PDA

View Full Version : Tree Huggers Unite

Winch101
03-30-2011, 07:06 AM
The CBC drivel , how say you Green party in or out ....

Obviously the powers that be made a mistake letting this

organic hag in the debate between leaders. Their platform is really pathetic

and so unreal , I think we can live without it....

Okotokian
03-30-2011, 09:23 AM
Whether their platform is irrelevant or not is beside the point IMHO. I think the issue is that you should at least have a certain number of seats to get an invite to the Leaders Debate.

That said, Elizabeth May in the English language debate makes more sense the Gilles Ducceppe....

While I don't see myself voting Green anytime soon (or ever?), I'd vote Green before I'd vote NDP. I bet I'm not the only one here that would.

Matt L.
03-30-2011, 09:29 AM
I'd vote damn near anything before NDP

uglyelk
03-30-2011, 09:32 AM
I'd vote Green before I'd vote NDP. I bet I'm not the only one here that would.

Oki to many good folks fought and died to allow me a say so I'd not throw my vote away on either party.

Speaking English isn't much of an accomplishment, so if that's May's only qualification I'd exclude her from the debate. I bet you the folks in the old magic carpet party spoke english too. Should they be allowed at the debate? Lets get rid of the lunitic fringe in politics.

uglyelk
03-30-2011, 09:44 AM
http://bp3.blogger.com/_1sBPtDd4cws/R3lU8kUGXwI/AAAAAAAAAYE/nOciFdFOLk8/s400/2006-09-02.jpg

We should just strap Layton to the wing of an F18 and drop him on Libya!

npbra
03-30-2011, 09:49 AM
May and the Bloc leader should not be allowed to particpate in the leaders debate. May has no seats and is a fringe party, and the Bloc are not a true federal party. Running candidates in only one province does not entitle them to be part of the debate.
The above noted opinions are those of a born and raised redneck Albertan.

6.5 shooter
03-30-2011, 09:59 AM
May and the Bloc leader should not be allowed to particpate in the leaders debate. May has no seats and is a fringe party, and the Bloc are not a true federal party. Running candidates in only one province does not entitle them to be part of the debate.
The above noted opinions are those of a born and raised redneck Albertan.

I agree 100%

Okotokian
03-30-2011, 09:59 AM
Speaking English isn't much of an accomplishment, so if that's May's only qualification I'd exclude her from the debate. I bet you the folks in the old magic carpet party spoke english too. Should they be allowed at the debate? Lets get rid of the lunitic fringe in politics.

Missed my point completely. I wasn't commenting on May's suitability. I was commenting on the Bloc leader's unsuitability. His party isn't running candidates outside Quebec and he has no desire to serve Anglophone Quebecers. He doesn't need to be in the English debate. My dog has more credibility in the English debate than him.... no wait, he's a Brittany... But not a French Brittany!!!!!!!! so he's OK.

Redfrog
03-30-2011, 10:19 AM
Speaking of a dog's credability.:thinking-006: A few years ago I was headed to a retriever trial when I developed alternator trouble. I managed to limp into a rural gas station. When it opened a long haired dope smoking 'mother earth' type stoner came out and said "hey man what's happening."

I told him and as he walked behind our vehicle, my dog, who was crated, went ballistic.:sHa_shakeshout: Stoner yelled at me 'Hey man! you got a dog in the back of your car"

I think he was a ex detective, cause he only had one clue and figured that out immediately.:thinking-006:

He asked about the dog and I told him I was headed to Vernon for a trial. "What do you mean" The little devil on my shoulder said 'Go for it. IT will be sooo easy"

I surrendered to the temptation and explained to stoner that a dog had killed several sheep and my dog was needed to testify. "Really?"

"Yep he's the only dog in Canada recognized, certified and licensed by the RCMP to testify in criminal proceedings against a dog."

By now stoner was just about giddy at the thought of being this close to such a celebrity. He went back into the living quarters and got his other brother Darrell out to see the testifying dog.

Darrell asked me what was gonna happen to the sheep killer. I said they would likely hang him.:thinking-006:

Jwood 456
03-30-2011, 04:29 PM
Whether their platform is irrelevant or not is beside the point IMHO. I think the issue is that you should at least have a certain number of seats to get an invite to the Leaders Debate.

That said, Elizabeth May in the English language debate makes more sense the Gilles Ducceppe....

While I don't see myself voting Green anytime soon (or ever?), I'd vote Green before I'd vote NDP. I bet I'm not the only one here that would.

X2. I'd vote the greens any day before NDP and especially before the Liberals.

220swifty
03-30-2011, 04:42 PM
The Greens ran 303 candidates last election, the BQ ran 75. I think May has more of a right to be there than Duceppe.

That being said, do you think if the BQ ran in Alberta, with there only platform being seperation, do you think they could get a seat or two?

Okotokian
03-30-2011, 04:45 PM
The Greens ran 303 candidates last election, the BQ ran 75. I think May has more of a right to be there than Duceppe.

That being said, do you think if the BQ ran in Alberta, with there only platform being seperation, do you think they could get a seat or two?

LOL I bet they would get a ton of seats. LOL

220swifty
03-30-2011, 04:49 PM
LOL I bet they would get a ton of seats. LOL

Toss em a majority on the premise that they get it done and get out in a year, and then our second choice on the ballot takes over. Conservative majority that no longer has to pander to Quebec, and has enough votes in the west that Ontario has to put up and shut up.

Utopia

Redfrog
03-30-2011, 06:29 PM
I just can't understand how the Bloc can get a dime from the FEDs. As far as Maggie may goes, she has come a long way since the last election. She now has a hairbrush. It will be interesting to see what the green party will be when it ripens.:thinking-006:

Lonnie
03-30-2011, 07:41 PM
I'd vote damn near anything before NDP

It depends on who is leading the party and where thier going I never thuoght that I would vote pc and I don't like harper very much. but like they say he is the lesser of the evils out there.

wwbirds
03-30-2011, 07:50 PM
I think you are related to my brother Darryl.
Many years ago he picked up a stoner on way to northern ontario for a fishing trip.
He used to pay for his trips by transporting many boxes of bait worms to the distributor in North Bay.
When the stoned hitch hiker asked what was in the boxes in the back of the van my brother told him dew woms. the stoner asked 'what for?" so Darryl told him they were ground up and used by McDonalds for their burgers.

Jwood 456
03-30-2011, 08:39 PM
It depends on who is leading the party and where thier going I never thuoght that I would vote pc and I don't like harper very much. but like they say he is the lesser of the evils out there.

X2. I dont like like some of Harper's governmental actions but, I would much rather want him to stay in power instead of the gun registration loving liberals coming back into power.

Lonnie
03-30-2011, 09:20 PM
X2. I dont like like some of Harper's governmental actions but, I would much rather want him to stay in power instead of the gun registration loving liberals coming back into power.

the the registration thing is part of why I voting PC

silver
03-31-2011, 05:10 AM
I have no problem with the Bloc being in the french debate, but there is no need for them to be in the English debate. Running a full slate of candidates is nice, but there should be at least one sitting member and preferably more to get into the debates.

Grizzly Adams
03-31-2011, 07:56 AM
I just can't understand how the Bloc can get a dime from the FEDs. As far as Maggie may goes, she has come a long way since the last election. She now has a hairbrush. It will be interesting to see what the green party will be when it ripens.:thinking-006:

Thank John the Cretin. He came up with the idea of funding parties from federal coffers. The Bloc would be a minor player without that money. Reminds me of a thing I saw on a German web site. Vast majority of Germans want Green Power, but only a tiny few, are prepared to pay extra for it.:lol:

Grizz

Okotokian
03-31-2011, 10:12 AM
It will be interesting to see what the green party will be when it ripens.:thinking-006:

That's a good point. The party here is new and, I think, fairly radical. However, green parties in Europe have had a taste of sharing power or weilding influence for a while and I don't think theyve shut down all the nuke plants and forced everyone to go vegan. Having to actually be responsible sometimes does that to a person or a party.

Do you think it would be possible to ever have an environentally responsible/active party on the RIGHT? By that I mean one that believed in free enterprise, low taxes, judicious public spending, and was against social engineering, and was yet adamant about protecting our air, water, and land for future generations, not simply letting corporations monitor and regulate themselves? Possible?

sjd
03-31-2011, 11:29 AM
Absolutely, Okie, protecting the environment isn't/shouldn't be a left/wing issue.

http://www.science20.com/endless_forms_most_beautiful/blog/there_red_environmentalism_and_blue_environmentali sm-59964

I actually think Harper would have had a majority locked 5 years ago if he was a little more mainstream on environmental issues (aka gave the appearance of giving a %^%). I think it is the Cons achilles heel and I'm suprised their strategists haven't figured this out.

Jwood 456
03-31-2011, 02:03 PM

To add to that, there is just something weird about Ignatiaf's face expression that looks very snakeish.

dgl1948
03-31-2011, 09:40 PM
The Greens ran 303 candidates last election, the BQ ran 75. I think May has more of a right to be there than Duceppe

X2

Also if you want a PC majority let her debate. She is only going to take votes from the Liberals and NDP.