PDA

View Full Version : Seat covers for dog shedding

moosemad
03-30-2011, 06:37 PM
Anyone know of a good easy to clean set of seat covers that won't hold dog hair like it's still attached to the dog? Getting tired of spending so much time pulling dog fur off my seats only to have it reappear after a 15 minute drive. Pulled off enough today to make another dog.:angry3: And yes I've thought about shaving them but my better half is against that idea, thanks.

Redfrog
03-30-2011, 06:44 PM
You could buy a roll of poly at Home depot for cheap. :thinking-006:

What kind of vehicle? If it's a car, it's probably easier to vacuum the trunk.:thinking-006:

If it's a truck, get a crate. I do. When I wash my truck. I wash the crate.

Vacuum the dog daily.

What breed of dog?

MrDave
03-30-2011, 07:02 PM
I use a sheet. Stab a hole threw it for the seat buckle. Take it out shake it off.

BigBuck$
03-30-2011, 07:23 PM
http://www.cabelas.com/product/Deluxe-Bolstered-Seat-Cover/728959.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch.cmd%3Fform_state%3D searchForm%26N%3D0%26fsch%3Dtrue%26Ntk%3DAllProduc ts%26Ntt%3Dseat%2Bcover%26x%3D9%26y%3D10%26WTz_l%3 DHeader%253BSearch-All%2BProducts%253BSearch-All%2BProducts&Ntt=seat+cover&WTz_l=Header%3BSearch-All+Products%3BSearch-All+Products

These look neat.

moosemad
03-30-2011, 07:51 PM
You could buy a roll of poly at Home depot for cheap. :thinking-006:

What kind of vehicle? If it's a car, it's probably easier to vacuum the trunk.:thinking-006:

If it's a truck, get a crate. I do. When I wash my truck. I wash the crate.

Vacuum the dog daily.

What breed of dog?

It's a 95 Chev 1/2 ton extended cab, the violator is a german shepard who seems to shed year round no matter what the weather is like. My jack russel is just along for the ride (very little shedding). If your talking about a crate in the box of the truck my wife would kill me, the dogs are part of the family and ride inside. I would have to get a cowboy in to hog tie the shepard to get anywhere near him with a vacuum cleaner, thats why I'm thinking seat covers.
I tried the sheet idea Dave but it always seems to end up in a ball on the floor before I get where I'm going.
May have to check out Bigbucks idea at Cabela's.

horsetrader
03-30-2011, 08:07 PM
Anyone know of a good easy to clean set of seat covers that won't hold dog hair like it's still attached to the dog? Getting tired of spending so much time pulling dog fur off my seats only to have it reappear after a 15 minute drive. Pulled off enough today to make another dog.:angry3: And yes I've thought about shaving them but my better half is against that idea, thanks.

Get a normal set of seat covers take them off when they get full of hair shack them out some then put them in the dryer set on no heat let run 10 to 15 min. hair will end up in lint trap.If you want throw in a softener sheet

ksteed17
03-30-2011, 08:08 PM
marathon seat covers! best money youll ever spend

harryones
03-30-2011, 08:37 PM
^^^^X2

thumper
03-30-2011, 09:10 PM
Crappy Tire sells a truck rear bench seat cover for $20.00 I think it's nylon - says dog hair just shakes off of it!