PDA

View Full Version : Shopping in Great Falls

DarkAisling
04-02-2011, 09:08 AM
Heading to Great Falls to do some shopping in the next few weeks.

Specifically, I'm looking for Wrangler Rock 47 jeans in 1x36, 3x36, and 5x36 (36 is the inseam, the other number is the "dress" size). Google tells me there is a store in Great Falls called "Big R Stores" that claims to carry them.

Anyone been in a "Big R Store" before? What can I expect out of the store? I notice that there is also a "Big R Flyshop" which is associated with it . . . a stand alone store just across the parking lot from the Big R Store.

Any other places in Great Falls that have a good selection of Wranglers in non-standard sizes and should be checked out? Another pair of Abilenes would be great, too.

Any place that sells Filson? Specifically looking to try on one of these:
http://www.filson.com/products/women-s-wool-bomber-jacket.20025.html?fromCat=true&fvalsProduct=womens/coats-jackets&fmetaProduct=1011
As I suspect I'll need to have it custom made, I don't want to order online only to have to send it back and tell them to add three inches to the sleeves.

Any outdoors/sporting goods stores that I absolutely have to check out? Any other places with checking out? Anywhere that should be avoided?

Thx :)

lolanr
04-02-2011, 09:34 AM
Big R is a great store Shelley. It has a good selection of wranglers and ladies Charhartt stuff. The fishing section is also very nice. It is all in one kinda farm supply store. It won't dissapoint!

doetracks
04-02-2011, 09:49 AM
I thought Hoglunds (downtown) was a pretty decent western wear store. Don't know if they have what you want, specifically, though.

ishootbambi
04-02-2011, 09:54 AM
holy crap shelley. you must be built like a fashion model. im a 36 leg and im 6'1". i wont mention what my first number would be, but im guessing youd weigh about half what i do.....:sEm_oops2:

sharpstick
04-02-2011, 09:59 AM
Check out Scheels in the mall. Great sporting goods store.

honda450
04-02-2011, 10:08 AM
Ya gonna buy me a present down there Dark? I will be good for a little while.:evilgrin:

fallen1817
04-02-2011, 11:03 AM
x2 for Scheels. That store has everything, and the rifles are right out where you can pick em up and inspect them. When I was there I was very unaware of gun prices up here, but I remember thinking "wow, these are pretty cheap." But then there's the broker and blah blah.

Anyways, It's a big store with a huge variety of outdoors stuff.

Cheers

diamond k
04-02-2011, 06:11 PM
Big R is great I buy all my Wranglers there. Scheels is good as well. I think Hoglunds is a little out of date. Some of the shirts have been there since 1979

Staff is nice though. I find customer service is so much better down there and thats why I like shopping there. Prices on most stuff is about the same. Wranglers are quite a bit cheaper however.

Go to the Prime cut restaraunt for dinner. Food is good and not too expensive. Better be hungry. It is across from the Big R.

fordtruckin
04-03-2011, 02:58 AM
Best way to describe Big R, is its like UFA only better selection, friendlier staff, and not a monopoly on farmers in the area. As for sporting goods stores, Sheels in the mall is pretty good. I'm not sure if they ahve one or not but you may want to find out if there is a Bob Ward & Sons sporting goods. THey aren't to bad.

doetracks
04-03-2011, 08:54 AM
Oh... and watch for cops on the Interstate when the speed limit drops just before you enter town. They really like nabbing people through there.

honda450
04-03-2011, 09:51 AM
Oh... and watch for cops on the Interstate when the speed limit drops just before you enter town. They really like nabbing people through there.

Yeah that dang Fordtruckin got his favourite places for radar. But he ain't goin catch my Chevytruckin. hehehe

He probably drives a Ford Crown Vic too. hehehe No match. Till we meet again. :scared0018:

fordtruckin
04-03-2011, 03:01 PM
Yeah that dang Fordtruckin got his favourite places for radar. But he ain't goin catch my Chevytruckin. hehehe

He probably drives a Ford Crown Vic too. hehehe No match. Till we meet again. :scared0018:

Nope thats a bit north of my Jurisdiction. Up there you have to watch out for a few of my MHP friends and they mostlikely are driving new Dodge Chargers. as for myself? I get a police package SUV made by Dodge unfortunately. lol Just do the limit and you'll be fine. Do you really need to go more than 75mph anyways?

bearsweg
04-03-2011, 08:08 PM
Definitely check out the Big R store. I went there and was astonished by the amazing selection of women's jeans in Wrangler and Carhart brand. The prices are pretty outstanding as well!

AB2506
04-03-2011, 09:10 PM
Big R is great. But Helena is only about 90 minutes further, and there is great a number of other stores you may be interested in like Macy's etc..

landowner
04-04-2011, 05:35 AM
Western Ranch Supply is also good in Great Falls.

TUFFBUFF
04-04-2011, 12:09 PM
The Big R in Great Falls is pretty cool, 1 stop shop for almost anything outdoors. I left a little cash there!