing your wife should have to do is entertain. I am a plant operator as well and was able to take a couple weeks off after the birth. I recommend that for sure. I have a great boss and he came in at 2AM to cover the rest of my night shifts when she went into labour. We used a midwife which was great, they have a lot of ways to help your wife cope with the labour, and help the man out as well. We planned on having a home birth but complications due to a crazy long labour had us heading to the hospital at the last minute. If you don't want a midwife, a doula (labour coach) would be great. It is great for both you or your wife.

Good Luck, and get ready for the mood swings. lol:)

FishBrain
03-30-2011, 10:32 PM
AWESOME!!!, Congrats Buddy!!!
Great News, Kids are awesome

FishBrain
03-30-2011, 10:33 PM

Comon Adam, your getting old you know, this is good advise

jts1
03-30-2011, 11:49 PM
Ya Adam I am going to bring my wife over to your house. She will hang around with your wife and you will see. The bug will be planted. Next thing you know me , you, Mustang are doing play dates at chucky cheese. :sHa_sarcasticlol:

baitfisher83
03-31-2011, 08:53 AM
Congrats...suddenly i'm tempted to go fishing for camo baby clothing....

tonyflyfish
03-31-2011, 02:52 PM
Congrats! I now know what Rob and I heard in Canmore!

t

Kingfisher
04-01-2011, 03:09 AM
Ode To a Canmore Baby

We had just settled down for a long winter's nap,
Getting ready for fishing in the Alberta cold snap,
When up on the roof there arose such a clatter,
I sprang from the couch to see what was the matter.
Away to the window I flew like a flash,
I heard the sound again, this time it was a moan.
I heard it from upstairs where I was not go'n.

The dog was whining, she wanted out for a poo.
The neighbors were banging on the wall for an hour or two,
The sounds they were sure, that they heard it too.
Although Jeff was drunk and Lindsay was too.
They both were oblivous to the rest of the crew.
He said something's coming.
We all hoped it was soon.
That hour long marathon,
was wearing us out.
Just listening to them was enough of a workout.

5 months later and here we are now.
A baby on the horrison.
And who's is it now?
Yes why of course, it's a Canmore baby,
From Superman's and his gal.

http://www.funxite.com/media/1186-superman-msn-background.jpg

Rob

jts1
04-01-2011, 08:54 AM
LOL a poet huh. Who knew.

FishingMOM
08-05-2011, 09:14 AM
Jeff,

Any updates on how the baby is coming along?
Last I heard we didnt know if you were having a son or daughter yet.
How has the MRS been coping in the heat?
You're past the half way point already are you not?

Mrsjts1
08-05-2011, 09:22 AM
Baby is fine. We will be 23 weeks on Monday.
And I will let JTS share the news of the sex if he wishes to.....