PDA

View Full Version : Best skunked dog cure?

Floyd Texas
04-01-2011, 08:31 PM
My dog got sprayed by a skunk right in the face:angry3:

I was wondering if anyone had a suggestion for something i could use to wash my dogs face that wont hurt her eyes?

molly
04-02-2011, 09:53 AM
Well, I hope you found a solution by now...The best de-skunking solution is a mixture of 1 qt. hydrogen peroxide, 1 tsp. liquid dish soap and 2-4 TB. of baking soda. Mix in a big bowl or small pail as it gets foamy. It works best as soon after skunking as possible. It is not good to get it in the eyes, though. For that, use an eyedropper filled with saline solution. If her eyes remain really red, take her to the vet. I used this mixture many times when my namesake, Molly, consistently went after skunks. She hated them even though she knew what would happen to her...Good luck and I hope she learned her lesson!:)

ishootbambi
04-02-2011, 09:57 AM
my dog has been juiced more times than i can count. he just never learned. anyway, i always thought just regular dog shampoo worked just fine. i got it too many times in my youth too. my longbow and me took care of several when i was younger....same story, a shower worked good. for the face i always used johnsons baby shampoo. its less irritating for sure.

sheepguide
04-02-2011, 09:58 AM
We use vinegar, baking soda and water. My last dog was a skunk killer and got sprayed directly many times. We never measured it just dumped a bunch of each into a pail.
SG

Rancher_49
04-02-2011, 10:02 AM
Wash the dog with tomatoe juice. It does work.

.257Weatherby
04-02-2011, 10:07 AM
Call your local vet office.they generally have a receipe for this.
I think it is 1c part peroxide and some baking soda and some dish soap....
Again, this is from memory and the local vets have it posted in front windows of the office.
Seems there are ****eloads of city slicker skunks here near Vancouver BC.
Hope this is of some use for you today.
Rob

Duk Dog
04-02-2011, 10:28 AM
http://www.skunkbuster.ca/scent-removal.html