PDA

View Full Version : TT/RV seasonal Prep Clinic?

reelhooker
04-05-2011, 08:44 AM
I bought my new(to me) camper already winterized, and am wondering if there is anyone in the calgary area that would be willing to show me the in's and out's of getting it ready for the season. What type of stuff is required and so on. anything from prep on the water system to heater tank to furnace and or fridge maintenance. I would really appreciate if anyone could share this knoledge with me. I would like to learn a few things from someone that is not trying to sell me parts. I'm more then happy to provide "pops" and such, if maybe there is a group that is interested in learning a few TT tips. Maybe a member or two would like to help out his'her fellow AO'ers by running a mini clinic.
If anyone knows of a place that might teach you this stuff or run a clinic could you please let me know.
Thank you for any interest.
RH

JB_AOL
04-05-2011, 09:45 AM
Good Idea. If only I had the time, I'd walk you though basics.

First thing I would do is start reading all the manuals for each piece of equip in the trailer. if you can't find it, google it. Most are available on line.

2nd thing I would do is plan a trip either very close to home or at home (but actually stay in the tt). This forces you to use everything and if something is broke, you're not hundreds of miles away.

unwinterizing is fairly straight forward. Just google it. but do not unwinterize your trailer til you are ready to use it or weekend before. I've seen many people unwinterize early april, only to have the lines freeze. I actually unwinterize on my first trip (may long), I just stop at the dump station on my way to the site and drain everything.

I've seen a couple of sites that have "1st timer tips", just can't find them now.

recce43
04-05-2011, 09:50 AM
i would be glad to help you out

srp71
04-05-2011, 10:08 AM
Try google "the rvers corner".

Redfrog
04-05-2011, 10:27 AM
I like the idea. It would be exactly like the horse packing clinic except for the horses...and the packs ... and the tents and tarps and hitches and.. knots and old guys and the smell of horse sweat and crap.:snapoutofit:

Seriously an RV clinic for AO members would be awesome. I have a camper not a trailer, but I would like to know the tips for winterizing it for cold weather use.