PDA

View Full Version : found immigration papers from 1950

kokanee83
03-30-2011, 07:06 PM
I was puttering around im my garage this weekend and found immigration papers from june 14 1950 for a man, his wife and child as well as his brother, brothers wife and their two sons. I did the whole 411 thing to see if theres any family in calgary so I could return them but nothing i figure if there is still family here seems to me like its something they would like to have. I dont wanna throw them out seems like its a big part of someones history I also did the 411 search in italy and theres alot of people with the same last name as them im not calling them all. What would you guys do with them? There are three letters one is the approval letter for the whole family.

IR_mike
03-30-2011, 07:09 PM
Google search with a combination of names and locations, IE names from document/calgary?

CaberTosser
03-30-2011, 07:11 PM
I would try contacting the local Italian club, if the people aren't members there, it's a decent bet someone there might know them, particularly the old-timers.

eastcoast
03-30-2011, 07:21 PM
go to a restaurant and listen for the loudest people there with grey hair and ask them.

greylynx
03-30-2011, 07:38 PM
go to a restaurant and listen for the loudest people there with grey hair and ask them.

No No

They were from Italy, not Newfoundland.

Grizzly Adams
03-30-2011, 08:27 PM
I would try contacting the local Italian club, if the people aren't members there, it's a decent bet someone there might know them, particularly the old-timers.

Pretty small world for immigrants, in those days. Might have some luck there.

Grizz

Lefty-Canuck
03-30-2011, 08:29 PM
No No

They were from Italy, not Newfoundland.

^^^^^
Pure gold right there:sHa_shakeshout:

Rockymtnx
03-30-2011, 08:40 PM
Try searching the child on Facebook.
It's a small chance, but the child could be a high tech middle age person now with a Facebook account.

buckmaster
03-30-2011, 08:44 PM
Are the last names Gambino or Rizzuto ? I may know them !

kokanee83
03-30-2011, 08:46 PM
So i ended up finding out he passed away years ago but his wife just passed away in feb. There is an online obituary where you can post condolances and such. Would it be out of line to leave a message telling them what i have and i would be happy to send it to them. I do not want to be disrespectful but not one of the names i have found are listed in any canadian phone book. What would you do now

Albertadiver
03-30-2011, 08:56 PM
So i ended up finding out he passed away years ago but his wife just passed away in feb. There is an online obituary where you can post condolances and such. Would it be out of line to leave a message telling them what i have and i would be happy to send it to them. I do not want to be disrespectful but not one of the names i have found are listed in any canadian phone book. What would you do now

That's exactly how I got in touch with the family of an individual who passed. Just make the post polite, something like you found this notice online, have some documents that belonged to them, and leave an email address to be contacted at.

I posted a thread about my experiance....
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=31800