PDA

View Full Version : Break up is over for us

kokanee83
04-02-2011, 09:46 AM
Had a total of 8 days of breakup this year. We head back monday morning. Hows everyones elses breakup goin so far.

ishootbambi
04-02-2011, 09:48 AM
i dont know yet.....i think it might have started for me today.....but if the phone rings im gone again.

honda450
04-02-2011, 10:17 AM
Been in the bush way too long 14 days and I am gone. No answering phones. I am so out of here. hehehe

sheepguide
04-02-2011, 10:21 AM
My break up is going just like the rest of the year. Two weeks on, one off. No slowing down for our rigs.

And any rig hands that are down and looking for a job or looking to get into the services side pop me a PM as we are hiring!
SG

chasingtail
04-02-2011, 10:23 AM
Only a couple days left then hoping for a long break up. Been way to long of a winter. From what I see it's going to be a stupid busy 2011.

hayseed
04-02-2011, 11:28 AM
I'm still movin iron, only racked a handful so far, counties in central AB still lettin us move at 100%....when they slap the 75% on gravel, then we's done, am ready for a break having said that though... this up all day and night gets old real quick.

BrownBear416
04-02-2011, 11:39 AM
8 on 6 off...

Rain snow mud it dont matter..lol

Cant wait to see a rig move in on our roads lol

FallAirFever
04-03-2011, 03:49 AM
We had calls yesterday from 3 rigs looking for equipment betweeen Rocky MH and Swanhills! Yes it has slowed down but I cant believe how much is still going on. There are rigs trying to work right though as long as they can find matting and the ones that are shutting down now are talking about firing up in May if they can. Gonna be a pretty short break-up by the time we get things all cleaned up. Enjoy it while you can boys!!

Dennis780
04-03-2011, 04:39 AM
56 days straight. Since my 4 month old has been born, I've been home 12 days. I'm ready to punch mother nature in the face. Breakup is a myth to give us hope that one day we will get to see our families. But my wife bought a new couch, so thats a plus. I just want to sit on it before I'm retired, lol.

I remember breakup being scary, for lack of work. What happened?

Dennis

spot and stock
04-03-2011, 06:31 AM
No breakup in sight for this guy! 3 four hole pads and no word of shutting down. The office has slowed down major in the last week or two though. But no worries, bear seasons a ways away yet.:angry3:

gunslinger
04-03-2011, 11:07 AM
Yup same thing here boys, was supposed to shut down the rig after this hole, till mid june, aint happing now, working right through till 2013 now.
Been in for 40 days now and looks like i got another 24 to go then im going to kill bears......But as far as our breakup, htere isnt one for the 6th year in row...You aint hearing me compain one bit but spring is deffintly here up in dawson, snow melting fast and waters flowing.

srp71
04-04-2011, 01:39 PM
I'm still movin iron, only racked a handful so far, counties in central AB still lettin us move at 100%....when they slap the 75% on gravel, then we's done, am ready for a break having said that though... this up all day and night gets old real quick.

I hear'ya brotha!Thought we was done and I've booked in enough work to get us through this week now.At least it's another week of paychecks for the guys though,even though they are starting to get cranky and complain about the day/night shifting they're doing.I think by midweek all our roads will be shut down though.

Joe Fehr
04-04-2011, 03:57 PM
Shut it down on the 31st and word is not starting back up til June or even July :snapoutofit: But things change in a hurry in this business and hopefully a change is in the works for me :sHa_shakeshout:

DAVE
04-04-2011, 04:17 PM
Shut it down on the 31st and word is not starting back up til June or even July :snapoutofit: But things change in a hurry in this business and hopefully a change is in the works for me :sHa_shakeshout:

Just talked to Richard from jomax said same thing probaly will not get going untill after may long weekend.

Gonehuntin'
04-04-2011, 09:40 PM
Pretty muddy, moving fluid and circus rigs at night, sounds like a busy 2011, nothing on the sched. after this job, but then, hey, we never know!The 10pm-8am ban is on now where we're at, 100% weight still AFAIK.And mud all day....

300magman
04-04-2011, 10:19 PM

Same looking thing here...but we shut down on the 24th....going a little crazy with f all to do after going hard all winter...should probably be happy for the break though casue i know i'll be bitchin about no time off once we fire up again

MWD 800
04-04-2011, 10:52 PM
Been home for 2.5 weeks and should be heading out on Thursday. Nice breakup this year. Just talked to my brother and his rig was supposed to shut down after this hole but the construction guys were there making the lease bigger for another well and then they are moving right after that.

sikwhiskey
04-05-2011, 01:26 AM
With the price of Oil so high the oil companies will build, matt, or pay the counties big bucks to get er done!!
Member to say yer prayers, Please god let there be another oil boom, the first one I ****ed away, the second one I gave to my ex wife, this one I'm keep'n for myself! Amen

sceriko
04-11-2011, 07:33 PM
just finished training for workin on the rigs in march, got lots of tickets and ready to get r done, havin trouble findin work, can anyone give me a hand or point me in the right direction?

bb356
04-11-2011, 07:52 PM
Start a new thread.........introduce yourself !!! .........where do you live ??? There are a few people on this forum that can give you great advice !!!

honda450
04-11-2011, 08:06 PM
Got home today after 21 days. Really thought I would have a month off or so. Not to be, go back Thursday they said only for 10 days. In the meantime they wanted me to attend courses hahahaha between now and Thursday hahahaha
Ain't going to happen. Kearl, Wapasu. Man is that place big.

sceriko
04-11-2011, 08:26 PM
i just joined this website, im not sure on how to start a new thread, i dont know how to talk to the right people on here or anything, so i figured id post on this one seeing as theres rig workers posting here

sceriko
04-11-2011, 08:33 PM
My names Steven, im livin on vancouver island, went to nova scotia for training at Maritime Drilling Schools LTD. Just wanna start workin

leeaspell
04-11-2011, 11:28 PM
I thaught break up started for me only worked 5 days this month, last 6 off, then got a call today sayin dont make any plans for the rest of april, lease is all mating and a cat is cheap.

wolf308
04-12-2011, 05:42 AM
ive had 2 weeks off so far plus my week off, trying to get a vacation for a week here planned ,but we could fire back up on friday, it kinda sux though,theres so much snow at the farm(where i do most of my shooting) cant get in to do some load devel/sighting in/shooting. any one heard if emils in north red deer is ever gonna fire(lol) back up,guess i should get off the couch and get a rocky MH range membership,.

The Bit Runner.
04-12-2011, 06:57 AM
I worked 141 days out of a 153 days From Oct 24th to March 25th, Now that my freinds is a long stretch. I was glad for break up but like many others i only had 11 days off for break up and come back to work on April 6th. There is light at the end of the tunnel though as i only have to stay in till April 23rd then i am driving home and flying WITH MY WIFE:sHa_shakeshout: to Punta Cana for 10 days. Just to look out the window and not see a RIG is going fantastic!!!!! Like someone else said this is going to be one crazy year, We have so many holes ahead of us to drill its Crazy.

ctd
04-12-2011, 12:01 PM
I wish I was working steady.

Coiloil37
04-14-2011, 06:57 PM
Woke up to a call this morning. Looks like breakups over for me as well. I have to be up around Frog lake tomorrow night.

kokanee83
04-14-2011, 09:30 PM
Woke up to a call this morning. Looks like breakups over for me as well. I have to be up around Frog lake tomorrow night.

drillin just west of there down murphy road weve dones tonnes of pads there with the list growing longer by the day. What rig you on

hayseed
04-14-2011, 11:00 PM
Was still movin iron in central AB, dang old wet snow shut my rig moves down..... ya know...... its about time, trucks havent stopped until now....give me a day er two, some sleep, and lets move some iron boys>>:argue2:

AxiALe
04-15-2011, 10:09 AM
My break up is going just like the rest of the year. Two weeks on, one off. No slowing down for our rigs.

And any rig hands that are down and looking for a job or looking to get into the services side pop me a PM as we are hiring!
SG

i did pm you ???????????

honda450
04-15-2011, 10:14 AM
i did pm you ???????????

Sheepguide got banned.

whitetail Junkie
04-15-2011, 10:23 AM
Sheepguide got banned.

:D