PDA

View Full Version : Liberal Candidate with a criminal past?

bobby2unes
03-30-2011, 07:35 PM
Does anyone know if having a criminal record not permit a person from running for federal office? A certain Liberal candidate from Edmonton Millwoods-Beaumont may have some explaining to do.

Ryry4
03-30-2011, 07:52 PM
I don't think so. Seems to me there was a liberal in Ottawa during Creitiens reign of terror that had been previously locked up for robbery. Can't remember the details though.

220swifty
03-30-2011, 07:59 PM
I am not sure of eligibility requirements, but apparently there is a stink being raised about the Edmonton-Strathcona Conservative candidate. Apparently his aide is "under investigation". If an aide being investigated is newsworthy, why not a candidate himself with a criminal past. Let the news agencies know if you know something.

NoKlu
03-30-2011, 09:56 PM
I thought a criminal record was a requirement to run these days. :confused0024:

densa44
03-30-2011, 10:42 PM
Most of the people in the senate have been in jail or should be. Our only member of the titled aristocracy Lord Black of Cross Harbour is in the slammer in the U.S.

The way democracy works, if there is a free press the people can vote for whom ever they like.

Sir John A. MacDonald, after getting sick on the stage during an election stop in Kingston, jumped up and grabbed the lectern and said "the people would rather have Sir John drunk than George Brown sober" and he was right.

That's how democracy works. You've got to vote to get the benefits of the theory.