PDA

View Full Version : Lac La Biche

Redfrog
12-02-2007, 05:57 PM
Well I want to try ice fishing for burbot this year. I hear LLB or Cold lake are worth the effort. Any burbot experts out there with some advice on where , how and when to go. How about night fishing through the ice for them??

TundraBuck
12-02-2007, 07:23 PM
If you're going to drive all the way to Pigeon I heard that Gull Lake is much better.

-NDN-
12-03-2007, 12:22 AM
Gull is insane for Burbs, Octane caught everyone that came by the holes last year on a jig and minnow

SNAPFisher
12-03-2007, 07:23 AM
Hey Redfrog. If you are interested in burbs up in the NB1 area try Whitefish Lake, Marie Lake or Touchwood. I've caught my personal best at Whitefish which was just over 9 lbs. The provincial record came out of Marie. According to the Fish of Alberta book, Touchwood has the most burbs out of any lake. Somehow I doubt that it beats the numbers of Gull though...

It could be a bad year for ice up there though. Heavy snowfall warnings in place for the area. It is good now but if it gets a foot or so of snow....makes for a good insulator which is bad for ice fishing. Last year was like that. Many of the lakes were hardly touched with poor ice conditions.

Good luck and good fishing!

Penner
12-04-2007, 09:21 AM
Don't forget about Buffalo Lake, St.Anne, and Chip. Tons of Burb's in those lakes all though most are on the smaller side.

Touchwood has been real good to me in the past but the last few years have been tough up there getting access onto the lakes due to all of the snow.