PDA

View Full Version : Corb Lund live in Longview

The Fisherman Guy
03-31-2011, 09:25 AM
Did anyone catch the show last night at the East Longview Hall?

We had dinner at the Longview Steakhouse before, along with many other folks who we ran into at the show. If you haven't been to the Longview Steakhouse before, you are missing out. The food is absolutely incredible.

We pulled in to the muddy parking lot of pickup trucks a little late, but were lucky to have 4 seats waiting for us. Thanks Craig :)

Spectacular show, hands down the best small venue show I have been to yet. Terry Grant showed up, and I kept my eye peeled for Ian Tyson but the word on the dusty street is he will be attending tonight. Corb is playing three shows in Longview; Last night was the first, then tonight and another on Saturday. All three shows sold out very quickly I am sorry to report.

If you have tickets to one of the other two shows, you will not be dissapointed!
http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m568/thefishermanguy/photo-1.jpg?t=1301584928
On a strangely ironic note...
On the way back to town we thought we would try short cutting down the river ford North of Black Diamond. Just as we pulled up to the Road Closed sign, there was a frantic waving of arms from a beast of a guy in a red jacket. He tried the river crossing, and sunk his red dually...right down to the dif...The truck got stuck...
I dug out the tow rope, and we tried our best to haul him out. After many tries, we finally succeeded. We laughed our way all the way back to town; that made our night complete!

JimPS
03-31-2011, 09:36 AM
Caught Corby a few years ago "live" at the Beaupre Hall.
Always thought it would be pretty awesome to see him and Tyson together in a small hall.
If Tyson shows up on Saturday night - hope the tape recorder is running - that would make an awesome live record.

- Jim

countrykid
03-31-2011, 09:38 AM
You sir, are a lucky fellow! I have yet to see Corb in concert... :angry3:

Duk Dog
03-31-2011, 09:55 AM
Looking forward to seeing him. We've seen Ian there for years now and always great shows. A few years back Corb showed up at one of Ian's shows which was pretty neat to see.

steve
03-31-2011, 09:57 AM
awesome stuff. Good ol' corby.

fordtruckin
03-31-2011, 10:22 AM
I saw Corb in Bozeman back in Feburary. Great Show! By far one the second best concert I have ever been to!!

Piker
03-31-2011, 10:23 AM
He will be playing a benefit at the Oilmens Club in Taber Sunday night for his neice who has cancer. I dont know if there are any seats left. Its a pretty small venue, Piker

spot and stock
03-31-2011, 11:06 AM
Quiet the Longview Steakhouse is a hidden secret. Too many find out them prices will go through the roof. Just kidding it is great, anyone heading through town should for sure stop in. Corb is awesome too once had a beer with him in Turner Valley haha, deffinately an old hand.

tommyguitar
03-31-2011, 11:10 AM
Huge fan of Corb, seen him 3 times and hope to pick with him someday, thanks for sharing the story.
Tom

freejoe
03-31-2011, 11:15 AM
I will be seeing him Sunday in Taber, should be good

Big Bull
03-31-2011, 12:53 PM
On the way back to town we thought we would try short cutting down the river ford North of Black Diamond. Just as we pulled up to the Road Closed sign, there was a frantic waving of arms from a beast of a guy in a red jacket. He tried the river crossing, and sunk his red dually...right down to the dif...The truck got stuck...
I dug out the tow rope, and we tried our best to haul him out. After many tries, we finally succeeded. We laughed our way all the way back to town; that made our night complete!
Mighty neighbourly, mighty neighbourly!
Always enjoyed when Corb played the bar that I used to work at. No one ever sold out a show there faster than the Corb Lund Band. But try to get those guys out of the bar after the show...:argue2:

mooseknuckle
03-31-2011, 12:55 PM
Love corb lund unfortunately the last time I seen him perform live it was at my brothers funeral.

Anybody remember "The Smalls" a punk rock band corby was in previous to his country career. Great band if you like it fast.

nick0danger
03-31-2011, 01:01 PM
went to his shows at castle mountain before he got big with truck got stuck

clarki
03-31-2011, 02:47 PM
X2 on "The Smalls"!!

M

catnthehat
03-31-2011, 02:57 PM
One of my favourites!!
Cat
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwGrC0KicSo

deepfried
03-31-2011, 08:00 PM
If anyone has tickets for Saturday I will pick them up !!!!!!!!!!!!
How do you find out about awesome shows like this going on ???

Duk Dog
03-31-2011, 11:58 PM
Just got home, what an awesome show. Ian Tyson joined him for a bit as did Tim Hus.

Rockymtnx
04-01-2011, 12:02 AM
Sounds like another great concert by Corb and The Hurtin Albertans
I always enjoy catching him when he comes to town.

Being a small town event, how many beer cans did they have on stage? ;)

pat84
04-01-2011, 12:30 AM
I'm wondering if their is 2 Corb Lunds? I have tickets to watch him in Swift Current saturday night. So what in the world is going on?
http://www.songkick.com/concerts/8247281-corb-lund-at-credit-union-iplex
It's also the gun show in Swift Current this weekend!

Rockymtnx
04-01-2011, 12:44 AM
I'm wondering if their is 2 Corb Lunds? I have tickets to watch him in Swift Current saturday night. So what in the world is going on?
http://www.songkick.com/concerts/8247281-corb-lund-at-credit-union-iplex
It's also the gun show in Swift Current this weekend!

03/31/2011 Longview, AB East Longview Hall - SOLD OUT
04/01/2011 Longview, AB East Longview Hall - SOLD OUT
04/02/2011 Swift Current, SK Credit Union Iplex
04/03/2011 Taber, AB The Oilmen's Club - Brynn Lund Benefit
04/28/2011 Wilkesboro, NC Merlefest 2011

Matt L.
04-01-2011, 02:15 AM
holy Smoke that's an itinerary! Wonder how fast they'll be drivin' to make that? :lol:

smith88
04-01-2011, 02:40 AM
I have been to three Corb Lund concerts. Met him at the Cypress Club in Medicine Hat back in 06. Got him to sign an American five dollar bill at the outdoor show down at Ranchmen's a couple years back. Ian showed up at that show and sang a couple tunes. Anyone seen that video of Corb and Ian riding horses in the foothills? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6ORMYf449Q

The Fisherman Guy
04-01-2011, 09:16 AM
Great video clip Smith! thanks for posting. I will definitely chase down the full length version. Looks like them wild chilcotin buckaroos, they aren't the only ones who sure know how to ride.

Neil Waugh
04-01-2011, 10:03 AM
Corb's a pretty committed conservationist (as you've probably already figured from This Is My Prairie and The Truth Comes Out).
He did a benefit in Pincher Creek a couple years back for his mom's watershed group on Lee's Creek which comes off the Big Chief and runs through the home place.
Got a log cabin on the Pembina that one of his uncle's built where he goes to hang out and shoot guns.
Kinda like Tyson's song-writing cabin up in the hill's he sings about in the one that goes "made it through another on the northern range."

The Fisherman Guy
04-01-2011, 04:34 PM
Anybody remember "The Smalls" a punk rock band corby was in previous to his country career. Great band if you like it fast.

I wasn't a big fan of Corb in the Smalls, but I did smile when he busted out one of his guitars which had a SNFU sticker on it, another Alberta born band.

Mr Chi Pig is not looking so good these days....