PDA

View Full Version : How much snow do you have

Coulee
04-02-2011, 07:43 PM
In Calgary I've measured 8 inches so far. Shovelled my driveway twice. Not fun.

MountainTi
04-02-2011, 07:46 PM
6" of new snow, plus whatever melted when it first started falling

harrydude
04-02-2011, 07:49 PM
we have like 12 inches plus

in ne cowtown

Rockymtnx
04-02-2011, 08:02 PM
No new snow in the Wetaskiwin area for over a week now.
However we still have 24"-36" in most places. Where its drifted there is 48"-60".
I was in Red Deer on Thursday and Edmonton today. I was suprised how much more we had considering we are right between the two places.

Grizzly Adams
04-02-2011, 08:04 PM
Too damn much. :lol: Picked up about 8" . Barely made it out of the yard this afternoon. Talked to my sons, one just east of Innisfail, one in Red Deer. They got nothing.

Grizz

Lonnie
04-02-2011, 08:06 PM
Raymond A.B. has a little bit just enuogh to cover the gruond at 8pm

hal53
04-02-2011, 08:07 PM
None out here either...thank goodness...starting to melt and drop, sad to see how many deer didn't make it...still have 3+ feet in the ytard and like Dan said...the drifts are worse...places they've plowed the county roads the banks are still 8-10'

hunted
04-02-2011, 08:09 PM
Brooks has a good 6" and still snowing, lots melted as well. Friday night coming back from Lomond the water was running over the highway in 2 spots. Haven't seen that before. Now this! Gonna be a late spring for the farmers.

bessiedog
04-02-2011, 08:16 PM
And its still coming!

the roads are pretty good though.

about anywhere from 20 cm in Bellevue to bottoming out in the arena parking lot this morning in Coleman.

the hoofed critters are really hating life.

sewerrat
04-02-2011, 08:31 PM
here inn Innisfail just enough to cover everything, no real accumulation. thank goodness have enough of this winter chit.

Kramsky
04-02-2011, 08:38 PM
About 12" here in enchant of the heavy white stuff roads are bad out here so if ya have to be on the roads be careful

Sputnik
04-02-2011, 08:41 PM
About 12" all togther so far.

Heavy wet crap......when will it end!!!!!:angry3:

Good workout though....

RRED88
04-02-2011, 09:01 PM
There is 12 in or more here and it is still coming down, Canmore.

Albertadiver
04-02-2011, 09:17 PM
We're around 11" in NW Calgary

npbra
04-02-2011, 09:21 PM
Clear and sunny in Grande Prairie. Existing snow melting.

pikergolf
04-02-2011, 09:24 PM
South east country, I will not shovel, I will not shovel, I will not shovel......

TreeGuy
04-02-2011, 09:34 PM
It's 9:30 pm and I'm just getting in the door from a 5am start. That's how much. :(

Albertadiver
04-02-2011, 09:34 PM
It's 9:30 pm and I'm just getting in the door from a 5am start. That's how much. :(

And heavy stuff too!

lone wolf
04-02-2011, 09:37 PM
South east country, I will not shovel, I will not shovel, I will not shovel......

Repeat after me ...... it will melt by itself, it will melt by itself, it will melt by itself ..............:snapoutofit:

KegRiver
04-02-2011, 09:37 PM
Clear sunny and warm here north of Manning. Ditches are filling up, water starting to move. Next seven days forecast for more of the same.

Ken07AOVette
04-02-2011, 09:53 PM
Clear sunny and warm here north of Manning. Ditches are filling up, water starting to move. Next seven days forecast for more of the same.

Same, roads in town and my driveway are completely dry

fatboyz
04-02-2011, 09:54 PM
6" plus in Rocky

wwbirds
04-02-2011, 10:08 PM
"Dad, can you drive me in to town to see Mother Mother, mom is afraid of driving in snow" "Sure not much out there, seems to be slowing down and can pick up dog food and few other things while in city"

Took 4 X4 and out driveway about 4 inches except a few places with some drifting. Battery light comes on just as we hit the Marlborough area for him to catch a train up to University. Notice accessories like windshield wipers very slow and now very much like white outs with snow in city.

In parking lot for dog food and drop off son at 5:40 contemplate leaving truck running but that sounds like bad idea in North East. Truck off, try again click click click. "Sorry sir automotive closes at 5 PM what do you need?" Apparently a battery! "We can sell you the battery for your truck but shop is closed so you would have to install in parking lot yourself" "and the tools?" We can sell you any tools you will need from our hardware department?
Yes I have 14 sets of tools on farm but I am going to buy another set of sockets and wrenches here to install a battery.

"Is this AMA, (after 20 minutes on hold) yes but we can' t get a truck out for up to 2 hours, we will call you when we are getting close to your location.

Back in to store, "I need a battery and booster cables" will that be cash or plastic" Plastic sir!

Back out to truck but not getting a good connection on new battery as no bolts in threaded area and clips keep sliding off the terminals whcih are surrounded in plastic. Back into store to buy a pair of pliars as I can get terminals off and retaining rod out of way. Bought pliars but they would not fit and turn in space where that *&^$#! bolt keeper sits to hold bottom of battery to plate.
Back into store need a bag of mints to keep me from smoking.
Cell phone rings it is AMA and our driver wil be delayed a further 20 minutes from your original estimate.

8 :15 AMA guy arrives and truck starts with a boost but is idling poorly battery light is still on and doesn't sound like it is going anywhere.
Driver asks if I want to install new battery, sure if you have a socket, extension and rachet for that 1/2 inch bolt holding battery in place. "I can look"
Sure enough he produces a socket, rachet and after a brief search in a tool box that looks worse than any of mine and that is saying something he comes up with a 6 inch extension.
Replace battery with great help from AMA guy and start truck but looks like battery is still not being charged and we better just head directly for home.

Much more snow on trans canada going east and even transport trucks are doing under 80 km. Arrive in driveway to find all traces of leaving a mere 4 hours ago erased 4 more inches of snow and lots of drifting.

Good news!!! I didn't take the tractor mounted snowblower off the tractor last weekend as I planned so I can clear the driveway for a few hours tomorrow so I can get the truck out to the shop Monday for the scheduled brake job and check the charging system while he is at it.

Ask me how much snow we have had. Too &&^%$#@! much same as winter &^%$#@! much!!!!
Ok I am ready for a beer now!!!!

Alberta Bigbore
04-02-2011, 10:14 PM
this thread is the first i got wind of this snow...........

i decided to be nice and take a sunday morning run to calgary tomorrow... now i know why they were hoping I would do it...

Hopefully The highways will be good for my 4 AM departure... as im pulling two emtpy 53 footers down and too light loads back.

this snow and winter garbage can pi$$ off anytime now

troutfly
04-02-2011, 10:20 PM
An honest non-drifted 10 inches in my yard here in Redcliff.
Drive home from Suffield was a treat this evening. Likely be even more fun in the AM going back out there again.

TreeGuy
04-02-2011, 10:31 PM
And heavy stuff too!

No kidding!

As you well know, I clear snow for condos. On these heavy days, we have a plow that plugs into the receiver hitch of my truck. I back in and pull the snow out. Works pretty slick.

Imagine the moral boost when at 3pm, with about 100 double wide drive pads still to clear, the crappy factory hitch packs it in and the plow falls off. Ugghhhhhhh.

It's been a long day with more to come tomorrow. Stay safe out there everyone.

Albertadiver
04-02-2011, 11:22 PM
No kidding!

As you well know, I clear snow for condos. On these heavy days, we have a plow that plugs into the receiver hitch of my truck. I back in and pull the snow out. Works pretty slick.

Imagine the moral boost when at 3pm, with about 100 double wide drive pads still to clear, the crappy factory hitch packs it in and the plow falls off. Ugghhhhhhh.

It's been a long day with more to come tomorrow. Stay safe out there everyone.

*cough cough* Chevy *cough* For future reference, you can borrow my truck any time you need it.

I had a nap this afternoon for the first time in several months. It was glorious!

_____

sorry to hear about the crappy day sean. I did our yard and went and did a commercial property by myself (after my nap) and it was hard going with a honda snowplow. My hat's off to you guys that do this day in and day out.

Coulee
04-02-2011, 11:33 PM
Sounds like Southern Alberta is getting worse than up north. Hang in there boys, we'll all be fishing soon.

TreeGuy
04-02-2011, 11:50 PM
*cough cough* Chevy *cough* For future reference, you can borrow my truck any time you need it.

I had a nap this afternoon for the first time in several months. It was glorious!

_____

sorry to hear about the crappy day sean. I did our yard and went and did a commercial property by myself (after my nap) and it was hard going with a honda snowplow. My hat's off to you guys that do this day in and day out.

I do so miss my F150's, but to be honest their factory hitches didn't last long either.

If you're out and about tomorrow, take a quick cruise through the condo complex directly behind the CT we last bumped into each other in. 5' banks on either side of the pads. Thankfully we managed to get a bobcat in. Either way, will take pics and post tomorrow.

Albertadiver
04-02-2011, 11:51 PM
Next time you're there, text me and I'll show up with a case of red bull for your guys, and an earl grey tea for yourself!

TreeGuy
04-02-2011, 11:55 PM
Next time you're there, text me and I'll show up with a case of red bull for your guys, and an earl grey tea for yourself!

Bring beer.

I fear the metrosexuality is beginning to become all encompassing 'Diver. :scared:

FallAirFever
04-03-2011, 03:37 AM
Just east of Calgary and all I can say about the snow it TOO EFFING MUCH!!!

Alberta Bigbore
04-03-2011, 05:15 AM
I'm just pulled over by Pigeon lake doing a tire check..... clear and dry so far Piking down to Calgary...... I heard on 660am radio.. Its not snowing ..and clear. I seriously have to start pretending I'm not home and utilize the call display i pay for

gitrdun
04-03-2011, 07:00 AM
SW of High River, it looked as we were done with winter as of Friday. Now, the rural roads have 8" of heavy wet snow. The ditches are full to capacity with water, so if you don't keep it between the ditches, you're in deep water, literally. Some folks driving cars simply parked in an field approach and just left them there. I have a nasty feeling that High River is going to flood this year. :(

ABDUKNUT
04-03-2011, 08:31 AM
We don't have any of that kind of snow where I live. It's 34C today.

FishingMOM
04-03-2011, 06:19 PM
I am estatic to report there is no snow here. i do have lots of white sand.

ccmckee
04-03-2011, 08:02 PM
Well we got a good 8" in downtown calgary as you can see by the pics below. Spent 4hrs plowing our parking lot and sidewalks this morning at work. Man i love my quad for plowing.
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s167/ccmckee/0403111110a.jpg

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s167/ccmckee/0403110933a.jpg

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s167/ccmckee/0403110933b.jpg

WayneChristie
04-03-2011, 08:18 PM
ground was mostly bare Friday, now this yet again.
http://i787.photobucket.com/albums/yy156/rollinghillbilly/DSCF1947.jpg

buckmasterjr
04-03-2011, 08:23 PM
Still got lots of snow in Edmonton. but its melting really fast!:sHa_shakeshout:

Jwood 456
04-03-2011, 08:40 PM
West of Edmonton there is still about 2.5 to 3ft of snow with snow mounds still over 6ft.

There is still alot of snow here, though the snow has been shrinking by the day.:sHa_shakeshout:

The snow's days are finally numbered.:sHa_sarcasticlol::sHa_shakeshout: