PDA

View Full Version : newalta corp

richardslc
04-01-2011, 03:26 PM
Just wondering if anyone works at, knows someone who does, or knows anything about what kind of company newalta is to work for. It's for an operator position at their oil recycling plant in S.E. edmonton and i'm just wondering what the facility and operation is like out there.

Thanks.

chewydog
04-01-2011, 03:53 PM
My son just got a job there, so far they have treated him just great! Plus it's a good place to learn as your very hands on!

Do you have a steam ticket?

New Hunter Okotoks
04-01-2011, 04:34 PM
I am trying to get on as well in Airdrie and have had my fingers crossed for a while. I heard it's a top shelf place and treats its people very well.

ctd
04-01-2011, 05:30 PM
They are a excellant company to work for. I use to do drill cutting disposal on rig sites for them. I have a friend who still works for them doing the same. They are one of the largest waste disposal companies in Canada. They have sites from one coast to the other.

Good luck with them.

Lefty-Canuck
04-01-2011, 05:32 PM
My ex-wife works for them....want me to ask her? lol

Lefty

jts1
04-01-2011, 10:07 PM
I am a plant op here in Airdrie at the Hazardous Waste Facility. We work 5 days on that are 3 days and 2 nights. then we get 5 days off. Then its 4 on that are 2 days and 2 nights, then 4 days off. Only work 2 weeks a month and with holidays its 5 months a year. But salary covers the whole year. Benefit package is great, I invest 8% of my gross and they match me 8% with newalta shares. Etc Etc. Pm or email me with any questions or contact info and I will give you a call.

richardslc
04-02-2011, 04:45 AM
Have steam ticket. Just need to write my ABSA part b to finish it off. I've got lots of plant experience and just applied for this opening at the edmonton plant. Seems like a good place to work for from what little bit i've researched, and from the comments so far. See what happens i guess. Thanks for the responses.

RussellZ
04-02-2011, 02:29 PM
I did a little bit of contracting for that particular plant a couple years ago -- Winterizing their level instruments on the tanks etc.

Seemed like a nice quiet little plant. Seemed to be in reasonably good repair, and I don't recall there being any nasty smells etc. The staff at the time were friendly and accomodating.

Kramsky
04-02-2011, 06:02 PM
I was at the Taber New Alta almost daily when I was trucken. The Operators that worked there seemed very happy with the company. I was waiting a position there but no one ever seemed to quit. Then when one came avalible I had already found something else.

HillHunter
04-02-2011, 09:03 PM
What are wages like for a plant operator there? Hourly or salary? how much if Salary starting?

Lonnie
04-02-2011, 09:27 PM
their supose to be among the best at what they do I have a cousin that's been with them over 20 years and he thinks their good to work for and always got a very good wage he started on clean up crew. his biggest complaint was all the safety rules they had to follow any one not following them they got rid of quick.

jts1
04-03-2011, 11:08 AM
What are wages like for a plant operator there? Hourly or salary? how much if Salary starting?

A guy with no tickets or experience could look at around 48000 a year.

Cool Critter
04-04-2011, 08:42 PM
Just wondering if anyone works at, knows someone who does, or knows anything about what kind of company newalta is to work for. It's for an operator position at their oil recycling plant in S.E. edmonton and i'm just wondering what the facility and operation is like out there.

Thanks.

Goto CCS your disposal experience will be way better! IMO Newata shares 35 to 4 then 12 seems to be bad management. Am pray you never see Brian G!!!

Mad_Mikee
04-05-2011, 08:31 AM
Goto CCS your disposal experience will be way better! IMO Newata shares 35 to 4 then 12 seems to be bad management. Am pray you never see Brian G!!!

Funny you should mention that. I worked for Newalta for almost 5 years. I could go on and on about what type of company they are.

In a nutshell, small to midside company trying to act like one of the big boys.

There is a lot of money spent (aka wasted) on image.

I now happen to work for one of the big boys now and I can tell you, there is big difference. I get a bonus each year instead of having a company cafeteria decked out with a fireplace and big screen tv's. At least they got rid of the company chef (dont laugh, they had one).

bushman87
01-20-2012, 08:20 PM
The schedule I will have at Newalta is 1 week on 1 week off...I meet with them Monday to talk about benefits tour the plant etc. Does anyone know how overtime works? i know one place I worked that was one week on 1 week off had a modified work schedule so we got like 4 hours ot for the 7 days on.

jts1
01-20-2012, 08:22 PM
What plant you at? I have been with Newalta for a couple years. Work at the Airdrie plant. We are 5 on that is 2 days 3 night and then 5 off. Then we work 4 on that is 2 days and 2 nights. With 4 off after What questions do you have? feel free to PM me. Its a family thing. My wife works at the reginal center and my fater in law is corprate downtown head of reclimation

troutbug
03-19-2014, 11:34 PM
wondering if anyone else has any firsthand info on this company when it comes to wages, benefits etc