PDA

View Full Version : Rig Rockets???

rugatika
04-04-2011, 10:53 PM
What's everyone running for a patch vehicle? I am running a 2008 f350 diesel. I'm thinking of picking up a Jeep TJ as a second vehicle that I would put a bit of a lift and some 35x12.5 tires (and maybe some lockers). Curious if anyone is running something other than pickups and how they are holding up.

Basically looking for something that will get me into really muddy lease sites a little better than a big heavy truck without totally tearing up the roads etc.

MWD 800
04-04-2011, 11:01 PM
Rhino or some other side by side?

rugatika
04-04-2011, 11:04 PM
Rhino or some other side by side?

Thought about a polaris rzr, but really looking for something with air conditioning. lol. Something street legal.

MWD 800
04-04-2011, 11:21 PM
Go fast.... air conditioning lol. I have a jeep as my personal vehicle. It's a 92 commanche with 340000kms I bought off a member. I love it. It doesn't have a lift or big tires yet but its fun and light. I actually prefer driving it to my 08 F-350 to be honest. :sHa_shakeshout:

rugatika
04-04-2011, 11:23 PM
Go fast.... air conditioning lol. I have a jeep as my personal vehicle. It's a 92 commanche with 340000kms I bought off a member. I love it. It doesn't have a lift or big tires yet but its fun and light. I actually prefer driving it to my 08 F-350 to be honest. :sHa_shakeshout:

I used to have a 93 cherokee...very good off road vehicles, and pretty bullet proof as well. Might consider an XJ as well.

CaberTosser
04-04-2011, 11:24 PM
If you get a Jeep Rubicon you'll have the factory lockers already there, and just need the bigger donuts installed. The huge aftermarket support doesn't hurt either. A Toyota Tacoma would be up there too; lots of bolt-on's, lighter than a 3/4 ton and it's a Toyota! Then there's those older right hand drive import diesels like the Toyota Hilux that are all over the place; they're way light and sturdily built.

MWD 800
04-04-2011, 11:26 PM
If you get a Jeep Rubicon you'll have the factory lockers already there, and just need the bigger donuts installed. The huge aftermarket support doesn't hurt either. A Toyota Tacoma would be up there too; lots of bolt-on's, lighter than a 3/4 ton and it's a Toyota! Then there's those older right hand drive import diesels like the Toyota Hilux that are all over the place; they're way light and sturdily built.

X2 on the imported Toyota diesels. They are awesome.

sikwhiskey
04-05-2011, 01:17 AM
X2 on the imported Toyota diesels. They are awesome.

Love the yota imports, untill you need a part and you have to wait weeks for it to arrive. Alot of them still can change with regular toyotas, but the down time still sucks!! Taco or Pre runner all the way. If I didn't need a F-350 to haul Equip, I would never buy one. When I can, I drive my 03 taco everywere!

sikwhiskey
04-05-2011, 01:19 AM
JEEP = just empty every pocket! Ya know what a jeep and a tampon have in common? Every Pus*y needs one:sHa_shakeshout:

blackpheasant
04-05-2011, 01:54 AM
Work truck is a 2006 Toyota Tundra I've got 210,000 km on her now did the brakes at around 160,000 thats the only time in the shop for her, my other work truck (retired now) is a 2005 Avalanche 140,000 km been in the shop to many times it's my around town truck...will for sure be getting a new Tundra just haven't got tired of the old one yet...

ACKLEY ABE
04-05-2011, 07:35 AM
JEEP = just empty every pocket! Ya know what a jeep and a tampon have in common? Every Pus*y needs one:sHa_shakeshout:

I've taken my Rubicon 4 dr. places I wouldn't (couldn't) go on a quad. Only reason I have a winch on it is to pull the rr's outta the ditch.