PDA

View Full Version : New ride

bruceba
03-31-2011, 10:19 AM
Well after having to put down my best horse a couple weeks ago and sending my best packer to boot camp to learn some ground work I was in a bit of a funk. I figured I'd do a little looking around for a replacement when this guy just happened by. He sounded to good to be true as the internet goes. I found this add one day and book marked it which turned out in my favor because I couldn't find it the next day. Here's the picture and the add that went with it.

Big & Solid – 4 yr old Gelding - 16 hh

“Barlow” has it all... Super Social, Good Confirmation, Willingness, Manners and “A Great Mind”!

He has straight legs, big hip, athletic build, calm manner, and is naturally herdy, this horse is a thinker.
Solid groundwork under his belt!

Take him in any direction! He is the total package!!

He is used to machinery, tractors, quads, dirt bikes, dogs, cows, bulls, coulee riding, etc. and takes everything in stride.

This horse is calmer than most people’s
experienced 10-20 yr old horses! “Barlow” has some speed to him, when asked, and is full of personality..

Respectful of your space with NO BAD HABITS! Works off leg pressure, neck reins and is very light!! Loves to trail ride, chase cows, and goes thru water & bush.

NO BUCK! NO CROW HOPS!! NO REARING!!!

Stands quietly to be mounted for as long as it takes! Trailer loads like a pro...(in fact he loads himself when you don’t want him in there)

UTD on farrier, de-worming. Gets along with all horses.

Must go to a great home where he
has space to be a horse!!

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a145/b6extreme/buckskin.jpg

And now mine with his winter coat. Turns out he's everything that was advertized.
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a145/b6extreme/barlow111.jpg

Mike_W
03-31-2011, 10:31 AM
Nice, Great looking animal! The picture from the add is outstanding.

Albertadiver
03-31-2011, 10:32 AM
Thanks for the introduction! Glad you've got a new partner for the backcountry.