PDA

View Full Version : The Dog went for a swim to-day!

densa44
04-02-2011, 04:25 PM
Spring is here snow and all.

We were out for our daily walk, and both unmaintained road allowances we use, had water over the road. There were huge Honkers and large mallards floating on what used to be the road. Well she couldn't resist!

As the birds walked over to where the ditch was through ice, slush and water they floated over the ditch, the dog not so much! Splash!

It is just so hard to resist those birds, she went in a couple of more times on her own with no apparent discomfort.

I guess we can start the water work anytime, as soon as I find a play my truck will get into and OUT of.

Did I mention the Swans, they are so beautiful.

greylynx
04-02-2011, 05:20 PM
Dogs get cabin fever just like their owners.

Your dogs will be happy tonight and sleep very well.

wwbirds
04-02-2011, 10:19 PM
Keep them out for a little while longer. It will keep their joints sound for many more years by not allowing them to go in during cold spring slush.
It is like currents that may over power them in spring, they don't know any better so we have to be the responsible owner and not let them in for a few weeks yet.

densa44
04-02-2011, 10:31 PM
I'm afraid she might see me out. I don't know though, we go 4 1/2 miles every day and I feel better than I have in years. I'm think that if she has pups next heat I may keep a little female. This dog is actually my wifes. I get to walk, train and hunt with her EXCEPT duck hunting, then I'm back to not having a dog.