PDA

View Full Version : Point of View cameras

sheephunter
04-04-2011, 08:31 AM
There's been some discussion on here lately about point of view cameras. We just picked up a couple and now can't wait for hunting season. I can't wait the throw them on a rifle, shotgun or bow. Pretty cool stuff. Putting one on a retriever would be awesome too.

Anyhow, pretty cool technology. Here's a look at Jet's trip to the dog park yesterday....from Jet's point of view.

http://www.youtube.com/user/sheephunterab?feature=mhum#p/a/u/0/Dg4NolDm0rM

Private Ear
04-04-2011, 08:41 AM
Too Cool!

Mike_W
04-04-2011, 08:41 AM
:sick:Cool but dang that got me a little motion sick:sick:

coorslight
04-04-2011, 08:44 AM
cant see it waht was it

sheephunter
04-04-2011, 08:44 AM
:sick:Cool but dang that got me a little motion sick:sick:

LOL...ya the joys of an over active border collie...lol He never slows down.

lannie
04-04-2011, 08:51 AM
Looked like Jets ears were bouncing to the beat of the music. Very social dog you have there, likes to vist lots ! I too had to look out the window at the horizon a couple of times. Put a pic up of Jet with the camera mounted on him. Thanks for the laugh, very entertaining

sheephunter
04-04-2011, 09:06 AM
Looked like Jets ears were bouncing to the beat of the music. Very social dog you have there, likes to vist lots ! I too had to look out the window at the horizon a couple of times. Put a pic up of Jet with the camera mounted on him. Thanks for the laugh, very entertaining

Here he is all equipped!

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h44/sheephunterab/JetCamera.jpg

honda450
04-04-2011, 09:13 AM
Too cool.

I want to mount one on my hard hat. hehe

I gotta get one period. :sHa_shakeshout:

conehead
04-04-2011, 09:16 AM
thats cool.What kind of camera is that,make, model,,,I want one.Thanks

sheephunter
04-04-2011, 09:17 AM
thats cool.What kind of camera is that,make, model,,,I want one.Thanks

It's a GoPro Hero.

lannie
04-04-2011, 09:19 AM
Very good ! He does not look that amused in the picture. haha If i could put a caption to the pic it would say " sometimes it's hard being your best friend " Haha.

Pixel Shooter
04-04-2011, 09:28 AM
My son got one for xmas, he luvs it, because HD does take some computer power. was hoping to use this bird hunting. Best thing we did was bought the accessory lcd that just came out, sure makes it a ton easier to use, works perfect :)

Great POV on the pup, hmmm may have to strap one on one of my labs lol be cool out retrieving

honda450
04-04-2011, 09:41 AM
It's a GoPro Hero.

Whats them things worth sheep?

sheephunter
04-04-2011, 09:43 AM
Whats them things worth sheep?

Around $350 for the camera and we got another $100 bucks worth of accessories.

honda450
04-04-2011, 09:46 AM
Around $350 for the camera and we got another $100 bucks worth of accessories.

Thanks. I thought you were going to say "Google is your friend". hehehe

horsetrader
04-04-2011, 09:49 AM
Very cool sheephunter...dog's eye view...have meniere's had to look away a couple times but was worth it ...thanks

walking buffalo
04-04-2011, 09:53 AM
Good doggie.....:)

I expected the vid to turn into an episode of Butt-man... :D

Slannesh
04-04-2011, 12:26 PM
There's been some discussion on here lately about point of view cameras. We just picked up a couple and now can't wait for hunting season. I can't wait the throw them on a rifle, shotgun or bow. Pretty cool stuff. Putting one on a retriever would be awesome too.

Anyhow, pretty cool technology. Here's a look at Jet's trip to the dog park yesterday....from Jet's point of view.

http://www.youtube.com/user/sheephunterab?feature=mhum#p/a/u/0/Dg4NolDm0rM

Very cool video TJ!

I wonder how the camera would handle recoil though? They seem more designed to see the close up action so they'd probably be cool for bow hunting but I think they might leave something to be desired at anything further out than 20 yards or so. In any event, very cool. I did love the dog's eye view.

sheephunter
04-04-2011, 12:27 PM
Very cool video TJ!

I wonder how the camera would handle recoil though? They seem more designed to see the close up action so they'd probably be cool for bow hunting but I think they might leave something to be desired at anything further out than 20 yards or so. In any event, very cool. I did love the dog's eye view.

Their depth of field is incredible but I agree that things need to be close. Bow or shotgun would be cool for sure.

Pixel Shooter
04-04-2011, 12:53 PM
they just lauched the go pro set up for 3D , check the website, now that is cool. hmmmm I see another purchase in my future.

I am hoping these will work great for duck and goose field shoots

boomstick
04-04-2011, 01:59 PM
very cool tj , first thing i noticed is that you can,t keep that medium coated welsh retreiver from the water lol . to mount that on a gun would be cool but the recoil could be a problem with all the shacking it was doing . when you try it put some video up so we can see what its like . i too would be interested in a camera like that.

Elkaholic6
04-04-2011, 02:49 PM
They are pretty slick... Need one for a night of partying :sHa_sarcasticlol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dEfv9lb2RI