PDA

View Full Version : WHL Playoffs

The Huntinator
03-31-2011, 02:32 PM
I've seen a couple threads on here about the NHL but what about the WHL. Its playoff time right now and there is some pretty good hockey being played. Is anyone paying any attention to it? What do you think so far? My Blades are doing good even though they lost the game last night. I was expecting a sweep in that series but that went out the window. Prince Albert just outworked them last night.

Zekeland
03-31-2011, 02:34 PM
Been payin' attention to the Tigers vs. Wheaties series. Tonight is game 4 in Wpg.

Tigers could get upset......

blackpheasant
03-31-2011, 03:11 PM
Go REBELS Go...the Oil Kings are playing us tough but we should have the sweep after tonight...

220swifty
03-31-2011, 08:34 PM
Go REBELS Go...the Oil Kings are playing us tough but we should have the sweep after tonight...

3-0 Rebels with 2:00 left in the 2nd

blackpheasant
03-31-2011, 09:41 PM
3-0 Rebels with 2:00 left in the 2nd

5-1 Rebels and on to the next round...see PA beat the Blades again to tie that series up

mulecrazy
04-01-2011, 06:48 AM
Tigers staged a huge comeback last night. Series is all tied heading back to the hat. Hopefully they get Bunz back between the pipes.

madatter
04-01-2011, 08:42 AM
Tigers staged a huge comeback last night. Series is all tied heading back to the hat. Hopefully they get Bunz back between the pipes.

Could be the turning point....their big guns finally woke up!
The Arena should be rocking next home game!
Go Tigers!!:)

mulecrazy
04-01-2011, 08:57 AM
Could be the turning point....their big guns finally woke up!
The Arena should be rocking next home game!
Go Tigers!!:)

They have to win this series. I think they would play red deer next. Then I can watch them.

The Huntinator
04-01-2011, 01:48 PM
see PA beat the Blades again to tie that series up

Ya I was not too happy last night. Saskatoon is just getting outworked badly. Back in Stoon tomorrow so hopefully the trend of the home team winning keeps going. I'm getting razzed at work pretty right now since I live just outside of Prince Albert.

mulecrazy
04-03-2011, 07:07 AM
big win for the tabbies last night!!!! looks like the big guns are starting to wake up!

madatter
04-03-2011, 09:59 AM
big win for the tabbies last night!!!! looks like the big guns are starting to wake up!

Need Bunz back tho to stop a few more from getting in!

Should be a lot of fun tho if/when they meet Red Deer!

goober
04-03-2011, 08:06 PM
It has been a whirlwind so far!! I have been to 3 series so far and watched some of a few others on line. Caught the Portland vs Everett series and I must say the Hawks look good!! They should be the representative in the finals from the west. Spokane could do some damage as well though. I was only at 1 game in the Saskatoon vs PA series and it was interesting to say the least. I don't know what it is about these 2 teams on the road?? They play 2 completely different games depending where they are. Stoon Should come out of the East but they must become more consistent!! Watching their game right now and it is 1-0 PA at intermission. Last series I have taken in was Red Deer vs Edmonton. Red Deer looks good and may be the ones to knock off Stoon. Med Hat will be a big challenge for them though but they just seem so calm. Bunz may be back in time for round 2 but no official word yet.

smith88
04-04-2011, 01:21 AM

It was good to see Vey and Etem's line get going. Going to need them to go anywhere. It was pretty even scoring for the Tigers though. Only Etem had two goals?

blackpheasant
04-08-2011, 05:11 PM
Big Game Tonight......Go Rebels!!!!!!!!

mulecrazy
04-08-2011, 09:13 PM
tigers up 9-1 after 2. great to see Bunz is back. lets go TIGERS!!!!

madatter
04-09-2011, 07:01 AM

Wow.....
:sHa_shakeshout:

goober
04-09-2011, 09:15 AM

What a show from Bunz!!! Poor Guhle didn't know what hit him when RD put him in, 4 goals on 8 shots!! Bunz could be the difference maker if he keeps playing like that!!

bobcatguy
04-09-2011, 03:19 PM
Sure was a tough game for rebels fans. The first tiger goal was a dump in & the guy was at his bench for a line change before he even knew he scored. It was all downhill from there. Kemps came back in the 3rd though & rebels outshot tigers in the 3rd but no more goals. Bunz is good but he wasn't even tested. Tonight will be different. Go Rebels Go

mulecrazy
04-09-2011, 09:55 PM
5-0 tabbies with just a few minutes left. man o man the tigers sure have the rebels number this season. Another great game by Vey. S-toon looks to have tied their game late to force OT, it would be something if they go down 2-0 in their series.

slipbobber
04-10-2011, 09:04 AM
Who would of thought the Tigers would come to Red Deer and dominate in every area of the games. I know that the Tigers had the Rebels number all year and its continueing on in the playoffs.The Rebels have probably dug a hole that they wont get out of.Enough shots on net but to many were not good scoreing chances and when needed Bunz played his ***** off. We are used to see Keumper play like that but he has been looking like a deer in the headlights so far this series.

goober
04-10-2011, 02:24 PM
Bunz is dominating the net right now!! All though I do not think Red Deer is completely out of it. They will have a very very tough go now! Going down to the Hat down 2-0 is not good for anyone as that is one of the craziest barns in the league!! Red Deer needs to get back to their game and must crack Bunz!! More traffic in front of him and get in his kitchen a little more otherwise Bunz will lead them to win the series!! Nobody expected the blades to go down 2-0 at home either!! Another tender stealing the show over there right now!!

bobcatguy
04-14-2011, 12:21 AM
Backup goalie gives team chance to win & they did. Guole got his 1st start in WHL playoffs & got a shutout 1-0 apparntly some thing is wrong with Kemps But the backup pan worked tonight will it keep going ?????anyrate I 'll see a good game on Sat.

Got Juice?
04-14-2011, 12:34 AM
I've seen a couple threads on here about the NHL but what about the WHL. Its playoff time right now and there is some pretty good hockey being played. Is anyone paying any attention to it? What do you think so far? My Blades are doing good even though they lost the game last night. I was expecting a sweep in that series but that went out the window. Prince Albert just outworked them last night.

Blades? What Blades?

The one's the Kootenay Ice just swept?:sHa_shakeshout:

It sucks to sweep a team. Especially Saskatoon. They had one of the best (if not THE Best) records going into the playoffs.:sign0161:

mulecrazy
04-18-2011, 10:32 PM
KTN VS MH for the eastern final. Should be a great series with the season meetings being so close. The tigers sure made it look easy against the rebels, and wow did the blades ever fold.

bobcatguy
04-19-2011, 07:53 AM
Top two teams in the eastern con. knocked out seemingly easy.
No kidding , the playoffs are a whole new season.