PDA

View Full Version : anyone travel to San jose Cali area with a truck?

crunchiespg
03-30-2011, 09:21 PM
im looking to buy an engine for a classic vespa scooter from a guy in San jose California.

its pretty small and only weighs 70lbs or so, but shipping could turn into a nightmare.

im posting here on the off chance someone is driving to that area anytime soon and would have space to throw it in the back of their truck..

obviously beer tokens or other rewards would be gratefully given.

thanks

canuck
03-30-2011, 11:08 PM
im looking to buy an engine for a classic vespa scooter from a guy in San jose California.

its pretty small and only weighs 70lbs or so, but shipping could turn into a nightmare.

im posting here on the off chance someone is driving to that area anytime soon and would have space to throw it in the back of their truck..

obviously beer tokens or other rewards would be gratefully given.

thanks

Too bad this wasn't posted a week or two back - my folks are on thier way back from Arizona as we type and Dad always has room for goodies in his "tickle trunk"!
Maybe next time?

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
03-30-2011, 11:46 PM
Shipping shouldnt be to bad , I just bought a bunch of materials for my business 4 boxes 125 lbs , I was charged 87 dollars for shipping plus 45 for duty . Shipped by UPS .

Tundra Monkey
03-31-2011, 12:55 AM
Shipped by UPS .

Ballsy move :scared:

USPS Ground all the way :)

tm

crunchiespg
03-31-2011, 08:07 AM
Ballsy move :scared:

USPS Ground all the way :)

tm

According to the USPS online price calculator for 70lbs in a 16x16x16 inch box they want $580

crunchiespg
03-31-2011, 08:08 AM
Shipping shouldnt be to bad , I just bought a bunch of materials for my business 4 boxes 125 lbs , I was charged 87 dollars for shipping plus 45 for duty . Shipped by UPS .

Hmm. When I checked the ups online calculator it came to a lot more than that. I'll try again.

Lefty-Canuck
03-31-2011, 08:10 AM

Doesn't UPS nail you with brokerage fees at time of delivery?

Lefty

crunchiespg
04-01-2011, 08:21 AM
Doesn't UPS nail you with brokerage fees at time of delivery?

Lefty

Normally they do yes.

That's why I'm hesitant to ship it cross border. Quickly turns $100 shipping into $250.

I might have found a partial solution. Ship it to my dads companies office in Utah then wait for the next time they bring a truck up to Calgary from there and throw it on with the rest of the stuff.

TheClash
04-01-2011, 08:35 AM
or ship it to at the border storage in sweetgrass

BallCoeff.435
04-01-2011, 12:41 PM
Not that I'd be in with that crowd, but there's a bunch of Vespa types which seem to meet at the coffee shop on 17th and 9th street /Calgary in the summer, Tues evgs I think. Maybe one of them wants to chop out an old model or sell it for parts. Might save you some trouble & $.

crunchiespg
04-01-2011, 12:45 PM
Not that I'd be in with that crowd, but there's a bunch of Vespa types which seem to meet at the coffee shop on 17th and 9th street /Calgary in the summer, Tues evgs I think. Maybe one of them wants to chop out an old model or sell it for parts. Might save you some trouble & $.
this engine was never sold in canada. its a modern 200cc 2 stroke engine for vespa's, still brand new in the crate. i know of those guys, and i dont think any would have this engine, and if they did they would never sell. they are like rocking horse ****! any geared vespas sold in the last 20 years in canada (all 400 of them) had the 150 engine, which is to put it bluntly, crap. hence the change to the 200.
thanks for the tip though.

ive sorted it now. $35 to ship it to utah, and then it will get a free ride up here on the next semi load of stuff delivered to calgary!