PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know much about the Highvale Mine?

HillHunter
04-02-2011, 08:58 PM
Does anyone here know much about Highvale mine Located south of Lake Wabamun, about 70 kilometres (43 miles) west of Edmonton? I may have a job opportunity there but have no idea what wages are like yet and what the company's like to work for. Just wonderign if anyone here knows much about them or has or does work for them?

thanks all!

James

sinawalli
04-03-2011, 07:36 AM
Does anyone here know much about Highvale mine Located south of Lake Wabamun, about 70 kilometres (43 miles) west of Edmonton? I may have a job opportunity there but have no idea what wages are like yet and what the company's like to work for. Just wonderign if anyone here knows much about them or has or does work for them?

thanks all!

James

Wages will depend on what job you are after. Shift is 4X4, 2 12 hour days, 2 12 hour nights, 4 days off. Hope you like coal dust and dirt!! I haven't worked there, but did work at TAU where all the coal they mine goes.

Lonnie
04-03-2011, 07:50 AM
Wages will depend on what job you are after. Shift is 4X4, 2 12 hour days, 2 12 hour nights, 4 days off. Hope you like coal dust and dirt!! I haven't worked there, but did work at TAU where all the coal they mine goes.

they probably pay fairly decent as most mines do the part about coal dust & dirt is more than true about coal mines. I worked in sparwood BC coal mine 10.5 years dirty job but they had nice locker rooms and good showers thier so you went home clean but if thier not paying good wages forget it as it is a dirty thankless job.