PDA

View Full Version : Struble, Rat, and Mitchell Lake Report

TundraBuck
12-02-2007, 07:20 PM
Well me and the boy went out on thursday to Struble and Mitchell. In 3 hours at struble I'd say we caught around 35 fish, keeping 6 all over 15 inches. We then headed over to mitchell lake to try and find some of those browns, and we did! We caught 3, with two being 17 inches which we kept, and one was about 9 inches. We also caught 5 rainbows at mitchell and kept 2 more to fill our limit. Needless to say it was a good day. Was about 10 inches of ice I'd say, maybe a little less but definitely 9. We used small marabou jigs tipped with maggots, that seemed to be the ticket but I bet anything will work!

On Friday we fished Rat Lake and caught hundreds of brookies, literally. We fished on the gravel right near the dock and they were there all day with those great colors!!! After eating 4 trout thursday night we kept four brook trout all around 14 inches. We did see one there that I would say would go around 4/4,5 lbs but he just wouldn't bite anything. Saw a black bear afterwards driving home back to Rocky!!!

Jigger
12-02-2007, 07:23 PM
Sounds like you had a great day, congrats, where are these lakes located at?

TundraBuck
12-02-2007, 07:24 PM
All west and southwest of rocky. Struble and Mitchell are pretty obvious, as is Rat but no one can find it. I won't say where it is or how to get there because people who fish there want to keep it a secret. Let me tell you though, it doesn't look like it would have fish in it. If you PM Me I can tell you how to get to Rat.

Jigger
12-02-2007, 07:35 PM
I have a pretty good idea now that i have looked in Barry Mitchells fishing guide, are all these lakes decent fro ice fishing all winter or are they good just at certain times?

TundraBuck
12-02-2007, 07:43 PM
Like most trout fishing through the ice it is best early in the winter, I don't even bother with them after Mid-January as the fishing just becomes worse. After mid-january I go for pike and perch :D

Jigger
12-02-2007, 07:46 PM
Ok right on Tundra! Thanks

TundraBuck
12-02-2007, 07:49 PM
Yup good luck out there!

jpj214
09-09-2017, 06:10 PM
Late summer 2017.. I could use a little encouragement .. come on guys gotta be some good fishin stories .. even if you just heard them ..like this fisher friend I've known for 40 odd years .. told me he finally landed the ever elusive real mermaid .. said he caught 2 of 'em ..sosas it wasn't a fluke or fairy tale' ..Alright who's up next?
:snapoutofit:

Talking moose
09-09-2017, 06:57 PM
Late summer 2017.. I could use a little encouragement .. come on guys gotta be some good fishin stories .. even if you just heard them ..like this fisher friend I've known for 40 odd years .. told me he finally landed the ever elusive real mermaid .. said he caught 2 of 'em ..sosas it wasn't a fluke or fairy tale' ..Alright who's up next?
:snapoutofit:

Caught crabs in slave lake.

wags
09-09-2017, 10:12 PM
Caught crabs in slave lake.

I think he was talking about fishing, not extra curricular activities!