PDA

View Full Version : Rokon Trailbreaker

huntfishtrap
04-02-2011, 08:55 AM
I have been interested in buying one of these and ths morning with all the snow coming down watched a few You Tube videos. It seems you have to use your feet alot to balance them and that may not be too wise in rough conditions. They sure will climb and go down narrow trails.

Has anyone owned one of these and if so could you tell me the positives and negatives on them.

Thanks in advance.

coreya3212
04-02-2011, 10:06 AM
I have not owned or riden one. Saw one on Pawn stars a month or so ago. Go anywhere you want at 8 miles an hour. wheels are sealed and can be filled with fuel to lengthen your trip. They also mentioned that parts would be tough to come by. It would be a neat little machine to try out that is for sure. I dont see it making a come back and putting honda out of business by any means.:) you should definately buy one and let us all try it out!!

Edit- Went on you tube and see that they are still made today, or at least to 2009 somewhere in the states. Go figure. Someone said 6K after a rebate. Yahtzee.

catnthehat
04-02-2011, 10:08 AM
A buddy had one a few years back, we used to mes with it quite a bit.
great machine.....
Cat

sco22
04-02-2011, 11:16 AM
I saw the episode of Pawn Stars where they bought it. Went golfing in Vegas in November last year and actually went to the Pawn Shop and saw the bike. What a beast.

Cheers.

stinkynuts
04-02-2011, 12:28 PM
there is a rokon dealer in cowtown i think just google it . i looked one up a new one would be about 6000 give or take a few options

TomE
04-02-2011, 01:42 PM
Trappers like them as the Quads can't follow them.

kreator
04-02-2011, 06:34 PM
My cousin has one. It's slow and your hands and arms just about vibrate off after anymore than about 10 mins on it. However, it is extremely powerful and will pull anything you hook up to it. It will climb almost anything and go through almost anything.

mech1980
04-03-2011, 09:23 PM
I'm wondering if there are any Rokon owners/riders interested in getting together for a spring/summer ride in either southern alberta or South eastern B.C. I have had both an 04 and an 08 the later with radial tires and front suspension the ride is great. people that don't have one comment mainly on what they used to be like. The 4 stroke models are great negatives would be speed if you want to ride with your quad friends they will be there first your roughly 20MPH Max. they want to turn around and blast again ,but that's where the rokon trail begins. they shine in the mountains and thick bush .Very little foot print almost no tracks left unless your in soft mud,very quiet,burns nothing for fuel and floats,pulls great and packs a good load..

mudbug
04-03-2011, 09:40 PM
Those look really neat as well as practical but I just know it would be something else I'd hurt myself on :thinking-006:
Therefore I should buy one :sHa_shakeshout:

denpacc
04-03-2011, 09:51 PM
With technology to send someone to the moon, why can't they put a suspension on them? Just doesn't make any sense to me.

mech1980
04-03-2011, 10:34 PM
It does has front suspension , the rear uses a Carlisle XT radial tire @ 2 1/2 psi it rides great. It's far better Without rear suspension it's rated for 1000lbs. on the bike and 3000 lbs towing with liquid in the wheels for ballast. if it had rear springs you would load the suspension and it wouldn't have the pull it has with the solid frame. It's not a dirt bike, advertised as a moto tractor designed to pull and pack so it's traction based not momentum like a dirt bike the new models are great a 2011 model is much different than a 1978 or 68 which most people have seen or been around. The biggest difference old to new is 4 stroke quiet and 3 speed trans. Radial tires with optional front suspension, hydraulic disc brakes. Check out youtube Rokon Chile you'll see old and new

bucknaked333
04-04-2011, 07:24 AM
I bought one about 5 years ago and love it for hunting, we traded the horses off and walked for a couple years but found the elk were to far from the quads to pack out. I can pack a half a elk out easy from anywhere. And as far as parts in the owners manual they give you the parts number and said any auto motive place would get you the parts. As far as riding they aren't made for fast speeds, they are built to go down goat trails. I can go to areas that took use a hour on horse and I can make it there in 15 minutes. I know some people love hunting on horse but there is no way I would go back, I can park my bike go walking all day and I get back to my bike and not have to worry what went wrong when I was gone. I don't hunt off it, I just drive it to my spot then hoof it but I can get 7 days on a tank of gas. I stap the old meat bags from the horse to the back then when I get something I just through it over the seat load it up and cruze out.

huntfishtrap
04-04-2011, 07:24 AM
I am definately going to get hold of the Calgary dealer. I googled it and it is Western Canadian Rokon and the email is jim@rokon.ca

If I do end up getting one which I am sure I am, I would participate in a get together of Rokon owners.

Thanks

mech1980
04-04-2011, 10:01 PM
the other option is a used bike and they are around but you'll have to search the web . You also would need to decide on model and options trail breakers either have drum or spoke wheels with a 6.6 kohler the scout and ranger have an optional honda but it's less power and more is better. I had electric start and could go without but a charge coil and a battery can be handy for grip heaters or GPS anything after 2007 will have Hyd. disc brakes earlier use mechanical disc, I would suggest radial tires Carlisle or pit bull growler they are the biggest change you can make on any age bike. I have a Harley sportster seat which is a 150. well spent bolts right on stock seats suck,front suspension helps in the rocks but I could live without it with the right tire. We pulled out a cow elk that was a mile or two from the truck in a tobbogan whole through snow that was over the 25" front tire at times no chains or studs through trees on game trails the Quad couldn't get close. I love the bike just need to find some more riders to get out with we have 3 or 4 including myself near the Pass