PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE: Any Recommendations for Auto Repair.

New Hunter Okotoks
04-02-2011, 04:36 PM
I need to get my brakes done and I have a Transmission leak that needs addressing. I also need someone to look over the driveline and see if anything needs to be done. It is a 98 Z71 with 325000 on it. I just picked it up and it runs really well and I don't want to get raped by asking the wrong mechanic " What needs to be done?" and end up spending $3000 for something that didn't need to be done.

Prefer someone in South Calgary,Okotoks,High River areas.

Thanks in Advance.

heybert
04-02-2011, 06:36 PM
Go to Strokers and More in High River. Keith's one of those old time mechanics that knows what he's doing and tell you straight out what you need. Reasonable shop rates too.

Calgary Fisherman
04-02-2011, 08:17 PM
Hey
I just found a good mechanic shop recently in south Calgary
It's just off Deerfoot Trail/Barlow Trail

Impressions Automotive ltd
2434 52 Avenue Southeast, Calgary, AB
T2C 0A4

Family owned and operated, Napa Autocare Centre
Also warranty approved repairs for any new vehicles
Real good rates

Better than Quality Transmission, avoid that company all costs
I learned my lesson dealing with them on a ****ty rebuild transmission that they did for me. 5 Speed Manual Transmission that failed less than a year after rebuild and they tried screwing me in every corner to make me pay again on rebuild. I finally got a brand new one off EBay that has ran like a champ since

Best of luck hunting around man

FallAirFever
04-03-2011, 03:43 AM
They are located near blackfoor and Manhatton Rd. Just a couple blocks form Shaw GMC. Trevor and the boys are great to deal with, No BS. They will have a look and tell you what needs to be done and how much it will cost. I work for small Oilfield service company and we take our truck there because they are honest and dependable, a lot of places see an Oilfield truck and think $$$, not these guys. I am so impressed I take my wifes car there if I ever need service.

reelhooker
04-03-2011, 07:31 AM
integron auto is familly owned and the only place that works on my non-dealership vehicles.

coreya3212
04-03-2011, 08:19 AM
I know a few people who swear by Hilltop Shell in okotoks. I had a out of province done there bout 5 years ago and they seemed pretty good.

varmit9
04-03-2011, 09:24 AM
Go to Strokers and More in High River. Keith's one of those old time mechanics that knows what he's doing and tell you straight out what you need. Reasonable shop rates too.

X2 on strokers. If he is too busy head over to the guy's at minute muffler behind the timmy's. great bunch over there they will even take you in the shop and show you what they found wrong. if not ask keith at strokers he will tell ya where to go if he is to busy.

New Hunter Okotoks
04-12-2011, 05:42 PM
So I brought my truck in to "Strokers And More" in High River. I love Keith's shop. It's old school and he gave me a tour of the place and showed me what projects he was working on. I was kind of hoping that something bad would have happened to my truck and he would have given me the old mustang with the 428 in it!

I had a pretty good idea of what needed to be done on my truck and told Keith to do whatever was obviously needed and let me know what else he felt should be done. I got a call and was told all the stuff I already suspected was required,and a few other things that I was not aware of,but made total sense. There was no BS. and Keith is just one of those guys you know is not out to get you or try to put one over.

If anyone needs a vehicle repair, I would highly recommend Keith's place.

Thanks very much to all who replied. I appreciate it.
NHO.