PDA

View Full Version : Gap Lake

Shrubs
12-03-2007, 09:07 AM
Anyone been into Gap lake yet? Thinking of going in there on the weekend.

Shrubs

TundraBuck
12-03-2007, 09:44 AM
Might be a good bet the spawn will be close to slowing down. Might also be heading out there myself this weekend. Should be able to 4x4 right through the muskeg flats now!

Shrubs
12-03-2007, 01:09 PM
Hopefully the bite is still good I've never been able to hit it by the end of November due to hunting but hopefully this weekend will be close enough. If I'm their I'll be driving a black and tan Z71. As long as there aint to much snow should be clear sailing.

Shrubs

YamahaMan72
12-03-2007, 03:01 PM
where is gap lake ?i have never heard of it

dodger
12-03-2007, 07:03 PM
There's one just outside of Canmore, but I'm sure these guys are talking somewhere else.

Dodger

Rockymtnx
12-03-2007, 11:16 PM
The one I know and think the boys are talking about is west of Rocky.

fishman
12-04-2007, 03:24 PM
The brookies were late this year staging as the weather this fall was so nice that the local brookie lake i fish and usually do really good in october...well needless to say last time out was around oct 20th and they still were in water 10-14 feet deep........so i would say that by dec 15th the brookies will be done in the south country and were i live probably a week to 10 days later and farther north would be later yet.....i was fishing north of peace river a few years ago and the brookies were still staged there into late january

jrs
12-04-2007, 06:51 PM
They're done spawning long time ago if thats what your reffering to. Brook/brown/bull trout, still trying to spawn this time of year are either hatchery reared or extremely confused. They do school up for most of the winter in many lakes, can make for great angling, is that what you're reffering to? Just curious, i don't hear of a ton of other guys ice fishing for brookies. Not my favorite but at least i can keep them with no guilt :) .

TundraBuck
12-04-2007, 07:24 PM
Yeah it's great they are in shallow and there is tons of them!!! Awesome colors!