PDA

View Full Version : trying to catch birds in hawaii

FishingMOM
04-01-2011, 12:02 AM
well we have arrived safely.
he has been chasing birds and loved the parrots along the beach

been swimming, dinner at cheese burger in paradise.
played on the beach\beautiful sunset and rainbow.

ttyl
behave back there

Rockymtnx
04-01-2011, 12:08 AM
As long as he doesnt ask you if he can catch a parrot and eat it you should be ok. LOL
Have a good time.

dale7637
04-01-2011, 12:36 AM
Pretty soon he will have a trap line set. parrots, geckos, mongoose, birds, and crabs. Could be some interesting meals this trip.

Ken07AOVette
04-01-2011, 07:44 AM
Talk about a trapline, tell Brandon that Fireman Ken will give him 10.00 for every bikini top he brings me, with a picture preremoval!

Albertadiver
04-01-2011, 07:54 AM
Talk about a trapline, tell Brandon that Fireman Ken will give him 10.00 for every bikini top he brings me, with a picture preremoval!

Heck YES! :sign0005:

Stop Staring at my Rack
04-01-2011, 10:26 AM
Sounds like fun!!! Hope he doesnt catch any!

wwbirds
04-01-2011, 11:30 AM
Bikini tops or parrots

FishingMOM
04-01-2011, 07:55 PM
at four thirty the kids were awake
aunti mila wandered off to find beverages. she came back with coffee for herself and coconut hotchocolate for the rest of us.
OMG that coconut hotchocolate was amazing.
at eight am the driver came and got us and off the kids, charity and i went.

Met one of the captains, from the show deadliest catch. he was docked right beside the catamara went out on.
the scenery was beautiful. watching the whales even a momma with a baby was just incredible. it is enough to take your breath away.
then we went over to the turtle carwash area and did some snorkeling. the whole thing was amazing. turtles and fish everywhere.

we had both breakfast and lunch on the boat.
the drink of the day it called the Catatonic
1.5 oz of light rum
1.5 oz dark rum
1 splash of pina colada mix
some fresh orange or pineapple juice
dash of nutme
served on ice.

it was a nice treat
we all got sun.
kids are all out on the deck playing at the playground.

couple hours and we are off to go fishing.

FishingMOM
04-01-2011, 07:57 PM
As long as he doesnt ask you if he can catch a parrot and eat it you should be ok. LOL
Have a good time.

too late
he wanted to cook a macaw
compromise was the owner let him feed the 3 birds

lone wolf
04-01-2011, 08:00 PM
too late
he wanted to cook a macaw
compromise was the owner let him feed the 3 birds

So the little hunter is still at it ......... too funny !

When is the shark fishing trip ?

FishingMOM
04-02-2011, 12:12 PM
So the little hunter is still at it ......... too funny !

When is the shark fishing trip ?

Yes my little hunter is still at it.
the kids and | went out bottom fishing last night.
stinky was over tired, but had a blast. Thea on the other hand had so much fun. i am happy to report she caught the first and last fish of the night. so proud. fireworks from the water were lovely

caught a handful of fish pictures will come when back

tonight is our shark hunt. aunti charity and i are going.

FishingMOM
04-03-2011, 06:26 PM
escargo anyone?
crab legs anyone?

we added snails and crabs to the list of things we are catching. while wandering through waikiki we noticed HUGE snails in the flower beds. we wanted to eat them. mom kiboshed that idea.

couple hours swimming this morning.
i am terribly sunburnt. blisters and all
even with spf 50

SHARK HUNT
3 caught.
will share details later.
but i must say WOW!!!

we also ate some of our bait - fresh striped marlin.
OMG it was ONO!! along with bbq'd pineapple!

bb356
04-03-2011, 06:43 PM
This thread would be great with some pictures ???

FishingMOM
04-03-2011, 06:49 PM
This thread would be great with some pictures ???

I will provide pictures once we are home.sorry
will have even a couple shark video clips for you guys to check out.

countrykid
04-03-2011, 06:53 PM
Glad to hear you're having a good time FishingMOM. Hope you dont get burnt too bad with all that sunshine. Have a safe trip home!

FishingMOM
04-03-2011, 07:07 PM
Glad to hear you're having a good time FishingMOM. Hope you dont get burnt too bad with all that sunshine. Have a safe trip home!

my back is covered in blisters. OUCH

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
04-03-2011, 07:12 PM
You know Fishing mom any screen over 25spf is just a number . I useually get one good sunburn spring time and am tanned the remainder of the season. I hope your trips going well . Very excited to hear about the shark fishin trip.

Also don't pop your blisters go get a dozen or so tea bags brew it like regular let them cool and put on the blisters it takes the pain away . I learnt this from a few years ago when I was in osoyous fishin and the owner of the restraunt swore by it.

sharrozap
04-03-2011, 07:19 PM
Go get some fresh potatoes(or cucumbers), slice thin and cover the blisters for 1/2 to 1 hour, will help. Have a good time with fishing!

bb356
04-03-2011, 07:25 PM
I will provide pictures once we are home.sorry
will have even a couple shark video clips for you guys to check out.

Thanks for the reply............ Working in the slimy Alberta mud and needed something to brighten the day !!! Enjoy your vacation !!! :wave:

Nester
04-03-2011, 08:22 PM
http://www.acuraworld.com/forums/images/smilies/postpics.gif

SonnyJ
04-03-2011, 08:25 PM

..and post removal...lol :sHa_shakeshout:

mudbug
04-03-2011, 08:56 PM
Glad to hear your havinga fun trip :sHa_shakeshout:

FishingMOM
04-06-2011, 05:38 PM
reporting today he was using bread trying to catch fish ...... not sure how that worked out

yesterday he loved holding the hermit crabs and petting sea urchins at the aquarium.
kids had fun there.

Kids = stinky, thea and Jonah (friends kids)

Ken07AOVette
04-06-2011, 10:57 PM
Did you take him where the star of Honolulu whale watcher ship docks? There are amazing fish there.

FishingMOM
04-07-2011, 06:02 PM
Did you take him where the star of Honolulu whale watcher ship docks? There are amazing fish there.

nope
we have been playing with the fish in waikiki
just spent 4 hours in the water
he got close to some of the birds today, but only to chase them away from his lunch
him and some other kids were catching little crabs along the beach and finding shells.

FishingMOM
04-08-2011, 08:14 PM
Ken,

we tried to follow your advice. only problem was we got so darn excited we chased the birds at the peir.
we tried catching pigeons using our lunch, but realized we didnt want to share.

BUT
we did get parrots, or rather the parrots sat on us. big beautiful birds. pics to follow.

2 Tollers
04-08-2011, 09:12 PM
Sounds like you folks are having a great time -- looking forward to the pictures.

Hugh

WayneChristie
04-08-2011, 11:27 PM
Ken,

we tried to follow your advice. only problem was we got so darn excited we chased the birds at the peir.
we tried catching pigeons using our lunch, but realized we didnt want to share.

BUT
we did get parrots, or rather the parrots sat on us. big beautiful birds. pics to follow.

the pigeons are easy, when they land on the balcony of your room, toss some bread into the room then slam the patio doors shut when they go in after it, worked for me, it was awesome listening to the ex wife screaming and trying to hide from them, I had forgotten (:sHa_sarcasticlol:) that she was scared of birds :bad_boys_20:

FishingMOM
04-09-2011, 01:58 PM
the pigeons are easy, when they land on the balcony of your room, toss some bread into the room then slam the patio doors shut when they go in after it, worked for me, it was awesome listening to the ex wife screaming and trying to hide from them, I had forgotten (:sHa_sarcasticlol:) that she was scared of birds :bad_boys_20:

Wayne no wonder she is an ex wife now.
we are having lots of fun.
Our mission is to catch some fish with our hands it seems.
we dont need pigeons in our condo. that would be bad bad bad
remember there is a baby with us on this trip.

Ken we went on the star of honolulu yesterday during the rain, but didnt see any whales. the kids enjoyed being out on the boat.
tomorrow morning we will be swimming with the sharks.

Kids are all at the beach with the aunties. so I better get my rump down to the beach, as I have our lunch.

I dont want to come back to alberta.
few more days in paradise.

FishingMOM
04-09-2011, 02:00 PM
Sounds like you folks are having a great time -- looking forward to the pictures.

Hugh

have you seen the pictures I have shared so far?