PDA

View Full Version : Trapper needed

Annieo
12-02-2007, 08:50 PM
Hey I was on this board way back when, and had a Trapper respond. Came out, signed up everyone then never showed up.
So ANY Trapper who wants to trap beaver, lots of them within a half mile radius please respond.
CAnnieo
Oh yes 15 min north of Calgary, 10 min west of Airdrie.
Walked the area yesterday, there are 3 huts, 8 dams on 1/2 mile of creek. Did not go past this to the 2nd part of land. The beavers have not been cleared out for 9 years.. As for numbers I cannot say. There is one mile of coulee creek available to trap on.

katts69
12-02-2007, 08:53 PM
half mile of where? if you are close to edmonton i may be interested? take care, rob

TBark
12-03-2007, 02:36 PM
Annieo,
You say "sign up" ? How does this work ?
We noticed dozens of beautiful trees the beavers knocked down on Uncles land, we're worried the entire treed creek bank / slope will be lost soon.
Some say to break the dam in the winter, some say call in a trapper.
What is the best way to handle this ?

TBark

shekaree
12-03-2007, 03:32 PM
Annieo,

TBark

Break the dam and then wait with 22-250.

Worked great for me in Minnesota:D

Bushmaster
12-03-2007, 03:34 PM
By sign up I think he means permission slips....a requirement for trapping is signed permission.

tkhiebs
12-03-2007, 03:52 PM
I could come and shoot them with my bow. But this might have to happen in the spring.

Annieo
12-03-2007, 07:30 PM
Annieo,
You say "sign up" ? How does this work ?
We noticed dozens of beautiful trees the beavers knocked down on Uncles land, we're worried the entire treed creek bank / slope will be lost soon.
Some say to break the dam in the winter, some say call in a trapper.

TBark
Sign up is as Bushmaster says, permission slips,, legal stuff... to back the trappers up.
My experience has been, get them out now!!! for an number of reasons, 1st for the trapper the hides are better, easier to travel over marshy land due to the freeze.
I don't know where you live but we can only "blow" dams here in May and June, I contacted the Municipal District,,(County etc) they come out and do this as a pay for service.
Personally, I had these rodents out of here then had a new family move in south who think the beavers are great. Well they have taken out in 2 years ap 500 10 year old trees on my land. The neighbors could care less... they have also flooded the valley so much that my livestock cannot cross to graze.
Honestly deal with them NOW don't wait the are so destructive.

Annieo
12-03-2007, 07:32 PM
I could come and shoot them with my bow. But this might have to happen in the spring.
Great your more them welcome I don't imagine they will all be gone by then.

kyle6969
12-07-2007, 08:51 PM
how many beaver do you think arre in the area????

Toe823
12-07-2007, 10:29 PM
Hey Annieo...i live 10 mins east of airdrie and may be interested...pm me a number where i can call you...i work up north but will be home for a few weeks in later december.
Thanks
Toe

Annieo
12-08-2007, 08:21 AM
The trapper that was the "no show" said he thought there were around 100, that was his estimation

kyle6969
12-08-2007, 10:00 AM
thats a ton of beaver for such a small area i would really be intrested come feburary or march

mountainman elkohalic
12-10-2007, 02:01 PM
maybe there was a reason the trapper's were a no show a 100 beavers in the area get real !!!!!!!

Annieo
12-10-2007, 03:17 PM
That attitude is NOT necessary!! I am only relaying what I have been told! I fully admit to not having any idea of numbers, and beaver "ways" so please reserve your comments to other discussions. As to why he was a no show... I guess some people are just like that, no big deal.
Why are you on my discussion thread?

shirtr
12-10-2007, 03:31 PM
Annieo,
I'd be interested in helping you with your problem in the spring and can pm you my number so you can contact me when the ice comes off.
R

Annieo
12-10-2007, 06:55 PM
Thank you R that would be great, I have to tell you that it is a coulee and difficult to access when the ice breaks. If your still interested I would certaintly appreciate it. There is a mile of coulee approximately 8 to 10 dams and two huts. I don't know if that helps. Any trapper is welcome to come out and view the area for themselves to asses # and access. The farmers (thats what we are) are more then willing to allow access, whether it atv's, 4x4's etc. We just want them out of here.
Sincerely
CA

EJTZ
12-07-2008, 06:56 PM
Hello, I live in Airdrie and would love to help out with your problem. As well if you are interested i could thin out the coyote population if need be.