PDA

View Full Version : Best,Favorite,Neatest Fly Fishing Accessories.

elementzero
04-03-2011, 11:55 AM
With the season almost here I just wanted to know what is your best,favorite,neatest fly fishing accessories. I can't wait to get out and can't seem to stop thinking about anything fly fishing.

tacklerunner
04-03-2011, 01:58 PM
As far as accessories go, I don't have anything really unique or too interesting but I think a good vest loaded with all the tools is absolutely your best friend.

Also I think Gink and other dry fly dressings are great inventions. Or some guys will treat their dry flies with Scotchgard or some other water proof treatment. I was gonna try the stuff containing silicone you spray on your boots or camping gear to waterproof them.

lifesaflyin
04-03-2011, 03:05 PM
blood knot tying thingymajig couple wraps and you got a perfect blood knot.

elementzero
04-03-2011, 03:35 PM
I want to find a good backpack that will hold all my gear and a lunch or 2 and some drinks. Somthing that i can just toss on and walk up and down rivers and hikes. The tie fast knot tying tool is a great one to have. I want to get that magnet that attaches to your vest and to the fish net for fast snap on and off access.

tacklerunner
04-03-2011, 03:52 PM
Got a huge & very light back pack with built in frame at CanTire. Use it for snowmobiling. Holds a dozen pops, some ice rods, all the gear and accessories you need, straps, tow rope, extra clothes food etc and it's very good for the posture. My crappy back feels great when it pulls my shoulders back.

How come I haven't gotten 1 of the quick tie thingamajigs? What are they called?

My net came with the magnetic attachment. Just attach one end to the top of the back of my vest and it's so handy. Just let the net float while you're releasing the fish and worry about it later.

elementzero
04-03-2011, 04:01 PM
Thanks for the tip on the backpack! sounds perfect and for the knot tying tool it is called different things in different places but at bass pro its called the tie-fast knot tyer.. lol it had to be hard for them to come up with that one lol.

http://www.basspro.com/TieFast-Knot-Tyer/product/22917/-181579

hope that gets you there.

tacklerunner
04-03-2011, 04:51 PM
Thanks. Gotta grab one.

lifesaflyin
04-03-2011, 06:02 PM
this is the one I have. wholesale sports carries them

http://www.cinchtie.com/blood_knot_tool.htm

I will probly pick this one up too.

http://www.cinchtie.com/cinch_tie_knot_tyer.htm

Daceminnow
04-03-2011, 06:10 PM
With the season almost here I just wanted to know what is your best,favorite,neatest fly fishing accessories. I can't wait to get out and can't seem to stop thinking about anything fly fishing.

a buddy to row the boat and run your camera. it's also helpful when they bring lunch.

tacklerunner
04-03-2011, 06:14 PM
a buddy to row the boat and run your camera. it's also helpful when they bring lunch.

Lol. Yeah a buddy with 4 arms would be the best. Could hold my beer and pass me a cold one and net the fish and row and...

Darren N
04-03-2011, 09:13 PM
christmas of 2009 my wife bought me a new fly vest. My first reaction was that this means i have to say goodbye to my old personal vest. The new vest is one of those backpack types with a million pockets and zippers. i used it all of 2010 and found it to be my best tool. I just have to be careful and not load up to much crap in it. Back to the question though the one thing I would miss the most is the retractable clips outside my vest.

canned Tuna
04-03-2011, 09:22 PM
a pair of hemostats for removing hooks and pinching down the barbs.

Nait Hadya
04-03-2011, 09:35 PM
pair of those flip up glasses so you can see the eye of the hook on an 18,opps your probably not going to need them for some time...lol

tonyflyfish
04-03-2011, 09:39 PM
29 ft Jayco. Lol
Wouldn't go far without BHPN, pack w/lunch,
Or nail clippers w/ hook eye pin.

Kingfisher
04-03-2011, 10:47 PM
I love my Reddington CPX waders. They have a waterproof wetsuit zipper down the front. Oh man the older I get the more I appreciate the small things in life. Like taking a pee without spending 20 minutes taking off vest, jacket, waders.

Rob

bobalong
04-03-2011, 11:15 PM
Thingamabobbers and mitten grips.